Originally Posted by JackBurton

thank you very much
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #52
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyt
I know Hasbro is different from LEGO. I actually have been buying some legos recently. Are they selling well? Are they expected to continue? I have actually seen the lego tank from LC for next year. I hope these come out. Any help?

Lego is actually doing very well for Indiana Jones. One big reason for this is that they weren't as "Kingdom" heavy as the action figure line was. You had a lot more attention to the classic line (particularly Raiders) than the action figures required.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #53
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalkomania
Hasbro have been in this business for a long time. I find it hard to believe that they can't think of some way to get these 5 figures out some way or another.

If it was just Hasbro, I imagine that they would - at least cull it down to how the GI Joe line is doing as primarily a 'collector's' line. But, unfortunately, they have that pesky Lucas license to deal with, which costs a metric-ton of cash, which makes a 'collector's only' action figure line pretty much impossible right now.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #54
indyt
IndyFan

Forgive me if this in is a past forum. But is the "Peril in Peru" set out, or was in an exclusive somewhere? Thanks lego fans!
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #55
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyt
Forgive me if this in is a past forum. But is the "Peril in Peru" set out, or was in an exclusive somewhere? Thanks lego fans!

It's been out, and was a Toys R Us exclusive.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #56
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
If it was just Hasbro, I imagine that they would - at least cull it down to how the GI Joe line is doing as primarily a 'collector's' line. But, unfortunately, they have that pesky Lucas license to deal with, which costs a metric-ton of cash, which makes a 'collector's only' action figure line pretty much impossible right now.

Exactly! This is the #1 thing that is hurting this line. You can tell that Hasbro has stopped trying already as they are not shipping elsa, Grail Knight, and Vogel now They are loading up the 3 Jones boys and all of their variants and what troop builders are out there that relate to the playset and vehicles.

I hate to think of how people will react when the TOD wave is hardly found.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #57
UIMJ
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumBlue37
I am not talking about a defunct toy company or cantina tables here. Nor am I referencing "leaked" insider information and preliinary, unreleased pictures that were smuggled out of Hasbro's offices. I am talking about a wave of action figures that they know collectors want and presented to retailers and collectors both at Comic Con San Diego 2 months ago.

Hasbro knows exactly how enthusiastic the fan base is for this line.

Just as a point of conversation, Toy Biz showed images of an Iron Man box set as well as a Crimson Dynamo figure as part of their solicits a couple years before Hasbro bought them out. Those figures were pulled from the lines though after prototypes were made because Toy Biz decided they didn't want those figs in that wave. This also happened in the 90's with Wave 5 of the Iron Man Animated line (and now those protos are worth thousands).

I'm only making the point that it's possible that just because a line has been solicited and prototypes have been made, doesn't mean that they'll make it to retail. Of course, I hope this line survives......
UIMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #58
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UIMJ
Just as a point of conversation, Toy Biz showed images of an Iron Man box set as well as a Crimson Dynamo figure as part of their solicits a couple years before Hasbro bought them out. Those figures were pulled from the lines though after prototypes were made because Toy Biz decided they didn't want those figs in that wave. This also happened in the 90's with Wave 5 of the Iron Man Animated line (and now those protos are worth thousands).

I'm only making the point that it's possible that just because a line has been solicited and prototypes have been made, doesn't mean that they'll make it to retail. Of course, I hope this line survives......

It actually happens a LOT at hasbro..The Marvel Legends Wal-Mart wave and further waves were scrapped about 1 month prior to the "shelf date" It was a very big wave and it hurt the Marvel Legends line...Then we had Gi Joe, The many lost Star Wars figures. It just happens. They HAD to announce something at SDCC as the new was not 100% sure then and even though it was unofficially dead, SDCC was NOT the place to come out and say "NO MORE INDY" They had to get out of that live crowd alive and they did what they had to do.

NEVER trust street dates and figure line-ups. Heck, some people couldn't find the Indy figures for a week after the street release.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #59
KOTCS
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
It actually happens a LOT at hasbro..The Marvel Legends Wal-Mart wave and further waves were scrapped about 1 month prior to the "shelf date" It was a very big wave and it hurt the Marvel Legends line...Then we had Gi Joe, The many lost Star Wars figures. It just happens. They HAD to announce something at SDCC as the new was not 100% sure then and even though it was unofficially dead, SDCC was NOT the place to come out and say "NO MORE INDY" They had to get out of that live crowd alive and they did what they had to do.

NEVER trust street dates and figure line-ups. Heck, some people couldn't find the Indy figures for a week after the street release.

I was at that panel at SDCC waiting for the new Indy figs to be shown. They threw that one slide in at the very end of the panel and ran out of there. I guess the writing was on the wall . . . Anyway, I'm glad I preordered the TOD wave a long time ago and I am at least happy with the figures that we got. I would have liked to have owned that Well of Souls Marion. She looks cool.
KOTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #60
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Well, I am still looking forward to that Fourth Wave until Hasbro says otherwise. I will continue to collect Indy toys as long as they are hanging on the pegs.

Last edited by ChromiumBlue37 : 09-17-2008 at 11:05 AM.
ChromiumBlue37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #61
snake_surprise
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom train
The pictures of the 2nd wave of ROTLA figures looked great, and it's too bad we may never get them.
Where are these pictures? I cannot seem to find them.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #62
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Well, I am still looking forward to that Fourth Wave until Hasbro says otherwise. I will continue to collect Indy toys as long as they are hanging on the pegs.

The great thing is that we got what we have now..The main things I wanted were made and I am VERY happy..I am not happy aboutthe back handed deal and treatment that hasbro partook in. I am not shocked at all, I am just shocked that they played us so well as a small group of collectors. As usual, History repeats itself.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #63
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Exactly. I am just so very grateful for what we HAVE received. The skill and potential is definitely there for more, if Hasbro would only use common sense and market research.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #64
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Exactly. I am just so very grateful for what we HAVE received. The skill and potential is definitely there for more, if Hasbro would only use common sense and market research.

Yea, they have had this site as a resource for a LONG time....thye just didn't like what we said because we were not focused enough on the kids coming in as I was told.. Which I said B.S.!! We ALWAYs knew that the kids had to be there, just not EVERY KID IN AMERICA and CANADA!!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #65
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
Where are these pictures? I cannot seem to find them.

Here the are -

Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #66
Brandon
IndyFan

We know the Titanium line is cancelled. How does anyone think this will affect the Adventure Heroes and/or Muggs? I would assume they'll be cancelled too?

Brandon
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #67
tnswman
IndyFan

Probably so..Mighty Muggs don't sell well for any line that I can see.

Adventure Hereos are good but they make wayyy too many. they needed environments for the Adventure Heroes.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #68
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Probably so..Mighty Muggs don't sell well for any line that I can see.

They seem as though they aren't the most expensive things to produce though, yes? And Hasbro seems to know that they're more of a niche product, no matter the product line?
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #69
tnswman
IndyFan

It just depends on the contract with Lucasfilm. Will it help us to have 4-6 new Indy Mighty Muggs on the shelves next year? NO! It will jsut pi$$ most of us off.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #70
bonoferox
IndyFan

Quote:
The great thing is that we got what we have now..The main things I wanted were made and I am VERY happy

Agreed.

No more than two years ago all I could do was come up with a dreamline of Indiana Jones toys and it seemed like under-parr customs and 4" Disney crap would be all we would get. Having my near-perfect kitbashed figure sitting on my shelf along with Henry Sr. is one of the best things I've ever seen come to light.
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #71
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Agreed.

No more than two years ago all I could do was come up with a dreamline of Indiana Jones toys and it seemed like under-parr customs and 4" Disney crap would be all we would get. Having my near-perfect kitbashed figure sitting on my shelf along with Henry Sr. is one of the best things I've ever seen come to light.

Out of all of my 2900 Indy collectibles, and all the years of searching the WORLD to find them..It all comes back to American action figures...My favorite thing is my new KOTCS Playset with the figures that I waited 18+ years to see. I will NEVER love another line as much as this and I supported it way more than most...I will support it until it is gone from the pegs.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #72
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Well, put me down for the "I'll wait for the official word from Hasbro" camp before I write the line off completely, but I do agree that things look mighty grim. Hasbro's lack of straight answers certainly don't help matters any.

Still, I have to echo tnswman's sentiments...this line has been a dream come true for me and I certainly appreciate everything we have gotten (except for the Mighty Muggs). I have every figure, vehicle, and deluxe set (except for Mutt on Motorcycle...which I cannot find) released so far, mulitple of several in many cases, and am very grateful to have them. I will pick up everything I can until the line goes kaput.

Hopefully they will at least get that 2nd ROTLA wave out somehow...if not, shame on you Hasbro for even teasing us with those pics at SDCC.
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #73
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

Well, this is depressing....and they never even got to the character I wanted most of all. Oh well. Maybe next time, Dietrich.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #74
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Here the are -

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa I wanted I wanted........... Toht and Satipo......... Waaaaahhaaaaaa

Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #75
YouNeverKnow
IndyFan

Not a huge collector but I was happy this line came out and got a fair share of figs. I have

Raiders Indy with Fertility Idol
LC Indy w/ Tie and submachine gun
KotCS Indy with Crystal Skull
Mutt with leather jacket and sword

I decided to make some nice displays with Indy and his partners - one group per movie. So that's the direction I took which is why I have a Mutt. I'm having a devil of a time finding Henry Sr, and I am hoping to get an Indy, Shorty, and Willie come TOD time. And Mola Ram because he just looks tooo perfect. (I guess I'd do all the baddies, too, if I could get a Donovan, Cairo Belloq, or Toht.)

Oh well, my point is, I'll be missing a Marion because I need the Well Marion. I don't like the one that's out and I get pretty picky when it comes to what I want and don't want. So we'll see!! I'd love for the line to continue until at least that projected Raiders wave!!
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote