Indy at Madame Tussaud's in London

MissDefense

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
He's fleeing a giant disco ball, which looks rigged to spin vertically.
Interesting commentary on the 70's.

MissDefense

Sort of!there's actually this stairs which ends to the wall and Indy is actually behind,while in front there are some singers like Diana Ross (that's why the 70's disco ball!):D :D
Spielberg was near the stairs with other actors,maybe Indy's place should have been closer to him!

Gustav

They should have a wax shark that looks like the robot shark in Jaws. And a wax Robert Shaw should be sticking half way out of its mouth and they could be on the orca. And Chief Brody could be reaching out trying to save Quint. That would be groovy.

Diana Ross rules Motown.

Finn

Staff member
Neat pics. Except it's sad to see how hooligans can roam about freely everywhere. What they did to the face of the doll next to Spielberg is just plain outrageous...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Seen the Indy figure before. Back in 98, Tussaud's was on a world tour and they started in Melbourne. I happened to be on holidays in Melbourne at the time and went to it. I was surprised to find the wax figure of HF as Indy, it was even set up like a cave from Temple of Doom. I still have an official photo of it and the official book of the whole exhibition.

westford

I'd rather have seen that exhibition Violet! The Indy waxwork at Madame Tussauds is roped off so you can't get up close and, erm, personal. :p I wanted a closer look at the costume, but it's too far away to get a good look and the lighting isn't great in that room either.

My photos:
Indy pic 1
Indy pic 2
Spielberg

When I was there, they had the George Clooney waxwork set up at a table, so you could sit with him and pretend to be having a candle-lit dinner together - there were about 15 women waiting in line to get their photo taken... :rolleyes:

Stoo

Scored some VIP passes and jumped the 2-block line of visitors for Madame Tussaud's!:D
I was unaware of the Indy waxwork and when stepping into that section, the "Raiders March"
began to play! There he was...(Spielberg, too).

The pose is stiff but with the right shadows, the face is good. Fully lit, it's not so convincing.
What a zoo inside that place! Here are my pics:

IndyTussaud_01.jpg
IndyTussaud_04.jpg

IndyTussaud_03.jpg
IndyTussaud_05.jpg

IndyTussaud_02.jpg
IndyTussaud_06.jpg

DocWhiskey

I'm sorry but the 12 inch Hasbro toys have a better likeness of Ford then those wax sculptures. It's cool to see, but it just looks wrong. Madame Tussad's is pretty hit or miss with their work.

Mrs_Fedora

DocWhiskey said:
I'm sorry but the 12 inch Hasbro toys have a better likeness of Ford then those wax sculptures. It's cool to see, but it just looks wrong. Madame Tussad's is pretty hit or miss with their work.

Yeah, your'e right. The Indy/Ford sculpture is ok but it can do better. I saw it somewhere in the 90's and his hair was even longer... I saw a Ford sculpture in NY's Madame Tussauds, it looked ok, but not great.
Some wax sculptures look really good and others are just plain terrible.

The Golden Idol

Stoo said:
Scored some VIP passes and jumped the 2-block line of visitors for Madame Tussaud's!:D
I was unaware of the Indy waxwork and when stepping into that section, the "Raiders March"
began to play! There he was...(Spielberg, too).

The pose is stiff but with the right shadows, the face is good. Fully lit, it's not so convincing.
What a zoo inside that place! Here are my pics:

IndyTussaud_01.jpg
IndyTussaud_04.jpg

IndyTussaud_03.jpg
IndyTussaud_05.jpg

IndyTussaud_02.jpg
IndyTussaud_06.jpg

Ford's face in the above photos looks great, but it looks really poor in the fully lit photos.

Stoo

Yes. If you visit, turn off the flash for your camera! Anyway, I think they did a nice job with Harrison.
One of the better waxworks in the whole museum.

(In other Madame Tussaud news: Just a few days ago, the controversial Hitler exhibit
was unveiled at the Madame Tussaud's in Berlin. It didn't take long before a 40 yr. old man
jumped the rope and ripped his head off! There is a now a debate on whether the figure
will be repaired or not.:dead:)

indyclone25

i read about that ---- i mean i understand his frustration ----- but it's like people from history too are there --- i'm sure they have other people that are not liked in there ---

Rhys135

Harrison looks like Kelsey Grammer there in my opinion. There's also a Madame Tussaud's in Blackpool, with a proper Indy section, according to my friend. Maybe they have the better Harrison waxwork?

Spielberg looks great though!