Who the heck is this guy?

Grinch

Was watching Raiders for the millionth time, and I noticed something weird. Look at this dude that walks by...to the left of the bottle.

who1bw7.jpg

who2yd6.jpg

I'm really confused. He's wearing jeans and a T-shirt. Was this a joke by the production team or something?

Here's a closeup:

who3gs6.jpg

It's not a blooper, even though Raiders was shot quickly to save money. Steven and George both thought Raiders was too perfect, so they added this guy later using CGI as a kind of joke. The only other change for the DVD release was the removal of the snake's reflection in the Well of Souls scene.

oki9Sedo

René Belloq said:
It's not a blooper, even though Raiders was shot quickly to save money. Steven and George both thought Raiders was too perfect, so they added this guy later using CGI as a kind of joke. The only other change for the DVD release was the removal of the snake's reflection in the Well of Souls scene.

You've got to be kidding.

Dr.Sartorius

I heard Lucas has plans to insert a fully digital character (like Jar Jar Binks) into Raiders to "balance the serious tone of the movie".

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Man, you've got good eyes. I never noticed. It's not even in the Movie Mistakes book, I've got at home.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Noticed him a looooong time ago thanks to the bloopers on TR.n and TIE.c.

We Know this Guy!!!

Well after examining the close ups,I know who he is!!! As you can see clearly in one of the photos that he is eyeing the bottle which from Indy drinks. From the color of the liquor and the style of bottle I have determined that Indy was grieving over Marions death with a bottle of mead. Now just imagine chainmaile and no hair. Thats right!!!! its Clinton Hammond grooving to the beat of middle eastern folk music while trying to sabotage the scene or anything for that matter that George "The Hack'" Lucas attempts in the film industry.:)

ninepinejones said:
Well after examining the close ups,I know who he is!!! As you can see clearly in one of the photos that he is eyeing the bottle which from Indy drinks. From the color of the liquor and the style of bottle I have determined that Indy was grieving over Marions death with a bottle of mead. Now just imagine chainmaile and no hair. Thats right!!!! its Clinton Hammond grooving to the beat of middle eastern folk music while trying to sabotage the scene or anything for that matter that George "The Hack'" Lucas attempts in the film industry.:)
I just wanted to clarify that the "Hack" I used has nothing to do with coughing or my opinion about Lucas,actually The "Hack" term is what happy go lucky Clinty thinks of George's film making. I also want to clarify that I rather enjoy Clintons presence here at the Raven Bar,its kind of hilarious entertainment to see the newbies as we are lamely called like myself get all mad and freak out and right huge columns worthy of CNN coverage defending themselves and their fanatic love for Indy like it was Dick Cheney's oil stash. I love clarifying this kind of stuff with myself,otherwise I wouldnt know what I was talking aboot.

Ps I spelled about like aboot on purpose,just wanted to clarify that.:)

fedoraboy

Can't believe I hadn't noticed this guy before after the 100's of viewings of the movie and I've never heard of this one beofre on any bloopers sites.

Well spotted!

Gustav said:
How did you obtain this information?
Actually I obtained this information from the files of the "Impersonator" who still occasionally works for the Raven News periodically as a freelance reporter. The Impersonator used to date Dick Cheney's daughter before she realized she likes the muff instead of the big stuff. When she dumped the Impersonator he was furious and retaliated by by stalking her for years. One time Dick was picking Mary up from school and the Impersonator followed them both to a cave out in the backwoods of Texas, there the Impersonator witnessed an unspeakable event. Well its now going to be spoken about. Inside the cave was a tunnel that was dug out by Haliburton oil company, the tunnel leads to Osama Bin Ladens extravagant underground layer. This is where huge jars of canned vegetables,fruit and oil is stashed. This is Dicks reserve, oddly enough when the Impersonator entered the cave he saw that a renaissance fair was taking place and Dick was dressed as a knight of the round table while Osama was playing the lute. This is actually where the Impersonator first met Clinton Hammond, as Clinton loves Renaissance fairs but hates Dick Cheney he also was under cover and was hired there on the spot to sabotage Lucas's films as a rogue extra in his films. The Impersonator was hired by Tom Selleck( after Tom did not get the part for Raiders) to find someone like Clinty to do just this job. It was a strange happening, thanks to this thread and the evidence that is apparent in the latter photos we now know the true story:)