Disappointed with the 3 3/4" scale!

RelicHunter

tnswman said:
DON'T Bash the Disney figures on here bub...Those figures got us through a LOOOONG dry spell and the ydemand respect for wha tthey were...The ywill always be some of my most favorite figures...And if you don't know about my collection.. I have a LOT of figures to choose from LOL!

We all know that you have a lot of stuff! I have only been here a month and have heard about your "stuff" about a million times. So I will say it now, Congrats on a nice collection.

bgiles73

tnswman said:
If you would read the New Aquisition thread.. You would see that the ROTLA Indy has been Corrected with better paint apps on the face.. Looking MUCH more like Harrison.. These revisions are on LATER packed figures.. I got a case of the newer figures at k-mart and BOTH Indy's were fixed......There are pics on the other thread.

Thanks for the heads up! All the ROTLA Indy figures they had here had the googly eyes. The KOTCS figure looked much better. I never made it out of the store with them. I am glad to hear that something is being done to address the eye issue 'cause that was one hell of an ugly figure!:sick:

tnswman

RelicHunter said:
We all know that you have a lot of stuff! I have only been here a month and have heard about your "stuff" about a million times. So I will say it now, Congrats on a nice collection.

Hey, I want everyone to have as big of a collection...I just don't get the idea of why people would bash the Disney figures r compare them with previous releases. They are NOT generic.. The 1st figure and mini's were created by Applause, the 2nd set was created by HASBRO who bought applause.

The disney line did what it could in relation to the VERY limited tooling money they had. Thanks to those 1st lines, we are now able to get much nicer Indy exclusives from Disney.

The new Hasbro line is TOP notch...However it is aparant that HASBRO held back th best sculpters until the line was considered a (pre-sale) Success. Now, they seem to be moving the right people into place..Just look at the LC line..and the Thuggie from TOD...Simply AMAZING... However NO sculpter may be able to generate a PERFECT Harrison Ford face without the real scan Tech like the KOTCS Indy used. That face is AMAZINGLY PERFECT!!

Snakes

Slide7.JPG

This is the only pic I know of.

Hey, what's this 3 3/4" figure you can send away for with 6 relic stickers? There doesn't seem to be any details inside the package. :confused:

So I made an unexpected discovery and scored some of the new toys tonight. I must say I'm VERY happy with these new figures. I compared each of them in hand with their Disney and vintage Kenner figures and there is no contest. The new Hasbro figures win hands down. The only advantage to the vintage Kenner figures is the "soft goods" cloth robes on Sallah,Monkey Man, Cairo Swordsman and Belloq but really, the sculpts are far superior. The Cairo Truck easily blows away the vintage one. I couldn't be more pleased with this line and I can't wait to get some Last Crusade and Temple of Doom figures.

Billy Ray

Agent Spalko said:
Hey, what's this 3 3/4" figure you can send away for with 6 relic stickers? There doesn't seem to be any details inside the package. :confused:

It is a "Crystal Skeleton with Throne". The Private Universe has an image, though, since it could be considered a spoiler, I won't post the pic here.