Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

berelain19

I'm a big Potc fan,of all three!
I saw 3 two weeks ago,and the only thing I didn't like was the multiple Jacks and the 50 foot Tia Dalma/Calypso.It just didn't belong...and it was badly done..

Other than that,I was totally hooked right from the beginning! I bought the soundtrack,the posters the books and now I'm thinking about saving up the money to buy Davey Jones' chest..

At this point I really can't do without Pirates!

By the way,I read somewhere on the first page of this thread that somebody said something about the dog being the exact same dog as the one in the first Pirates...well,it's supposed to be the same dog because Pintel and Ragetti managed to trick the dog in giving them the keys(they were in prison,remember?) Pintel says they were able to escape because he was clever,''ain't that right,Poochi?''
So,there you have it!
As for the dog-actor;in the second they used a different dog,but they dyed it with vegatable paint to make it look like the first one!

The soundtrack is also great by the way! Especially ''up is down''

Baron Brunwald said:
Then stop posting in this thread :D

that is very well said!

IndySeven said:
Its not that I hate Pirates, its just that it has a bad storyline and its kinda boring.:)

Maybe you haven't been paying attention...Or are you not up for complicated storylines??

Did you fail to notice the storyline of the east india trading company getting his hands on Davey Jones' chest.If the pirates of the world don't unite they(eitc) will rule the waters,and that's bad! So it's EITC against the Pirates.
How can you miss that?

It's okay,you know,some people just can't see it sometimes...you just have to understand and appriciate the genre,I guess...

Last edited by a moderator:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
What I found most unwise about these movies was they borrowed the same plot as the decreasingly good Matrix sequels: main character fights a squid, he gets sent to limbo, everyone else spends an hour retrieving him, kill some time, final battle.

berelain19

I thought Matrix too special-effects minded.The story got lost in CGI..
And if you question the reason of the whole matrix-plan...what's the point in creating a matrix??
They never explain...

berelain19

Moedred said:
What I found most unwise about these movies was they borrowed the same plot as the decreasingly good Matrix sequels: main character fights a squid, he gets sent to limbo, everyone else spends an hour retrieving him, kill some time, final battle.

And every other movie....

Once again,I think quality and personal preference is mixed up here.

True,there have been better scripts written than Pirates,but,at leats one can make out a clear story.You just have to want to pay attention. I like to be challenged a bit.Otherwise I'll watch a soap-opera or something...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
I thought the exact same thing in the theater, forgot about it afterwards.

kongisking

Since the movie ended with a nice cliffhanger for No. 4, maybe the sequel could be about Jack and Barbossa's race to find the fountain of youth. Maybe the Fountain is hidden on an island with dinosaurs, and there could be a new band of supernatural pirates also looking for the Fountain.

Vampire pirates, perhaps? (y) :confused:

Baron Brunwald

kongisking said:
Since the movie ended with a nice cliffhanger for No. 4, maybe the sequel could be about Jack and Barbossa's race to find the fountain of youth. Maybe the Fountain is hidden on an island with dinosaurs, and there could be a new band of supernatural pirates also looking for the Fountain.

Vampire pirates, perhaps? (y) :confused:

Wait... what cliffhanger?

Dr.Sartorius

POTC 3 was actually kinda fun. I liked it more than I thought I would. There were a few groan inducing moments that were kind of strange though. It also seemed to drag on more than it needed to.

Niteshade007

Dr.Sartorius said:
POTC 3 was actually kinda fun. I liked it more than I thought I would. There were a few groan inducing moments that were kind of strange though. It also seemed to drag on more than it needed to.

Really? That's funny, because to me, I felt the second seemed to be longer than it should have been, and this one, although almost three hours long, never seemed to have unnecessary moments. I really enjoyed this one, I think even more than the 1st one. It'll take another couple of viewings of each to fully decide however.

Forbidden Eye

berelain19 said:
!The soundtrack is also great by the way! Especially ''up is down''

My favorite is Parlay. Gotta love a theme that's Rolling Stones meets Ennio Morricone famous score. (y)

Love the Pirates trilogy, loved this one. I'd go as far as to say it's my favorite of the three. Hope they make a 4th after they wait a while for hype to die down a bit.

berelain19

Baron Brunwald said:

SPOILER!!!

The one where jack sails off to find the fountain of youth....

The clip after the credits just raps up the story of Will and Elizabeth. ...they haven't aged in those ten years,though...

I have now a total of nine posters,five books including the beautiful ''Art of Pirates'',stickers(LOL),soundtracks,the pirate medaillon and next week I will be receiving Davy Jones' key and Tia Dalma's necklace.
I really want Jack's rings too and Davy Jones' chest but those are really expensive!
Yep...I'm a crazed fan....

Last edited:

nezobiwan

My friends and I had a massive POTC party and went to the midnight showing of this movie in costume. I personally, loved the movie. I've never cried so much in a movie theater.

Check out my pics if you want (I'm Elizabeth Swann in the pics): party and midnight show.

Planning to do something similar for Indy 4!

Indy_Chic

nezobiwan said:
My friends and I had a massive POTC party and went to the midnight showing of this movie in costume. I personally, loved the movie. I've never cried so much in a movie theater.

Check out my pics if you want (I'm Elizabeth Swann in the pics): party and midnight show.

Planning to do something similar for Indy 4!

Those pictures are great! An Indiana Jones theme party sounds like fun. Make sure you take pictures when you do!:cool:

kongisking

Baron Brunwald said:

The film ended with Barbossa stealing the Black Pearl once again, and Jack is once again in pursuit, but with a map he stole from Barbossa earlier in the movie. From what we see, it looks like a treasure map to the Fountain of Youth. PERFECT SETUP! I love that idea...bring on "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Quest for Youth"!!!

(How do you like my title? :D )

But I want to know what you guys think of the Vampire Pirates idea. Or maybe even mummies! :cool:

nezobiwan

Indy_Chic said:
Those pictures are great! An Indiana Jones theme party sounds like fun. Make sure you take pictures when you do!:cool:

Ohhhh you know I will!

I can't wait until the At World's End DVD comes out. I hope they have bloopers just like the previous two did. I think it comes out in December? I also heard there are like a TON of deleted scenes. Some insane amount too like more than an hour's worth.