TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Forum Games
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
Robyn
IndyFan

Set the scene, choose your sidekick...

Give a location, situation to be in, and then everyone picks which sidekick would be the best to have with them in a given scene.

Ok I'll start... You're trapped on a deserted island, you don't know how long you'll be stuck there. You have a treasure map, but no food, no shelter and very little supplies with you. Remember you could be trapped on the island for some time so you'll need a companion, but you'll also need help finding the treasure and surviving...

Which sidekick do you choose? And why?

Henry Sir.
Oxley
Sallah
Mac
Marcus
Mutt
Shorty
Elsa
Willie
Marion

Last edited by Robyn : 01-22-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Hmmm...

I would pick Sallah.

He can dig and help with finding treasure, I'm sure and he would have pretty capable survival skills. Also a good companion.

The others not so much.

Henry Snr, would also be pretty capable, however he would probably wouldn't be much of a companion, as he could be pretty darn critical.

Oxley; in truth, we really don't know a lot about his capabilities. We do get a sense that he's good at riddles and translations and could possibly be a bit of a survivor and explorer type, since he did go looking for the Crystal Skull, so he might actually be ok as well, however, the talking in riddles thing, does get a bit tiring.

Mac would be greedy enough to find the treasure and find it quickly, but as soon as you get rescued, he would be switching sides or trying to steal the treasure for himself.

Marcus gets lost in his own museum, so not him.

Mutt's useless unless you found some machinery.

Shorty's just a kid. Good if you needed someone with some kung fu skills.

Elsa. Hell no. Good at finding treasure & if you were a guy, a good companion before she turns you over to Nazis.

Willie. HELL NO!

Marion. tough, would have some survival skills, would be a decent companion, however wouldn't be the biggest help in finding treasure.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Robyn
IndyFan

Interesting choice and reasons why Violet
Old 01-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Ironclaw
IndyFan

For me, Elsa on a deserted island would be a no-brainer.
Ironclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

Marion would be my choice.
Indy Scout 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Robyn
IndyFan

For me it's a toss up between Marion and Henry Sir.

Sallah would be an ok choice but he would make you "go first!"
Old 01-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
Meerkat
IndyFan

Definitely not Mac...He'd just kill me and take the gold.

Marion seems to be the most use out of all of these people, although she'd probably murder me for my beliefs...
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #8
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

I would pick Short Round because he's my favorite Indy character. But I doubt he'd help much. Even if I resort to cannibalism and eat him, I'd just be hungry again in an hour.

So I'll go with Marion. Trapped on a desert island with a woman like that? Forget the treasure, I'll somehow construct some scented candles and various body oils and we'll do our own "treasure hunting" if ya know what I mean*

*I mean sex.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
I would pick Short Round because he's my favorite Indy character. But I doubt he'd help much. Even if I resort to cannibalism and eat him, I'd just be hungry again in an hour.

So I'll go with Marion. Trapped on a desert island with a woman like that? Forget the treasure, I'll somehow construct some scented candles and various body oils and we'll do our own "treasure hunting" if ya know what I mean*

*I mean sex.

LOL!!!!

Anybody else want to set a new scene?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
LOL!!!!

Anybody else want to set a new scene?
hmm....if you were all tied up to a crane slowly lowering you into a pit of acid or lava or something like that, and there are several guards around with guns, who would you wanna have save you??

i'd say Sallah would be a good choice because he'd make sure i was safe first and then we kick ass. but i'd like to have Marion waiting for me when it's all done

BTW Doc, you are one seriously funny dude. lol love your sense of humor!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #11
Meerkat
IndyFan

I'd pick either Shorty (because no one would shoot a kid) or Marion (because she's the only person I trust to wield a gun.)
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #12
Joosse
IndyFan

I would pick Henry Senior.

He would stand there and give the guards a lecture about the use of cranes during medieaval times, therefore distrcating them and they crane operator would stop lowering me.

Then I would untie myself, swing up and knock out the guards. I mean if you want to be like Indy, might as well be ambitious...

Henry Senior would then stare at me in disbelief, complaining he hadn't finished his lecture...
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #13
Indysolo12
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
Give a location, situation to be in, and then everyone picks which sidekick would be the best to have with them in a given scene.

Ok I'll start... You're trapped on a deserted island, you don't know how long you'll be stuck there. You have a treasure map, but no food, no shelter and very little supplies with you. Remember you could be trapped on the island for some time so you'll need a companion, but you'll also need help finding the treasure and surviving...

Which sidekick do you choose? And why?

Henry Sir.
Oxley
Sallah
Mac
Marcus
Mutt
Shorty
Elsa
Willie
Marion

Marion,Shes Hot!!! ,Patient and caring
Indysolo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosse
I would pick Henry Senior.

He would stand there and give the guards a lecture about the use of cranes during medieaval times, therefore distrcating them and they crane operator would stop lowering me.

Then I would untie myself, swing up and knock out the guards. I mean if you want to be like Indy, might as well be ambitious...

Henry Senior would then stare at me in disbelief, complaining he hadn't finished his lecture...
hahahahahaha!!! i can totally imagine that happening!!! lol