Edgar Mitchell claims aliens are real!

Indy's Fist

Former astronaut Edgar Mitchell said on a radio show that aliens & UFOs are real. The Roswell incident was real and that all these things were covered up by the govenment. He also thinks that disclosure is close at hand.

I am very pleased by this as it lends credibility to UFO researchers and the disclosure might be the changing event in the Mayan long calander on 12/21/2012. This sort of disclosure would have a huge change on the people of the Earth.

This also fits in nicley with KOTCS and makes it that much more real for us fans!

Morning Bell

While I'm a huge fan of The X-Files and enjoyed KOTCS immensely, the idea of aliens being real is still far-fetched, in my opinion. The fact that no solid evidence has been turned up over half a century after Roswell is suspicious and no bodies or crafts have been recovered or proven. I also have doubts that the government could cover something like this up; our government is so incompetent and scattered that I have a hard time believing that they'd be smart and capable enough to prevent any alien life from being discovered.

Granted, I think the proof of extraterrestrial life would be amazing and I'd love to see it. However, much like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, at this point real evidence needs to be brought forth before a lot of people will take this seriously.

Insomniac

With an infinite universe ever expanding in my viewpoint the chance of having life somewhere out there makes a lot of sense but if your looking for facts I have nothing to give.

Again in my viewpoints aliens sound a lot more reasonable to crash in Roswell NM in the 40s at least makes more sense than a boy born from his virgin mother who can walk on water, heal the sick, and come back from the dead.:hat:

I'm sorry if I have offended you I am protected to state my viewpoints by the constitution.

If your mad get in a debate on the Freedom of speech thread today!(BELOW)
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18258

Gear

Morning Bell said:
... the idea of aliens being real is still far-fetched, in my opinion.

It's always seemed uneducated to me for people to make that comment, considering how immensly vast the universe is and how little we know about it. It had always been my assumption that, statistically, there has to be life out there. But then again, you know what happens when I assume...

Insomniac said:
I'm sorry if I have offended you I am protected to state my viewpoints by the constitution.

Yeah, especially when our forefathers faught and died over the Internet Constitution.

Insomniac said:
If your mad get in a debate on the Freedom of speech thread today!(BELOW)

I'd love to debate you in a closed thread.

Of course UFOs are real!

Objects that Fly and can't be Identified? Without a doubt they are real!

Alien spaceships? Now THAT's a crock-of-crap!

On a serious note, sure it's possible there's life out there besides us, maybe even probable.

insomniac said:
Again in my viewpoints aliens sound a lot more reasonable to crash in Roswell NM in the 40s at least makes more sense than a boy born from his virgin mother who can walk on water, heal the sick, and come back from the dead.

Really? You don't think nature can find a way? You don't think with the average level of intellegence, education and medicine back then that someone who espoused cleanliness instead of the filth squalor and disease they lived in might be able to heal the sick? Ever hear of temporary blindness? Ever hear of the game telephone? You think the average pig back then might be more liable to mistake someone as dead? Why do you think it was a law to ritually wash before you ate? Speaking of pigs, why do you think the forbade the consumption of swine? Rabbi's among other things, were the early health dept of the Jews! Pigs carried nasty diseases then,and wallowed in filth...and spread sickness, disease!

Do you really believe the Bible is a historical document? The book of Genesis, the FIRST book contradicts its self. Come on now! The bibleis an article of faith. NOT FACT. Where are the dinosaurs?

Don't try to rationalize one crazy idea off of another!

Last edited:

Morning Bell

gear guardian said:
It's always seemed uneducated to me for people to make that comment, considering how immensly vast the universe is and how little we know about it. It had always been my assumption that, statistically, there has to be life out there. But then again, you know what happens when I assume...

I think the odds of microscopic life or something along those lines is fairly likely. As for intelligent aliens who fly spaceships and abduct random people in the backwoods, that's a different issue altogether.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think it would be awesome to find something else out there. Realistically though, the evidence is scant and vague at best. I've read my share of accounts and done my research and very little of it points to any tangible and credible evidence. I don't look down on anyone who believes in it but personally I'd like to see some hard proof.

MaxPhactor23

Lets get one thing straight: The issue's not whether or not extraterrestrials exists, it's whether or not they've visited Earth or been seen by mankind, which is highly unlikely. There’s no sufficient evidence whatsoever. Edgar Mitchell isn't reliable to any logical mind. So now that that's clear, because stupid people tend to think they're one in the same...

Probability will also tell you that it’s common sense that life outside of Earth does exist. The sheer size of the universe is immeasurable, the only possible excuse for believing Earth is the only inhabited planet or this is the only inhabited galaxy is simple-human arrogance. We’re not alone, but then common sense will also tell you that the Earthling manifestation of extraterrestrials is rather ridiculous, that being “Little Green Men” and that lot.

Technically speaking we have discovered life, per se, on Mars-I.E: Fossilized bacteria. There’s proof alone that we‘re not alone. It's amazing how many people've forgotten about this. If paleontologists and evolutionists are correct in assuming the first simple organisms evolved from the primal soup, what we stem from, who knows what could evolve from Martian bacteria in millions of years? Mans reach is only exceeded by his imagination.

So I don’t believe in Martians abducting red necks for anal probes, but I do believe that life’s out there, merely not made contact with Earth.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I believe that aliens exist, but I don't think they would be necessarily little greys or green men from Mars.

I don't think many of the alien abductions are legit, though who am I to say?

I don't know about Roswell either, but with all the myths from various cultures I've read up on and heck, there are quite a few interesting Aborigine stories that talk about people who came from the stars so I'm ready to believe that aliens did interact with humans in very early before recorded history.

MaxPhactor23 said:
So I don’t believe in Martians abducting red necks for anal probes, but I do believe that life’s out there, merely not made contact with Earth.
Although there was a great old game called Redneck Rampage that proves Aliens exist...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmcaxPbHCOk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmcaxPbHCOk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Major West

MaxPhactor23 said:
Lets get one thing straight: The issue's not whether or not extraterrestrials exists, it's whether or not they've visited Earth or been seen by mankind, which is highly unlikely. There?s no sufficient evidence whatsoever. Edgar Mitchell isn't reliable to any logical mind. So now that that's clear, because stupid people tend to think they're one in the same...

It could be true, we just don't know. It's quite possible there is life out there far far more advanced than us, and it would makes sense they might have explored the galaxy a bit, including earth. It's not an illogical theory. Keep an open mind.

Indy's Fist

I still think the Mayans are right that on 12/21/2012 there will be a great change in the history of the world. It will be the aliens are revealed to us. It will be the Revelation.

Indy's Fist said:
I still think the Mayans are right that on 12/21/2012 there will be a great change in the history of the world. It will be the aliens are revealed to us. It will be the Revelation.

Why?

Ska

Major West said:
It could be true, we just don't know. It's quite possible there is life out there far far more advanced than us, and it would makes sense they might have explored the galaxy a bit, including earth. It's not an illogical theory. Keep an open mind.

It could also be possible that there is life out there far far less advanced than us...I'm talking like West Virginia home schooled aliens.

MaxPhactor23

Major West said:

I never said it's illogical. It's entirely possible, it's just also entirely unlikely. There's a difference. It?s always good to be optimistically skeptical, that being a healthy symmetry of rationalized probability.

Major West

Ska said:
It could also be possible that there is life out there far far less advanced than us...I'm talking like West Virginia home schooled aliens.

Definitely. I'm sure there are planets out there with cave men clubbing each other like we were all those years ago.

MaxPhactor23 said:
I never said it's illogical. It's entirely possible, it's just also entirely unlikely. There's a difference.

You can't say it's unlikely any more than you can say it's likely. It's a possibility, is what it is, as you say.

Last edited:

kongisking

Rocket Surgeon said:
Do you really believe the Bible is a historical document? The book of Genesis, the FIRST book contradicts its self. Come on now! The bibleis an article of faith. NOT FACT. Where are the dinosaurs?

Don't try to rationalize one crazy idea off of another!

You are SO right!!!!!