Worst movie ever!! Whats your opinion?

|ZiR| said:
Yep. It was my first Asylum production. The poster made it look 10x better than it was.

Well I learned that the hard way. Really though, AQ:ToS had some potential. There were some very Indy-esque scenes and bits of dialogue that could have been awesome(ly bad) if it weren't for the horrible exposition. You can't even blame it on the budget, because much, much films have been made with the same amount, or less.

The only positive thing I can say is that it had some pretty sweeping shots of the landscape.

The only redeeming thing about Snakes on a Train are some of the gore-fxs hearken back to the work of the great Italian gore-maestros. They were genuinely disgusting despite their obvious cheapness.

Not even the breasts could save Snakes on a Train. Typically Zero-budget, gore and breasts are a sure-fire hit. Asylum some how manages to screw up that formula for success.

Baron Brunwald said:
10,000 BC anyone?

The same goes both ways for me. It is unfair to call a brand new movie the worst ever. Just as it's unfair that any brand new movie be called one of the best ever. The IMDb Top 250 and Bottom 100 are awful in that respect.

I haven't seen 10,000 BC and I don't doubt it's awful but I'm going to assume that no, it's not even in the worst 300 films ever made. Rolland Emmerich is a terrible director, certainly among the worst living. But all these big budget Hollywood ****sicles are leaps and bounds beyond some of the affronts to filmmaking from eras gone by; they have a budget, a crew with experience, people who can more-or-less act. There are many films that don't have any of those. 10,000 BC... very likely a Hollywood ****-on-a-stick summer spectacle affair... but not nearly in the same scope of ****ism that films like Robot Monster, for instance, occupy. How can they be as everyone working on a big budget film at least has some technical know-how?

No Ticket

Alexander.

Some people really like that movie. I absolutely hate it. Hate it with a passion. It drug on and on and was boring and I just hated it. I haven't seen it since it came out so I apologize for my hateful reasoning to be so scarce. But trust me, I hated it then and I hate it now. I wouldn't ever watch it again I've already wasted enough of my life the first go 'round.

Seriously, even bad movies I'm willing to sit through in a theater after paying $7.00 to see it. But this was the only movie I ever wanted to walk out on. Ever. I couldn't even properly make fun of it to get enjoyment out of it. There was a point when I thought Alexander was going to die and then I was cheering for him to die so the movie could end... but then he DOESN'T DIE!!?! And I was like "awww, the movie just won't end!"

The movie CAN'T be good if I'm cheering for the main character to die.

I just can't stand that movie. That and Battlefield Earth.

GOOD GOD BATTLEFIELD EARTH SUCKS SO BAD!! Someone tell me how you can sit through that entire film without being completely TAKEN OUT OF THE STORY by every damn shot in the movie being at an angle. There seriously is, from what I recall, no shot that isn't tilted or something.

That and it just plain sucked.

deckard24

Just thought of a few: Dune(1984), Jaws 3, Jaws: The Revenge, The Wicker Man(Nicholas Cage version), Junior, Godzilla(1998), and Hollywood Homicide(Sorry Harrison!)!

mapso

The Arnold Schwarzenegger "comedy" Hercules in New York. It includes a scene that's meant to be set in ancient Greece, but you can hear taxi cabs honking in the background. I still can't believe I watched the whole thing. :sick:

ReggieSnake

No Ticket said:
Alexander.

Some people really like that movie. I absolutely hate it. Hate it with a passion. It drug on and on and was boring and I just hated it. I haven't seen it since it came out so I apologize for my hateful reasoning to be so scarce. But trust me, I hated it then and I hate it now. I wouldn't ever watch it again I've already wasted enough of my life the first go 'round.

Seriously, even bad movies I'm willing to sit through in a theater after paying $7.00 to see it. But this was the only movie I ever wanted to walk out on. Ever. I couldn't even properly make fun of it to get enjoyment out of it. There was a point when I thought Alexander was going to die and then I was cheering for him to die so the movie could end... but then he DOESN'T DIE!!?! And I was like "awww, the movie just won't end!"

The movie CAN'T be good if I'm cheering for the main character to die.
I never watched it because I heard similar things about.

Alexander the Great (1956) couldn't have been much better. It was 2:20 hours long but it felt like four; probably the most boring movie I have ever seen.(n)

Adamwankenobi

Wild at Heart is pretty bad in my book. I'll admit, it's ok in a few scenes, but just has a boring and incohesive plot and a couple of cookie-cutter characters. Not to mention the fact that Nicholas Cage's Elvis mannerisms/impressions and the constant sex scenes during the first half get old pretty quick. :sick:

Don't get me wrong though, I dig some of Lynch's other works, such as The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.

metalinvader

Adamwankenobi said:
Don't get me wrong though, I dig some of Lynch's other works, such as The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.

Don't forget about Eraser Head.That is one of Lynch's best films!

Iandiana

mapso said:
The Arnold Schwarzenegger "comedy" Hercules in New York. It includes a scene that's meant to be set in ancient Greece, but you can hear taxi cabs honking in the background. I still can't believe I watched the whole thing. :sick:

I watched this once and laughed so hard I had to watch it immediately afterwards to follow the story....

I learned a harsh lesson that day. Can you guess?

lucy

As a massive fan of LOTR Ive heard a lot pf people talk a lot of trash about it and I just have to let it go. Yeah so its not perfect but I honestly think no one could have done a better job and anyway just like harry potter or star wars its just not for everyone which is fair enough.

For me the worst film Ive ever seen was Spawn - how in the name of zod did that piece of poo poo ever get made??!! its an abomination.

kongisking

Iandiana said:
Ahem... deep breath.

King Kong on the other hand was absolute garbage. A big, fat CGI mess of a movie in which so little emotion was generated by the end I wanted the monkey dead just so I could go to the bathroom.

*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH*

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are an emotionless monster. That film made me sob longer than any other film on Earth. Shame, shame, shame...

Terrible...just terrible! *Sob*

Iandiana

kongisking said:
*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH*

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are an emotionless monster. That film made me sob longer than any other film on Earth. Shame, shame, shame...

Terrible...just terrible! *Sob*

Have you not seen the Notebook!?

The_Raiders

Huh, I find the old godzilla movies stupid and retarded now, I liked one or two of them, but my little cousins can watch about, oh I'd say the same one at least two or three times in a sum of about 40 minutes between eachother. I no longer find them entertaining, just annoying. (n)

Niteshade007

The Psycho remake was pretty godawful. Really, just painful to watch.

Although I admire the Coen brothers, The Man Who Wasn't There was a huge miss for me. Just an incredibly dull film with an incredible cast. I was hoping for better. I'm not sure if I would say this was one of the worst movies ever, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

I hated License to Kill. I thought it was awful, as was Die Another Day. Two terrible films and its sad that it was each Bond actors' last.

Batman and Robin is pretty awful. Actually, really awful.

As I mentioned before, Date Movie, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie...these all belong under the worst movies ever, with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

EvilDevo

"I hated License to Kill. I thought it was awful"

Yes, it was a pretty bad movie... but the truck chase at the end, I thought, was well done and fairly memorable. And heavily influenced by Raiders.