TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #101
BlackSleep
IndyFan
 
BlackSleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLogan
At first glance it definitely looks like a pouch or cargo pocket. I think Bat-Dude is right however. Look at the "top flap" of the pouch, that is the hole itself with flesh painted leg beneath. The pocket part of the pouch is the ripped pants pulled away from the hole.

yeah i see it now...definitely a tear in the pants.
BlackSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #102
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
Yeah, about the Sankara stones.
If anyone from Hasbro sees this forum, READ THIS!
The Afrika Korps Nazi Soldiers suck!
They look like my uncles, not despicable guys that I would willingly run over with a truck.
The Commies can look innocent, I don't care. Communism isn't quite as bad as Nazism. Hell, worshipping Kali and killing one guy every once in a while isn't as bad as Nazism, the belief that almost eradicated a population that many consider to be God's chosen people.
So, why do the Thuggees look evil, but the Nazis look like guys I'd like to go have a beer with, figuratively speaking.
Second, the Nazis do include a Sankara stone. That's good. But, it's HUGE and it looks like a dirty eraser! I skipped buying the Nazis because they look like sh!t and because the relic sucks. I wholeheartedly expected that the ToD figures would have at least one Sankara stone to scale included. Is that crazy? Hmmm, let's see...THE STONES ARE THE BASIS OF THE MOVIE!!!
Now, please, just appease me and every other Indy fan and include, as an accessory, a Sankara Stone. It wouldn't be hard by any stretch of the imagination; just include a Stone like you included the false grail, Kali chalice, Holy Grail, and Cross of Coronado.
Please.
Please.
I'm beggin' here.
Please.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #103
QBComics
IndyFan
 
QBComics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,200
AWESOME Figs! I will be BROKE by the end of all this
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #104
HovitosKing
IndyFan
 
HovitosKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKill4Food
Yeah, about the Sankara stones.
If anyone from Hasbro sees this forum, READ THIS!
The Afrika Korps Nazi Soldiers suck!
They look like my uncles, not despicable guys that I would willingly run over with a truck.
The Commies can look innocent, I don't care. Communism isn't quite as bad as Nazism. Hell, worshipping Kali and killing one guy every once in a while isn't as bad as Nazism, the belief that almost eradicated a population that many consider to be God's chosen people.
So, why do the Thuggees look evil, but the Nazis look like guys I'd like to go have a beer with, figuratively speaking.
Second, the Nazis do include a Sankara stone. That's good. But, it's HUGE and it looks like a dirty eraser! I skipped buying the Nazis because they look like sh!t and because the relic sucks. I wholeheartedly expected that the ToD figures would have at least one Sankara stone to scale included. Is that crazy? Hmmm, let's see...THE STONES ARE THE BASIS OF THE MOVIE!!!
Now, please, just appease me and every other Indy fan and include, as an accessory, a Sankara Stone. It wouldn't be hard by any stretch of the imagination; just include a Stone like you included the false grail, Kali chalice, Holy Grail, and Cross of Coronado.
Please.
Please.
I'm beggin' here.
Please.


Hasbro is probably afraid you'll mistakenly ingest the scale Sankara stone as part of your daily Ritalin dosage.
HovitosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #105
Billy Ray
IndyFan
 
Billy Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLogan
At first glance it definitely looks like a pouch or cargo pocket. I think Bat-Dude is right however. Look at the "top flap" of the pouch, that is the hole itself with flesh painted leg beneath. The pocket part of the pouch is the ripped pants pulled away from the hole.

Ah, I see it now, thanks! It is ripped and "flagged" to the side. I think the watermark in the image was what was throwing everyone off.
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #106
Snakes
IndyFan
 
Snakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 445
The relic that comes with Willie looks like the Philosopher's Stone from "Iron Phoenix." All of the TOD figures look great to me. Some could use a little working on, which I'm sure they'll get.
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #107
NYCGoldenIdol
IndyFan
 
NYCGoldenIdol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 193
I think the head of the new ToD Indy figure isn't that bad but the rest of the figure is perfect. Has the exact details of Indy from ToD.
NYCGoldenIdol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #108
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Eeeeek that figure looks horrible! Thank God it is just a prototype.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 AM   #109
The_Raiders
IndyFan
 
The_Raiders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long View Texas
Posts: 2,099
that's only a prototype and it's already my favorite figure!!!!!!!! I love it, I think it looks awesome!
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #110
Bat-Dude
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveFork
If you could e-mail it to me, I'll upload it to my site and post it here.

ironheart@earthlink.net

Sorry, I'm checking this board from work and left shortly after that last post. Special thanks to the 'Kevin' person

I'm guessing the Sankara Stones aren't included for the same reason that Map Room Indy doesn't come with the Staff of Ra: so that we'll have a reason to give Hasbro more money for simple remakes / repaints

Unless, of course, they prove me wrong by making some sort of ToD delux figure that comes with them...hint, hint...
Bat-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #111
deckard24
IndyFan
 
deckard24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiter91
LOL!!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #112
DetectiveFork
IndyFan
 
DetectiveFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 230
Oh, man, this sucks! BigBadToystore .com couldn't have had the pre-order for the Temple of Doom set of figures online for more than a day and it's already sold out! I have a feeling this wave is going to be hard to find...
DetectiveFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #113
DetectiveFork
IndyFan
 
DetectiveFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 230
BTW, I think I see what the problem is, why the pre-order sold out so fast and why the price was higher than sets of figures from previous waves. According to the case break-down, all of the new ToD figures are ONE PER CASE, even the new Indy. The rest of the case if made up of multiples of figures that are still sitting on pegs, such as Raiders Indy, Indy w/ RPG and Mutt Williams. These figures are gonna be a ***** to find. Good going, Hasbro. Flood the shelves with old figures that aren't selling now and make it hard for fans to get the new figures. Scalpers are gonna have a field day with this.

This Wave 4 case features 12 individually packaged 3 3/4-inch Action Figures from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (subject to change):
2x Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones
1x Mutt Williams (jacket) with sword
2x Indiana Jones with coiled whip, pistol, RPG, in shirt
1x Indiana Jones with sub-machine gun
1x Indiana Jones
1x Temple Thug
1x Short Round
1x Willie Scott
1x Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram

Last edited by DetectiveFork : 06-27-2008 at 10:42 PM.
DetectiveFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:22 AM   #114
Leiter91
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Olympia (It's the water)
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveFork
BTW, I think I see what the problem is, why the pre-order sold out so fast and why the price was higher than sets of figures from previous waves. According to the case break-down, all of the new ToD figures are ONE PER CASE, even the new Indy. The rest of the case if made up of multiples of figures that are still sitting on pegs, such as Raiders Indy, Indy w/ RPG and Mutt Williams. These figures are gonna be a ***** to find. Good going, Hasbro. Flood the shelves with old figures that aren't selling now and make it hard for fans to get the new figures. Scalpers are gonna have a field day with this.

This Wave 4 case features 12 individually packaged 3 3/4-inch Action Figures from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (subject to change):
2x Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones
1x Mutt Williams (jacket) with sword
2x Indiana Jones with coiled whip, pistol, RPG, in shirt
1x Indiana Jones with sub-machine gun
1x Indiana Jones
1x Temple Thug
1x Short Round
1x Willie Scott
1x Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram
Well if the figures continue into next year, hopefully all of the *dang* mutts, and RPG indy's will have run dry so we can start getting more TOD figures with whatever wave comes next...probably Alternate Raiders figures I'd imagine
Leiter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #115
DetectiveFork
IndyFan
 
DetectiveFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 230
I hope you're right, Leiter.
DetectiveFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #116
blueseattle
IndyFan
 
blueseattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 255
This is the best wave by far. Indy could use some muscle, but otherwise.. wow. I can't wait to grab them all.
blueseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #117
WillKill4Food
IndyFan
 
WillKill4Food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City, the Big Apple
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by HovitosKing
Hasbro is probably afraid you'll mistakenly ingest the scale Sankara stone as part of your daily Ritalin dosage.
Hahahahaha...wait!

Anyway, I just hope that the Stones are accessories and just aren't in these pictures. Henry comes with a Luger, but it's not shown in his pre-production picture. Hopefully, we'll get stones.

Then, I won't need my Ritalin.
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #118
Marion Fan
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 68
I like how all the figures turned out myself. Willie looks much better than I thought she would. I am pretty excited about this wave. Mola Ram, Thugee, Guard, Bridge Indy, Willie, and Short Round. That's a good wave right there.
Marion Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #119
vf wing
IndyFan
 
vf wing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 471
While it would definitely be preferable to see the a greater percentage of the new case assortments allotted to the new wave, it also makes sense to make sure assorted versions of the title character stay on the shelves. Might as well carry Mutt forward too, since he's next in line!
vf wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 AM   #120
PloKoon
IndyFan
 
PloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My Indy MMO
Posts: 117
Ouch, that's pretty expensive. They sure look great though!

PloKoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #121
Agent Spalko
Guest
 
Agent Spalko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,629
Indyshop has the TOD case up for pre-order for $83.99

Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #122
UP-landIndy
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7
Another Pic of the TOD figures

I found this picture which include a "bridge" version of Indy. It's small...but, he's there.





I hope this helps!
UP-landIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #123
UP-landIndy
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7
TOD Indy in July???

Hey folks--I was just checkin' out the IndyShop link that AgentSpalko gave...and if you read the description of Wave 3 Round 1 which ships in July (we can only hope) it list "1 x Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom)" as being included in the case. I looked around and the rest of the listings for the other cases, and waves seem to all be labeled correctly. Do you think maybe they are giving us a treat/preview of things to come in September?

There is no picture of TOD-Indy, but...the picture doesn't show the full case, anyway.

http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog...sku=IJHBCPW3R1

UP-landIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #124
michael
IndyFan
 
michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Posts: 1,141
It would be nice to see a Chattar Lal figure.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #125
Billy Ray
IndyFan
 
Billy Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Hey folks--I was just checkin' out the IndyShop link that AgentSpalko gave...and if you read the description of Wave 3 Round 1 which ships in July (we can only hope) it list "1 x Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom)" as being included in the case. I looked around and the rest of the listings for the other cases, and waves seem to all be labeled correctly. Do you think maybe they are giving us a treat/preview of things to come in September?

There is no picture of TOD-Indy, but...the picture doesn't show the full case, anyway.

http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog...sku=IJHBCPW3R1

That is the wave that has been showing up for the past couple of weeks and the "Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom" figure listed is the Raiders Indy with idol. They have been mis-labeling him in the case descriptions for a while now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UP-landIndy
I found this picture which include a "bridge" version of Indy. It's small...but, he's there.

I hope this helps!

Here is the hi-res image, in case you missed it:


Last edited by Billy Ray : 07-01-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.