Chicago Toy Show Round Two

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Summer editon of the Chicago Toy Show in St. Charles, IL at the Kane County Fairgrounds is tomorrow! I went for the Spring Show and they had quite a number of very cool Indy toys for sale. I almost bought myself the Well of Souls playset, but the price was rather high on it. You can get some pretty good deals there, but you can also be taken to the cleaners....

For more info about the show go to...

www.chicagotoyshow.com

Perhaps I'll see some of you there?

Katarn07

Sweet, someone here that goes there! Summer shows suck though. There were only three buildings and there were less dealers than last year's summer show and that was pretty pathetic as is. I don't plan on going next year to that one but I'll still go to the Spring and Fall shows. I've been going to those for the past 5+ years with my dad and we've actually got alot of our Indy stuff out there :)

I did get something I think is quite impressive and I hope you'll all enjoy it. I'm gonna post a pic and desc later once I upload the pics to some webspace ;)

yeah.. i was rather disappointed in the summer show.. the spring show was really packed with vendors. One of the dealers there said that there was a show down in the city that day as well... didn't hear anything about that myself. Do you go to any of the flea markets out there?

Katarn07

I used to go to flea markets when I was younger but not for action figures. I haven't been to a flea market for sometime now. That is the major toyshow I go to. I used to go to others but I don't think they happen annually like this one.

Go to the Fall one. It's just as good as the Spring one. I doubt they'll have a summer one again. It was only on Saturday this year instead of Saturday and Sunday. Also it started at noon and ended at the same time so it was alot shorter.

Katarn07

*bump*

Yeah, I went to the Fall show this morning. Got up really early too despite me not getting back from work around 2 in the morning. It was well worth it though.

Remember that 12" Cairo Swordsman on the card I got? Well, we got an Indy (an awesome Indy at that, one of the best I've ever seen) and an Arabian Stallion also on those big giant cards. Very cool. Oh, we also got a vial of antidote too. It's my first Indy prop and I think it's pretty neat. I am a big fan of Lao Che :)

Among those things, I got tons of new SW stuff I couldn't find in stores, a few Art Asylum Star Trek exclusives, and some Family Guy figures. 007, you happen to go this year? Find anything good?

Last edited:

Alas, I was working all the while and was unable to go this time :(

Your finds sound quite impressive! Do you have a picture of your new Indy on the giant card?

Katarn07

Aww, that's too bad. I didn't see much other Indy stuff out there. Then again, I'm not looking too hard for it because I have already completed the officially licensed stuff save for a few possible carded guys I may wanna get.

Anyways, check out my finds and the rest of my collection here. I have more stuff as I said in that thread. I'll get around to posting it eventually.