World countries

qwerty

How many foreign countries have you visited?
I for now have 6 countries in that list. Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria, FYR Macedonia, Germany and Netherlands. Well I could also add Montenegro and Croatia but when I was there it was still the same country.

Magda

I have visited Poland, the Czech Republic, Italy, Slovenia, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Slovakia, Germany, and Bosnia & Herzegovina, so than makes ten.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Spain and Greece. So 16 including Finland, 15 foreign.

roundshort

I've been around the world, and I am going again. I have to a lot of places, and find that it takes many visits and a lot time to really get to know a place, if y ou ever can. I have been to Beaune about 4 times, twice as long as 3 weeks, and i am just beginning to get to know this great old town in Burgundy. Also, with a country as large and diverse as America, man you can spend a life time just getting to know the states!

I've been to Europe a number of times, and to 48 of the 50 US States, and parts of Canada. I've been to Ireland, Britain, France, Germany, Poland (but only to get off the train and get food), Russia, The Netherlands, Belguim, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Litchenstein, Italy, San Marino, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Hungry, Austria, Spain, Andorra, Gebraltar.

So that's 25 total. I don't think I've missed any.

qwerty

Edward The Head said:
I've been to Europe a number of times, and to 48 of the 50 US States, and parts of Canada. I've been to Ireland, Britain, France, Germany, Poland (but only to get off the train and get food), Russia, The Netherlands, Belguim, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Litchenstein, Italy, San Marino, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Hungry, Austria, Spain, Andorra, Gebraltar.

So that's 25 total. I don't think I've missed any.
Was that some backpacking trip?

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I've been to: France, U.S, Canada, England, Spain, germany, Czech Republic and Malta. And in october I'm going to Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary. I simply can't wait!

qwerty said:
Was that some backpacking trip?

No actually it was a motorcycling trip, and a honeymoon. Plus a couple of other trips here and there. BTW Serbia was very nice, both my wife and I enjoyed it and the people, we could only stay a day though.

qwerty

Edward The Head said:
No actually it was a motorcycling trip, and a honeymoon. Plus a couple of other trips here and there. BTW Serbia was very nice, both my wife and I enjoyed it and the people, we could only stay a day though.
One of my traveling dreams is to travel with my friends though Europe on motorcyles. Was it an organized trip or was it spontaneous?

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Lived in the Netherlands and currently Belgium. Been to Germany and France. Not much of a traveler, I´m afraid.

qwerty said:
One of my traveling dreams is to travel with my friends though Europe on motorcyles. Was it an organized trip or was it spontaneous?

It was a trip that I planned. I found someone in England who had the same type of motorcycle I have now and he loaned it to me. There was also a swimming competition that I wanted to goto so I combined the two. I took five weeks and traveled around. I went through a lot of places, but didn't really spend much time anywhere except for Italy for the swimming, and Ireland where I have some friends. Even though I didn't stay around for long it was still a great trip.

I would love to go back for something like that again, but I don't have the time, and there's a little Marion running around now.

MissDefense

Been to France,Spain,Portugal,UK,Belgium,Netherlands,Luxembourg,Germany,Sweden,
Hungary,Denmark,Estonia,Greece,Malta,Croatia,Switzerland,Poland,Morocco, Turkey,Usa. My mother is finnish so I've been to Finland millions of times and lived in Oklahoma,US as exchange student.
After Christmas I'm going for a 2 weeks trip in south India,really looking forward t o that one!!(y)

westford

France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Croatia, Cyprus, Austria, Switzerland - I think that's all so far. Haven't been out of the UK this year, so that will be a priority for 2007!

"its not the years,its the milage"

Mexico,Panama,CostaRica,Haiti,Spain,France,Italy,Croatia,Greece,Turkey,
Iceland,Ireland,Scotland, England,Africa. Next Year I will be in China and Thailand. Its cool so many of us here at the Raven have travelled so much, it makes sense being that Indy is a world Traveler also. ;)

qwerty

Is anybody here interested in some kind of exchange trips.
You and your friends come to Serbia and me and my friends host you. We show you different parts of Serbia, some national meals, alcohol, customs. We have a good time basicly. It all lasts for couple of weeks.
And then couple of months after that we come to you. And the same thing happens there. We travel around, do stuff and generaly have a good time.
Anybody interested?

Island of Indy vacation

ninepinejones said:
Mexico,Panama,CostaRica,Haiti,Spain,France,Italy,Croatia,Greece,Turkey,
Iceland,Ireland,Scotland, England,Africa. Next Year I will be in China and Thailand. Its cool so many of us here at the Raven have travelled so much, it makes sense being that Indy is a world Traveler also. ;)

Im heading to Kauai in a few weeks,to visit,I lived there for a couple years and cant wait to get back. Kauai is loaded with Indy influence. Then its off to Mexico first then Alaska (y)

qwerty said:
Is anybody here interested in some kind of exchange trips.
You and your friends come to Serbia and me and my friends host you. We show you different parts of Serbia, some national meals, alcohol, customs. We have a good time basicly. It all lasts for couple of weeks.
And then couple of months after that we come to you. And the same thing happens there. We travel around, do stuff and generaly have a good time.
Anybody interested?

Its a cool idea,it would take some manifesting but Im in. I travel alot so maybe I could show you the Island of Kauai where I always enjoy flying by and checking out the Indy landscape.:hat: