Diamond Select 1:1 Idol Prop

Deckard

Looks like Diamond is making an Idol. And unfortunately it looks like total trash but let me explain why.

14141414.jpg

Ok so why trash you ask? Because that isn't any of the idols from the film. Its the Lucas Archives idol. Sounds good right? Wrong. It was the original film idol in the archive but do to years of neglect and not being cleaned/treated, the gold all wore off and one day it was dropped. It broke. They had to piece it back togeather and re-sand and shape it. So it lost the original shape. This mold is from the "fixed" one.

Second its just painted a fairly flat looking gold? You can seriously find idols of this very same quality on ebay on a regular daily basis for around $40. I'm sure Diamond will charge at least twice that. So I guess if your in the minority who is still afraid of ebay this is for you. Otherwise, hopefully some big changes occur b4 this actually comes out.

Some very dissapointing looking Indy products are showing up at CC but when you whore the license out, I guess thats bound to happen.

It's a coin bank for $20 - you can't expect much for that. It's not meant as a prop replica.

Deckard said:
Looks like Diamond is making an Idol. And unfortunately it looks like total trash but let me explain why.

14141414.jpg

Ok so why trash you ask? Because that isn't any of the idols from the film. Its the Lucas Archives idol. Sounds good right? Wrong. It was the original film idol in the archive but do to years of neglect and not being cleaned/treated, the gold all wore off and one day it was dropped. It broke. They had to piece it back togeather and re-sand and shape it. So it lost the original shape. This mold is from the "fixed" one.

Second its just painted a fairly flat looking gold? You can seriously find idols of this very same quality on ebay on a regular daily basis for around $40. I'm sure Diamond will charge at least twice that. So I guess if your in the minority who is still afraid of ebay this is for you. Otherwise, hopefully some big changes occur b4 this actually comes out.

Some very dissapointing looking Indy products are showing up at CC but when you whore the license out, I guess thats bound to happen.

Deckard

If its a coin bank, I take back what i said, but can you confirm this? I thought it was just a 1:1: replica prop.

There isnt a spot for a coin.