At least one of my friends had my back last night

Mickiana said:
Sankara, or whoever you are incarnated as now, I'm glad you are still here. I, for one, never wanted you to leave for whatever reason.

Wow talk about I'll hold your extra ammo when you go on that shooting spree!;)

-More relative than this, the play's the thing...

Mickiana

re Rocket surgeon, I'm kinda on no ones' side in a bid to be on everybodys' side. I knew where Sankara was coming from, we all did, but it was just the way he went about it. He was sincere but lacked perspective, but then I suppose he has some fairly heart felt feelings about it. I liked his spirit, certainly not his one-eyed style of argument. Rather than holding his ammo, I enjoyed the way he became a target himself!:gun:

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
re Rocket surgeon, I'm kinda on no ones' side in a bid to be on everybodys' side.

Sitting on the fence can be a painful occupation, especially if it's a particularly pointy fence. :p

I don't know if we're really supposed to discuss past members (even if they're still present under another alias), but I dug up some of the threads that Sankara was heavily involved in, including one that I could only read by opening up Google's cache, and I understand your viewpoint, Mickiana. They really were entertaining threads - and I was reminded of a scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: John Cleese, without any limbs, still hankering for a fight!

Mickiana

Yes, the Black Night = Sankara, in terms of inane persistence. "It's just a flesh wound = getting booted off The Raven!

metalinvader

Ah Sankara.He was truly dumber than a bag of kitty litter.I used to love playing with him when he would troll over into the 'Young Indy canon or not' thread.Damn shame that thread doesn't exist,It really had some of his best work in it.

Major West

It's very easy to pick faults in both ToD and TLC. Only Raiders is the flawless of the four films, and even then it still has a couple of narrative problems. It amuses me no end that KOTCS is singled out for being worse than any of the other sequels.

As for Sankara, I always felt sorry for the guy. Somebody with that much love of Indy with that that much merchandise in his collection and he couldn't even like KOTCS just a little bit, that's sad. It shows the danger of becoming obsessional about something. In his mind Indy finished when they rode off into the sunset.

Mickiana

Oh yes, you would have liked him - just as someone would like the antics of one of Jerry Lewis' characters, except Sankara wasn't acting.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Attila the Professor said:
Well, looky here...

Truly though, all of us who were present in those days know what he was...and those who weren't are better off.

*wipes a tear* so true!

Sankara was good for a laugh, what was so unfortunate was his strong conviction in his beliefs and his age. He was such a child.

Rocket Surgeon said:
I hear ya..but have to ask: would I have liked him?

You would have had fun, toying with him, as far as I can imagine anyway. Some days, it was a riot, other days, it was downright tiring and annoying.

Mickiana

For the most part I agreed with what Sankara was saying, I just thought he could have gone about saying it in a better way. He felt very let down by KotCS and could not get over it. Anyway, we are diverging a tad and I don't want to contravene any forum rules.