TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 05-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #51
Katarn07
IndyFan

My Wal-Mart's still don't have them out and refuse to sell them to me because of this dumb May 5th crap. Here's what really gets to me: The first people said that the stock girl would be back later and probably have it out. I came back that night, and the stock girl on duty said that she was going to do it right then and there and they'd be there tomorrow. I got there at 7:00 am. Were they there? No.

Hey, tnswman, you'd be proud of me. I had to speak to the managers, and after getting an hour of sleep, I wasn't the nicest of customers. But did it get me anywhere? No. They called other Wal-Marts in the area and they claim they said the same thing. I'm pissed now. I'll check out TRU later and maybe Sears/K-Mart but I wanted to be there when they were first put out so I didn't miss anything....
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #52
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
My Wal-Mart's still don't have them out and refuse to sell them to me because of this dumb May 5th crap. Here's what really gets to me: The first people said that the stock girl would be back later and probably have it out. I came back that night, and the stock girl on duty said that she was going to do it right then and there and they'd be there tomorrow. I got there at 7:00 am. Were they there? No.

Hey, tnswman, you'd be proud of me. I had to speak to the managers, and after getting an hour of sleep, I wasn't the nicest of customers. But did it get me anywhere? No. They called other Wal-Marts in the area and they claim they said the same thing. I'm pissed now. I'll check out TRU later and maybe Sears/K-Mart but I wanted to be there when they were first put out so I didn't miss anything....

Hey, I like Proving that I am right.. I would tell the MANAGER on duty to bring out a case of figures and If if say's may 5th on it, you will walk away with an apology..If it say's May 1st, Either they will sell it, or you will call the District Manager and tell them how you were LIED to.

I am all about retail stores getting back to treating the customer like King....When you find these at TRU..Wal-Mart just lost your business..It's STUPID of them.

I wish I could help you man...would I embarrass you while we were there? HECK YEA..But you would get the figures
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #53
FETT1
IndyFan

Thumbs up ..TRY BEING A TOY COLLECTOR IN CANADA..ugh!!..

read over at SNOWTROOPERS.CA...a cashier thought the paint sculpt on INDY looked like DON KNOTTS....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DON KNOTTS....NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!

OK,being somewhat of a follower of TOY COMPANIES ,I must agree with many here that the distribution of this product is very very poor...
So where does this stem from,Well after contacting HASBRO(HASBUTT)CANADA,I was told that all major retailer's will be carrying the INDY lines(like we haven't heard this before--hense :STAR WARS,JOE,etc)...but it really intrigues me that most hot toy lines have a early or on date release ...this line seems to be a mystery even @ store level..
And as written here in previous posts ,many of you are finding item's priced differently.
I found that 2 TRU had different pricing on their DLX FIGS!...Of course I took advantage of the 9,99 versus the 16.99 price sticker!
Yes,what the h#ll happened to the the paint ops in this line...Maybe HASBRO out sourced to a different vendor in CHINA to keep costs down???I agree...I did buy most ...but the paint ops are very bad..and being artsy fartsy I'm a stickler to detail!
I have not seen any NEW KOTCS figures or a 12"GERMAN SOLDIER(maybe a second wave release)...Are there any GERMAN 12" SOLDIER'S outt there PLEASE POST..THXS. Once again ,the positives are the packaging ...especially the VEHICLE asst.AWESOME work here!...PLUS the ADVENTURE HEROES are cool...but anything like this always is!...
The role play whip is way over priced...
Lastly,as stated in LEE'S TOY REVIEW ...this line will be targeted @ collector's more than kids...try telling this to my 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!...

Sorry for the long write ...ahhhh that felt good!...
next ...

FETT1...OUTT!!!

I think I figured outt why INDY has this paint op on his face ...it kinda look's like what HARRISON FORD will be doing once he receive's his royality cheque from HASBUTT!...haeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaeee...
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #54
drwynn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
LOL! you also forget that Stores are already selling out NOW and Target is missing out on MAJOR sales.....The Post Movie re-stocks will be massive and Target will have EVEN more items to clog the shelves.

It is not good business to allow ALL of your competition to be selling items that you have in stock too....reason will tell you that the CUSTOMERS will go to where the stock is..Most will try their Favorite store 1st but will end up going WHEREVER and paying a higher price if need be. When K-Marts are selling out and Targets are refusing to stock the SAME product that K-mart just sold out of....That's a Bad problem. The last time Target did this with Star Wars, It backfired and the Majority of their stock went to clearance while Wal-Mart and TRU kept fresh stock coming.

Uhh...please bear in mind that I was not attempting to defend Target or their unwillingness to stock the shelvs with Indy merchandise. I was only trying to come up with sort of reasonable theory as to WHY they're not stocking the merch.

Obviously, my first theory was full of holes...but, then again, so is Target's decision not to tock the shelved with Indy merch.
drwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #55
snake_surprise
IndyFan

Got back from three Walmarts.

The two super Walmarts had nothing. The old Walmart had a little display in the middle of the aisles. Nothing really good was left.

I guess the May 5th theory is correct with the newer/super Walmarts.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #56
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
Got back from three Walmarts.

The two super Walmarts had nothing. The old Walmart had a little display in the middle of the aisles. Nothing really good was left.

I guess the May 5th theory is correct with the newer/super Walmarts.

I got all mine at a Super Wal Mart and there was no mention about the May 5th date. If your Wal Mart is open 24 hours you might want to stop back after 9 at night. That's when they start to bring stock out onto the floor to do the overnight restocking and you normally can talk to someone who specifically deals with the toys.

My theory is that each store is just putting them out when they get to it or remember to. As far as I know their only stipulation is that they can't sell it before the 1st and that it doesn't matter when they put it out after that. I'm not sure Hasbro is enforcing the stores to put out the items as much as they were them just not putting it out early. If you have a crappy Wal Mart who doesn't know what's going on they could just be putting out the stock as they find it in the back. They might be re-doing the toy section on May 5th but I agree with TNSWMAN; if they have the product and it's after May 1st they should be willing to get it out for you to sell.

Customer service has really taken a dump in the last 10 years. I remember working in retail and the customer was ALWAYS right. With the way the economy is and the stimulus checks meant to encourage spending you would think these stores would want to generate sales by putting this stuff out. If you buy 1 of all the basic figures, Adventure Heroes, Deluxe figures, and each vehicle your looking at over 300 bucks. I cannot see how a store would not want to get these sales by holding merchandise in the back after the date listed on the box, espcially when a customer comes in asking for it.
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #57
snake_surprise
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
I got all mine at a Super Wal Mart and there was no mention about the May 5th date.

All good points.

I bet some of these super Walmarts like mine are similar to others around the country in that there are tons and tons of items in the back room, and since they sell everything under the sun and the money pours in by the second, they are not in a rush to put these things out. People will buy their stuff when they get around to putting it out. Some have gotten around to putting these out, some have not. Not a big deal to them, obviously...probably the same issue with the latest garden hose, hamster chips, etc...

The smaller/trashier Walmart is probably more eager in their plight to get stuff on the shelves instead of just sitting in storage in the back, because of profit margin, etc.

Still, it is strange that some stores with the same name have them, others do not. Usually these big chains purposefully and blatantly put stuff out simultaneously not matter what the product so each of their stores are almost identical in terms of product on shelves, layout, end caps, etc...especially to coincide with Sunday inserts in the paper.

Anyway, I digress...
Old 05-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #58
bonoferox
IndyFan

Yeah for some reason the WalMarts and Targets I've seen them at were in the ghetto where the nicer ones have nothing out and who knows when they will...
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #59
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwynn
Uhh...please bear in mind that I was not attempting to defend Target or their unwillingness to stock the shelvs with Indy merchandise. I was only trying to come up with sort of reasonable theory as to WHY they're not stocking the merch.

Obviously, my first theory was full of holes...but, then again, so is Target's decision not to tock the shelved with Indy merch.

Well, I TOTALLY get why people defend their favorite stores...I just do not like target's Anti Customer Service....I mean, I was lied to point blank to my face by a manager.

the other stores (Including K-Mart) have had EVERYTHING I was looking for. So, I decided I do not need them....But I get why others do.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #60
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
I got all mine at a Super Wal Mart and there was no mention about the May 5th date. If your Wal Mart is open 24 hours you might want to stop back after 9 at night. That's when they start to bring stock out onto the floor to do the overnight restocking and you normally can talk to someone who specifically deals with the toys.

My theory is that each store is just putting them out when they get to it or remember to. As far as I know their only stipulation is that they can't sell it before the 1st and that it doesn't matter when they put it out after that. I'm not sure Hasbro is enforcing the stores to put out the items as much as they were them just not putting it out early. If you have a crappy Wal Mart who doesn't know what's going on they could just be putting out the stock as they find it in the back. They might be re-doing the toy section on May 5th but I agree with TNSWMAN; if they have the product and it's after May 1st they should be willing to get it out for you to sell.

Customer service has really taken a dump in the last 10 years. I remember working in retail and the customer was ALWAYS right. With the way the economy is and the stimulus checks meant to encourage spending you would think these stores would want to generate sales by putting this stuff out. If you buy 1 of all the basic figures, Adventure Heroes, Deluxe figures, and each vehicle your looking at over 300 bucks. I cannot see how a store would not want to get these sales by holding merchandise in the back after the date listed on the box, espcially when a customer comes in asking for it.

Exactly....In the situation of a product like this where EVERY retailer is getting the same product, They need to FIGHT for our money....Now, I NEVER get upset with Hourly employees..I just ask to see a manager...Maybe It ALWAYS works because I make sure I know what I'm talking about....I would not try to get the figures early from a manager though.. Leave that to the Stock people and pad their pockets if you must LOL!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #61
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
All good points.

I bet some of these super Walmarts like mine are similar to others around the country in that there are tons and tons of items in the back room, and since they sell everything under the sun and the money pours in by the second, they are not in a rush to put these things out. People will buy their stuff when they get around to putting it out. Some have gotten around to putting these out, some have not. Not a big deal to them, obviously...probably the same issue with the latest garden hose, hamster chips, etc...

The smaller/trashier Walmart is probably more eager in their plight to get stuff on the shelves instead of just sitting in storage in the back, because of profit margin, etc.

Still, it is strange that some stores with the same name have them, others do not. Usually these big chains purposefully and blatantly put stuff out simultaneously not matter what the product so each of their stores are almost identical in terms of product on shelves, layout, end caps, etc...especially to coincide with Sunday inserts in the paper.

Anyway, I digress...

My wal-Mart is for some odd reason the 2nd largest in America .... we are a VERY normal town with no trashy areas really...and they were all over helping me out. The other NEWER wal-Marts were the same way. Now, I went in with a plan that would give me leverage...such as Telling them That I KNOW the items are there and that I was TOLD they would be released at midnight....The one Manager that helped me at the 2nd WM said that he would look and if it said May 1st, he would let me go through the boxes.. Well Soon he came out with a HUGE cart filled with over 30 cases of Indy toys.

That's how I got my Spalko and Ugha Warrior.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #62
drwynn
IndyFan

tnswman -

Our nearby Target must be listening to customer complaints...

My girl just called me while she was there shopping to report; "Hey, Target has a TON of 'Indy' figures out now! Need me to get anything for you?"

So...I'm having her pick up a couple of extras...

But...downside; Target's pricepoint per figure is $7.49! Ouch! Maybe only a couple from there...and the rest from Wal-Mart and TRU!!

Last edited by drwynn : 05-02-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #63
bonoferox
IndyFan

Your girl is awesome and you must never let her go...
Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #64
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwynn
tnswman -

Our nearby Target must be listening to customer complaints...

My girl just called me while she was there shopping to report; "Hey, Target has a TON of 'Indy' figures out now! Need me to get anything for you?"

So...I'm having her pick up a couple of extras...

But...downside; Target's pricepoint per figure is $7.49! Ouch! Maybe only a couple from there...and the rest from Wal-Mart and TRU!!

At wal-mart there price was $7.77, for a figure and $11.45 for a deluxe one.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #65
bonoferox
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raiders

Unusual price for a Wal-Mart....
Old 05-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #66
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Unusual price for a Wal-Mart....

What was your price, I heard items up here in Alaska, are more expensive due to having to ship them up here or something.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #67
bonoferox
IndyFan

6.84 is the norm I'm seeing

Target have had a price increase on nearly all action figures recently.

GIJoes used to be 5.99 and went up to 6.49 each. SW went up as well.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #68
snake_surprise
IndyFan

Quote:
Not for mine.

Basics were 6.99 and Deluxe ones were 9.95.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #69
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Huh, that's weird, SW figures are 7 dollars too, like I said I think it's my location.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #70
drwynn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Your girl is awesome and you must never let her go...

Oh...trust me, I'm well aware of how friggin' incredible she is! I've known this for 9 years now!...

Thanks for the compliment about her...
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #71
GeorgeL
IndyFan

Try gas prices. EVERYTHING will be going up. Semi's/Rigs/Tractor Trailers get about 6 miles per gallon. At $5.00 a gallon in the northeast you can bet your behind all retail will be affected. Just for example: limes used to be 3 for $1 at the grocery store. Now they are $.79 each.

Get rid of these "save the wildlife" jerks in alaska and start drilling. The only way gas is going down is if we start producing it in the states.
GeorgeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #72
drwynn
IndyFan

Not to get too off-topic here but...the "save the wildlife" people may have a different opinion than you...but, come on, calling them "jerks" hardly seems fair.

Not trying to start a fight... Just saying, they may have a different viewpoint than you...but, they're standing up for what they believe in and at least, by "normal" standards, they're supporting something "good".

At least they're not out there saying something like "Kill the elderly!" Then, you could cal them "jerks"...and rightfully so, I think.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #73
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:

My wal-mart has Basic figures for $6.94
Old 05-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #74
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Ha, I wish they were that cheap here and about the wildlife alaska thing, there's no wildlife where I live, I'm in the middle of a big city, and I don't know any wildlife people
Old 05-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #75
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Try gas prices. EVERYTHING will be going up. Semi's/Rigs/Tractor Trailers get about 6 miles per gallon. At $5.00 a gallon in the northeast you can bet your behind all retail will be affected. Just for example: limes used to be 3 for $1 at the grocery store. Now they are $.79 each.

Get rid of these "save the wildlife" jerks in alaska and start drilling. The only way gas is going down is if we start producing it in the states.

AMEN BROTHER!! they Drill in EVERY state in the USA that has known Oil.. so what is so special about 2000 Acres in Alaska? Other than keeping the d@mn Arabs happy, NOTHING!!

The lack of common sense by these Economist goons is staggering!!

2000 acres worth of drills in the 2nd largest State in America will gain us HUNDREDS of years of oil....WOW!! why would we EVER think of doing that?