The Jeffrey Boam 1995 script

AtomicAnt

Attila the Professor said:
No, this one's a fake, <I>Indiana Jones and the Sons of Darkness</I>. It's not actually by Jeffrey Boam.
Okay. Sorry. I hope someday we find the real draft. I'd love to read it. I'd love to read the first draft of Koepp's too.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Remember how Boam said in 1995 they weren't sure what to do with the first 15 pages? A few months later, Boam told Variety: "Steve Spielberg wants the pic to shoot here. Only one week will be on location, probably in Honduras. Russia had first been planned."

Dr. Gonzo

Moedred said:
Remember how Boam said in 1995 they weren't sure what to do with the first 15 pages? A few months later, Boam told Variety: "Steve Spielberg wants the pic to shoot here. Only one week will be on location, probably in Honduras. Russia had first been planned."

Yeah in the complete making of Indiana Jones book I remember reading something about "pages 1-95" then a certain date with "pages 96-120" on the cover of one of the drafts or something like that.

Nurhachi1991

Or maybe they diddnt make another Indy movie because it would of been pointless.... Crusade ended perfectly much like Rambo 4

KOTCS was great tho hope Indy 5 comes soon

Nurhachi1991 said:
KOTCS was great tho hope Indy 5 comes soon

I'm hoping they redeem themselves, but as much as a long shot as that is I'm open to the idea of continuing the path laid out in Indy IV and driving Indy V right into the ground.

What the hell let go the restraints and indulge yourself! Make it a comedy with hints of adventure...

Indiana Jones the Wacky Archaeologist

Indy can begin the film trapped inside clown makeup...playing childrens parties.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Indy can begin the film trapped inside clown makeup...playing childrens parties.

Michael, put the mask back on, you're scaring the children again.

Though there is one clown whom Indy could mimic for the next one. Let loose the dogs of war, and give us bad Indy driven mad by marital chains, even if Marion is wearing the trousers:

heath-ledger-joker-01.jpg

Pale Horse said:
Like they did with Batman & Robin 1997??

Oh, the humanity! Save us from that pain!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Look closely at Dent in the above picture. No make-up or CGI. He's not 2-face, just one happy little Aaron Eckhart.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Look closely at Dent in the above picture. No make-up or CGI. He's not 2-face, just one happy little Aaron Eckhart.

Good spot. Maybe a deleted scene, just after a 109-year-old one-eyed man delivered a fully functioning Grail Cup Mk. II.

Nurhachi1991

Woah since Indy was in the 50s did he put the bop in the bop she bop she bop or did he put the lamb in the lama lama ding dong?

Indy1Jones2

Those would have been great and harrison could have pulled it off. He still did action movies in the 90s as jack ryan or when he did the fugitive he was still in perfect shape, and could make him look in his younger 40s. I would love to have seen Spear of destiny or fate of atlantis. Great game by the way.:D

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm hoping they redeem themselves, but as much as a long shot as that is I'm open to the idea of continuing the path laid out in Indy IV and driving Indy V right into the ground.

What the hell let go the restraints and indulge yourself! Make it a comedy with hints of adventure...

Indiana Jones the Wacky Archaeologist

Maybe a Hope and Crosby "Road" film for Indy V...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Maybe a Hope and Crosby "Road" film for Indy V...

Oh wait, Lucas already had a go at that a few years ago...

It was a bit of an uneasy mish-mash. Not quite the expected concoction...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Laurel and Hardy?

Laurel and Hardy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I liked the bit where Ollie sent the iceman away because they'd had a new fridge delivered, only it wasn't a fridge, but a mode of transport. Then Stan went swinging through the trees like Tarzan with a bunch of monkeys. It was okay, it had it's moments, but it wasn't one of their classics.

Montana Smith said:
Laurel and Hardy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I liked the bit where Ollie sent the iceman away because they'd had a new fridge delivered, only it wasn't a fridge, but a mode of transport. Then Stan went swinging through the trees like Tarzan with a bunch of monkeys. It was okay, it had it's moments, but it wasn't one of their classics.
They really had to manufacture the: "Look what you've gotten us into this time" moment!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
They really had to manufacture the: "Look what you've gotten us into this time" moment!

After plunging down the thrid waterfall, and Ollie was wringing out his tie, he delivered the line, "That's another fine mess!" But he said it much better in trailer. I've no idea why they didn't use that version in the movie. :confused:

Montana Smith said:
After plunging down the thrid waterfall, and Ollie was wringing out his tie, he delivered the line, "That's another fine mess!" But he said it much better in trailer. I've no idea why they didn't use that version in the movie. :confused:
I thought I got it wrong...nice pickup!

Here's a teaser:

resized_450x576_LaurelHardyBonnieScotland_01.jpg