The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

HovitosKing

Hey, does anyone else here own any of the "Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" comic book series? I personally own #1-10 and #27, but was wondering how good the rest of the series was.

I

Indy_Jones88

good

i dont own as many as u but i have 12-14 and some others and they r very good. I love reading the indy comics

Lon

I have the entire series except for issue #20. I thought I had it and I went through my comic box recently and it's not there. I think the entire series is pretty good. It's not as good as the Dark Horse limited series from the 90s though.

Junior Jones

I have the whole run.

There were different writers and artists, so the quality goes up and down.
Overall the series started really strong and after a few years started to loose steam. The first several issues featured shorter 1 and 2 issue story arcs, and toward the end they tried longer storylines that were harder to maintain.

But that's just my opinion.

Webley

Wich one has Shorty in it, I got a lot of them and I think thay are cooler than the Dark Horse ones.

Indyologist

HovitosKing said:
Hey, does anyone else here own any of the "Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" comic book series? I personally own #1-10 and #27, but was wondering how good the rest of the series was.

I find it to be an excellent series. Get the rest of them and you'll enjoy them. I still have all of them, of course. It's really too bad that they stopped the series. I have yet to get all the Dark Horse Comics. The ones I have are really good.

Pan Rado

Unfortunately, they were never published where I live, and getting them now is probably an adventure worthy of Indiana Jones. Still, I would love to get my hands on them. I mean, come on, Toht's sister? Marion and Indy co-owning a bar in Chicago (I think)? Some interesting stuff here.

Also, was Belloq's brother featured in this?

Junior Jones

Pan Rado said:
Also, was Belloq's brother featured in this?

It's been a while since I read them, but I don't remember any of Belloq's relatives showing up.

His brother Claude did appear in The Eye of the Fates, which was one the "Find Your Fate" books. (He was, of course, looking for revenge.)

I have fond memories of the Marvel series. The best of the series IMO, were issues 4-5 and 7-10. Especially 9-10, as the Idol makes a reappearance as do the Hovitos. In the days before widespread VCRs and DVD players, the comics were the only outlet for a kid's Indy fix. The comics are usually pretty cheap, so grab them while you can.

Indy Benson

I've got a few that I picked up here and there, but nothing close to a complete set.

InBanana Jones: your name if from the Mad Magazine spoof of Raiders, yes?

Indy Benson said:
I've got a few that I picked up here and there, but nothing close to a complete set.

InBanana Jones: your name if from the Mad Magazine spoof of Raiders, yes?

You are correct! I have let that April '82 MAD Magazine slip through my fingers several times. My search continues, but the search is often more rewarding than the attainment, no?

I'd be interested in hearing my fellow posters favorite Indy stories from the Marvel series.

Been re-reading the entire Marvel series from the beginning for the first time in many years. I'm up to #6 right now; not the best, when Indy invests w/ Marion in a nightclub where Frank Sinatra is supposed to perform; funny, since Sinatra was a virtual unknown in 1936! Ah, well, the inspiration & spirit of the Thirties is still there! It's amazing how well most of these stories hold up, in terms of entertainment value. My favorites are easily #4-5:the Stonehenge story; #7-8:the African Amazon w/ the Nazis & Ivan MacGregor; #9-10: the Hovito/Ilsa Toht/Xomec tale) and #15-16: the Captain Katanga story. I still need to fill in some holes in the Marvel collection and will have fun doing so.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm searching for all the ones with Marion, particularly #6 with the opening of the Raven's Nest!!!!!!

I do have #2, #5 and #9, one of which has Marion, Sallah and Marcus and the beginnings of a new adventure to do with the gold idol. The marvels are extremely rare down here, so I'd be forever gratiful if anyone can scan the entire comic issues (minus the ads) with the Raven's Nest and emailed to me......

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I have 'em all in Finnish, plus the film adaptations. Also have a bunch of them for sale, PM me if interested.

Violet Indy said:
I'm searching for all the ones with Marion, particularly #6 with the opening of the Raven's Nest!!!!!!

I do have #2, #5 and #9, one of which has Marion, Sallah and Marcus and the beginnings of a new adventure to do with the gold idol. The marvels are extremely rare down here, so I'd be forever gratiful if anyone can scan the entire comic issues (minus the ads) with the Raven's Nest and emailed to me......

Marion also tags along in issues #7-8; 17-18 and a few more I can't recall right now. This site has them listed.

Good luck finding the books, I have been having trouble filling the holes in my own collection!:gun:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
When the hunt gets difficult, Marvel usually publishes them together in an 'Essential' black-and-white compendium. I was at the San Diego Comic Con this year and found only a few issues. I'm amazed so many Raveners have them.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I wish they had those 'essentials' down here. It make it a lot easier for us Aussie Indyfans.

Indy Marvel comics

I have two 1984 Indiana Jones Marvel comics. They are very entertaining but they have not withstood the test of time as the covers are rather tatty. My favourite is about a dragon, it has Indy clinging to the tail of the dragon on the cover. This, to me, is not keeping with the reality of the Jones legacy! Mystical dragons are not going to make an appearance in an Indy film! This is not Lord of the Rings.:eek:

HovitosKing

Those Marvel comics started coming out before ToD and LC, so I'm sure they just figured anything with adventure in it would do Indy justice at the time. There was no canon, no Indy legacy.