new Indy Answer from Hasbro

Billy Ray

Your other suggestions are interesting but we can't do IJ as chase figures in the Star Wars lineup - we have to keep them separate

What kind of BS is this? They released Battlestar Galactica Titanium ships right alongside Star Wars ships, they even shipped in the same box! Battlestar Galactica isn't even a Lucasfilm property!

Deckard

Hasbro is full of ****, sorry.

They can't keep their own website stocked with their own products for even 5 mintues but online sales alone wouldn't be enough?

BULL **** Hasbro. Bull ****.

I can't even look at you right now Hasbro. Just go to your room. And for the love of god fire your abosultely stupid marketing department and give me some non political answers at these weekly staged bs press confrences you scared, money grubbing little kids.

I swear I think Karl Rove and Rumsfeld are running Hasbro now.

YAY WE MIGHT GET THIS LINE BACK IF LUCAS RAPES INDY AGAIN. YAY WERE WILLING TO GIVE UP A GOOD FILM FOR TOYS. YAY WERE ALL WHORES. Whores i tell you.

They showed me Raiders Wave 2 and said, look look how awesome it is. You want it? Yea? You Want it? **** you, you can never have it. Cocktease toy making bastards.

DrJones35

you're not wrong for being mad. In all my 20 years, the one toy i wanted was an Indiana Jones action figure. This year i got one, and a whole lot more and was excited to buy anything from the Trilogy...but there was over saturation of crappy paint jobs and KOTCS figures. Then i see the ray of light that is TLC line and something spectacular.. The TOD figs. but I'll never get my TOD figs because you didn't make enough Hasbro. my favorite IJ movie has the best looking figures with the coolest accessories but I CAN'T FIND THEM!!! Answer me this hasbro, are you still producing the figures or have you stopped to make some droid from Star Wars?

Deckard

DrJones35 said:
you're not wrong for being mad. In all my 20 years, the one toy i wanted was an Indiana Jones action figure. This year i got one, and a whole lot more and was excited to buy anything from the Trilogy...but there was over saturation of crappy paint jobs and KOTCS figures. Then i see the ray of light that is TLC line and something spectacular.. The TOD figs. but I'll never get my TOD figs because you didn't make enough Hasbro. my favorite IJ movie has the best looking figures with the coolest accessories but I CAN'T FIND THEM!!! Answer me this hasbro, are you still producing the figures or have you stopped to make some droid from Star Wars?

lol.

Sorry you can't have Mola Ram, Toht or White Dress Marion because were making R4-D9. Some asswipe droid from the Christmas Special that appeared in a backround shot for 3 secs but ultimately got cut.

Deckard

Btw, couldn't the fake good people at Hasbeen, Hashole, er Hasbro, just do a pre-order online like Sideshow Toy anytime they release any 1/6 scale figure. Then depending on the first few days of pre-orders, detirmine a limited item number for them, to at least get the stuff they already showed us.

I'll happily wait 6 months or more for a pre-ordered Toht, if you assure me he'll come.

Way of the dodo

They keep saying over and over again that kid interest is necessary to keep it going. They also say another movie would bring it back. Why would there suddenly be kid interest in a new movie when there was basically NONE for this one? This is all just ass-covering.

Deckard

Way of the dodo said:
They keep saying over and over again that kid interest is necessary to keep it going. They also say another movie would bring it back. Why would there suddenly be kid interest in a new movie when there was basically NONE for this one? This is all just ass-covering.

Exactly, its like they broke up with us but still want to be friends so we'll give them a ride once in a while.

Nurhachi1991

Damn Hasbro! Damn kids of today I swear they would rather have a spongebob toy or a freaking Star Wars figure

Jesus the Clone wars a piece of crap cartoon film that Lucas only made to get a quick buck gets a whole display at Toys R Us............ It's still there!!

But Indy comes back after 20 years and what does he get a kick in the balls

**** Star Wars and **** Hasbro

Maybe.Not Today

Yet somehow Mattel is cool enough to release one highly detailed he-man action figure a month on their new collector website. He-man. I Somehow doubt He-man has more market buzz right now than Indy

...hmm...rewarding loyal fans of their product, aka selling to a built in consumer base? The folks at mattel must be crazy.:rolleyes:

monkey man

"Deckard" said it all for me. My post wouldn't have been as nice as his. I can barely reply without using all curse words. He cleaned it up. I can't. My post would be pure psycho babble.

FETT1

Maybe.Not Today said:
Yet somehow Mattel is cool enough to release one highly detailed he-man action figure a month on their new collector website. He-man. I Somehow doubt He-man has more market buzz right now than Indy

...hmm...rewarding loyal fans of their product, aka selling to a built in consumer base? The folks at mattel must be crazy.:rolleyes:

...BUT their(MATTEL) website still sucks...

vf wing

It really seems like Hasbro and Lucasfilm could set up some kind of licensing agreement to do something similar. One figure a month would be a terrific nod to the supporters of this line. All online, no retailer or volume hassles. It truly seems like the perfect route for a line that "lacks buzz", despite being probably the hottest selling DVD of the moment and second highest grossing film of the year thus far. The constant out-of-stock on the TOD wave certainly seems to demonstrate that the demand is there for the figures. All the Hasbro hate I'm seeing right now certainly seems justified.

Indy's Fist

Maybe if Hasbro put the figures out there more people would buy them! I loyaly bought all the figures as they came out. Now I have to go on my own Indy Jones adventure to find three figures from the 5 new LC collection!

ChromiumBlue37

New Q & A from Toy News International @

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13574

Indiana Jones Q&A With Hasbro Round #8
by Jay Cochran in Indiana Jones at 11:29 AM on 2008.10.18
ShareThis » Search Ebay

The folks who work on the new Indiana Jones toy line at Hasbro have agreed to do a regular Q&A session with us here at TNI regarding their new toy line hitting shelves now.

TNI: There are rumors the Toht wave of figures has been canceled. Is this true?

Hasbro: This is true - the second Raiders line will not be coming to retail in 2009 as previously planned.

TNI: As a follow-up to the first questions, many readers fear that this line is basically dead in the water and about to be canceled. Is this true or is there something you can tell them that will help put their fears to rest?

Hasbro: Without a movie or entertainment backdrop to maintain kids' interest in the line, it's just not possible to maintain momentum in the intensely competitive boys' action aisle. We are extremely passionate fans of the IJ line ourselves and anticipate that the line will return if and when there is another IJ movie. Until then, the decision to rest the brand will position it for the best possible return.

TNI: Why is it these days (and probably since Star Wars first hit the shelves back in the late 70's), an action figure line has to have something like a movie or TV show pushing it to survive? Why isn't it possible to create a cool action figure line (not nessecairly Raiders but any line), promote it with other ways (like advertisements on TV, web and magazines), and have it survive? There are many toy lines that fall outside of action figures (like girls dolls and video games) that seem to survive without a movie or TV show pushing them, but we always hear with action figures that if there is no show or movie, the line can't survive. I'm just curious where this line of thinking in the toy industry comes from and do you think that it's a possible reason why boys' action figures have become somewhat limited as far as sales in the overall toy industry as compared with video games, girls toys, etc etc? (This question really pertains more to the selling of action figures to parents and their kids not adult collectors.)

Hasbro: Toys are grouped together at retail by consumer-insight driven play patterns (as you mention), but the retail performance expectations for each category are very different regarding top line sales, margin delivery and the like. It is entirely possible that a toy line one aisle over delivers a fraction of the sales but meets retailer satisfaction in other areas, and this is measured against different standards. In an aisle dominated by entertainment, as the boys aisle is and has been for 30+ years, expectations are very high and the competition intense. It is very difficult for non-entertainment-backed brands to succeed, and even GI Joe (the only standout in the last 15 years to have succeeded continuously without persistent entertainment) has a major movie coming down the pike. Entertainment is not only the cost of entry to the boys' aisle, it is necessary to keep kids engaged and coming back to provide a healthy core of support for any line.

bgiles73

Billy Ray said:
What kind of BS is this? They released Battlestar Galactica Titanium ships right alongside Star Wars ships, they even shipped in the same box! Battlestar Galactica isn't even a Lucasfilm property!

What's even crazier is George Lucas at one point had a lawsuit against the producers of the original Battlestar Galactica for copyright infringement. My how times change!

bgiles73

Deckard said:
Hasbro is full of ****, sorry.

They can't keep their own website stocked with their own products for even 5 mintues but online sales alone wouldn't be enough?

BULL **** Hasbro. Bull ****.

I can't even look at you right now Hasbro. Just go to your room. And for the love of god fire your abosultely stupid marketing department and give me some non political answers at these weekly staged bs press confrences you scared, money grubbing little kids.

I swear I think Karl Rove and Rumsfeld are running Hasbro now.

YAY WE MIGHT GET THIS LINE BACK IF LUCAS RAPES INDY AGAIN. YAY WERE WILLING TO GIVE UP A GOOD FILM FOR TOYS. YAY WERE ALL WHORES. Whores i tell you.

They showed me Raiders Wave 2 and said, look look how awesome it is. You want it? Yea? You Want it? **** you, you can never have it. Cocktease toy making bastards.

I couldn't agree more. I hope Hasbro reads these boards. Somehow I doubt the clueless bas!@#$ do though. I have never felt more screwed over by a company before. I can't believe I wasted money on that garbage they put out in May! I will find it very difficult to buy anything from Hasbro in the future. You know it's not just us Indy fans getting screwed. I collect the Battlestar Galactica Titaniums and just as we are about to get a Cylon Basestar that I have been waiting for since the line began. Guess what? Oh we won't be getting that. Jabba's sailbarge.The Death Star. Wait, if I go shell out $150 for the Millenium Falcon and another $100 for the AT-TE maybe then. No those aren't iconic enough. BS! You can't get a repaint out of those! It's only one shot at getting our money with those two!:mad:

Indy's Fist

bgiles73 said:
I couldn't agree more. I hope Hasbro reads these boards. Somehow I doubt the clueless bas!@#$ do though. I have never felt more screwed over by a company before. I can't believe I wasted money on that garbage they put out in May! I will find it very difficult to buy anything from Hasbro in the future. You know it's not just us Indy fans getting screwed. I collect the Battlestar Galactica Titaniums and just as we are about to get a Cylon Basestar that I have been waiting for since the line began. Guess what? Oh we won't be getting that. Jabba's sailbarge.The Death Star. Wait, if I go shell out $150 for the Millenium Falcon and another $100 for the AT-TE maybe then. No those aren't iconic enough. BS! You can't get a repaint out of those! It's only one shot at getting our money with those two!:mad:
They've made billions on SW they can stand to take a slight loss on IJ toys, of course better marketing would have helped them too!

Billy Ray

bgiles73 said:

Pretty sure they said in a recent Q&A that we would still be getting the Basestar (classic version).

metalinvader

From http://hanshideout.blogspot.com/

3. Things are looking pretty bleak for Dr. Jones as all signs unfortunately seem to point to the end of his toy line. How about this - If retail is drying up and on-lines sales alone won?t support the line, how about putting that nifty 2009 Raiders wave into an SDCC?09 Exclusive Box Set to reward those of us who loved the line? We get the figures we want, you get HUGE amounts of warm fuzzies from us Indy collectors. SDCC seems like the perfect outlet/market for this type set? yes, no, maybe? Please?

** Interesting idea, but it's not in the works for Comic Con next year.

Well,At least they find the idea 'interesting'.:rolleyes:

Gobi-1

A question I would like to see Hasbro answer is this:

If Indiana Jones 5 becomes a reality and it has a release date of May, as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull did, would you consider relaunching the toyline in January ahead of the film's debut?

Starting with the canceled Raiders of the Lost Ark Wave 2 and releasing several more waves in anticipation to the new film's release. This would very much be in the same vein as releasing Star Wars preview figures several months before each of the prequels.

I feel one of the major problems with the Indy toyline was that you were releasing toys after the fact. The Indy toyline should have started several years ago and had time to grow and build on the anticipation of the new film.

You've called Indiana Jones a movie-year-only toyline, well take advantage of the entire year not just May through December.