Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Nurhachi1991

RONDC20 said:
Ok so I suppose that Metroid Prime 3 is not a shooter and neither is Medal of Honor:Heroes 2 or Medal of Honor: Vanguard or Alone in the Dark or Red Steel or Resident Evil 4 or Umbrella Chronicles or Call of Duty 3 or Call of Duty: World at War or James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace or Target: Terror or The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific or The House of the Dead: Overkill or Far Cry Vengeance or Brothers In Arms Double Time or NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 or House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns or Ghost Squad or Ultimate Shooting Collection or Nerf N-Strike - with Blaster or The Conduit .

All sarcasm aside you do have a point the Wii does not have a lot of shooters, at least not as many as PS3 or X-Box 360, but the PS3 and X-Box 360 do offer a lot more than just shooters.

There are great games on these systems that are not shooters. Just to name a few there's Assassin's Creed, God of War 3, Prince of Persia, LittleBigPlanet , Overlord Raising Hell, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Lair , MK vs. DC, Rise of the Argonauts, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Ninja Blade, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Stuntman, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

I could continue, but I think you get my point. DocWhiskey I hear ya loud and clear.

And when did God of War 3 come out?

Dewy9

RONDC20 said:
Ok so I suppose that Metroid Prime 3 is not a shooter and neither is Medal of Honor:Heroes 2 or Medal of Honor: Vanguard or Alone in the Dark or Red Steel or Resident Evil 4 or Umbrella Chronicles or Call of Duty 3 or Call of Duty: World at War or James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace or Target: Terror or The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific or The House of the Dead: Overkill or Far Cry Vengeance or Brothers In Arms Double Time or NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 or House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns or Ghost Squad or Ultimate Shooting Collection or Nerf N-Strike - with Blaster or The Conduit .

All sarcasm aside you do have a point the Wii does not have a lot of shooters, at least not as many as PS3 or X-Box 360, but the PS3 and X-Box 360 do offer a lot more than just shooters.

There are great games on these systems that are not shooters. Just to name a few there's Assassin's Creed, God of War 3, Prince of Persia, LittleBigPlanet , Overlord Raising Hell, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Lair , MK vs. DC, Rise of the Argonauts, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Ninja Blade, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Stuntman, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

I could continue, but I think you get my point. DocWhiskey I hear ya loud and clear.

None of this has anything to do with Indy, but I just don't think Nintendo's bread and butter is the shooter/fighter genre. Give me a platformer and Mario Kart and I'm good to go.

RONDC20

Nurhachi1991 said:
And when did God of War 3 come out?

Well not yet but it's going to. Ok Dewy9 whatever the point is that were getting screwed here. No matter how you slice it. This sucks big time.

I hate it when I get punished for having the better system. With most of the Wii exclusives it makes sense, but this is just a slap in the face. They tease us then they take it back and give us this garbage.

Let me repeat myself for emphasis. There is no excuse for this, none at all. MY GOD!! Is this what it's come to? Screw Indiana Jones, lets make Star Wars Battlefront 3 UGH!! and this is coming from a hard core Star Wars fan. I'm just sick of Indiana Jones always getting the short end of the stick. I thought that this was finally our chance to get an excellent Indiana Jones Game. An Indiana Jones game that would blow people away. An Indiana Jones game with the production value and attention and care that I have seen given to so many other games, with polish and true love.Sigh! I guess not this time

Emperor's Tomb was decent, but only because I'm an Indy fan. The cinematics for Emperor's Tomb had lousiest editing and sound mixing. I hated how the music cut off. So yea I'm pissed about this. Please let me be pessimistic about this. "Oh but we have not even seen the game in motion yet" Yea, Yea, Blah Blah. I'll eat crow later. This bites no matter how you slice it.

Snakes

Why would they mention the classic chase scenes from the films in the general description if they were only featured on the PSP? Seems fishy to me...

The_Raiders

Woah woah, maybe I havn't done my full share of reading, but just by skimming through here I have afew questions:

Is the game coming out for at least PS2, or just wii?

And the screenshots we saw were from wii right? Do any of you think the graphics will have improved somewhat for PS2?

EvilDevo

Seems to me, again speculation, that the Wii graphics might have been dumbed down so that it could be a cross-platform game with zero effort put in. Why polish and shine everything on Wii when that version will be too powerful to run on PSP? For shame! Again, I speculate.

If that's indeed the case, however, why are there different exclusive features for different versions? If it's the same port across the board.

DocWhiskey

The_Raiders said:
Woah woah, maybe I havn't done my full share of reading, but just by skimming through here I have afew questions:

Is the game coming out for at least PS2, or just wii?

And the screenshots we saw were from wii right? Do any of you think the graphics will have improved somewhat for PS2?
SoK is coming out for PS2, Wii, DS, and PSP.

The screenshots were confirmed from the Wii by a Lucasarts representative.

The playable movie scenes are only on PSP.

FoA is only on Wii.

EvilDevo said:
If that's indeed the case, however, why are there different exclusive features for different versions? If it's the same port across the board.

My thoughts exactly. So far it seems the PS2 has no bells and whistles. Why not put FoA on PS2?

Udvarnoky

I don't know that it's the same port across the board. The Wii and PS2 versions are likely more or less the same, but the PSP version is something weird and completely different. And I have no idea about the DS (though, if the game really does look like those screenshots, it shouldn't have any trouble running it). Bear in mind that the handheld ports of The Force Unleashed and the LEGO games were completely different games than the console versions.

As for the reason why FOA isn't included in the other versions? The answer is probably because putting it on more consoles than the Wii would have taken effort. The PS2 and PSP could no doubt run FOA, but the Wii has point 'n click controls already. LEC probably noted this when they came up with the idea of including FOA in the first place, and didn't feel like figuring out (or paying someone to figure out), how to port the old DOS game to other architecture. People have pointed out that the DS is a perfect platform for FOA, but I'd say that's really only in theory. Graphically the game would have no problem running, but what about cramming all those voices into a cartridge? Not to mention that in making the game work on the DS, LEC would have to make some actual changes, UI wise, and implement all the touchscreen stuff. A Nintendo DS port would be way more involved than just porting the SCUMM engine. I'm not saying it can't be done by way of hard work and love (see: SCUMMVM), but LEC isn't gonna go through any particular hassle over something like this, which to them is just a throwaway easter egg.

Morning Bell

I'm still surprised the PS2 isn't listed with anything special. I'm guessing down the road that each version may have something unique to just that platform but who knows anymore.:confused:

Insomniac

I guess then I may be getting a lot of specials the only systems I own are a Nintendo Wii, DS and a PS2. :cool:

Hell a year ago I thought I would have to buy another to get this game!

The Tingler

The playable movie scenes are only on PSP.

How-ev-er, there will be scenes in the game very like the movies.

And you know what? I like the Wii. I enjoy playing games with the controller. I like how it is completely backwards-compatible with the GameCube, something both Sony and Microsoft failed to do properly. The virtual console's brilliant too. While it's potential has been squandered on too many crap ports, minigame collections, and developers not using the graphics power it has to the full, this year is looking really good for the console. And it's the only console with both Sam & Max and Strong Bad on it, which is an instant win.

If the story and characters in Staff of Kings are great and well-written, I'll be happy to play it again and again. Much like Fate of Atlantis.

Irfaan

Morning Bell said:
I'm still surprised the PS2 isn't listed with anything special. I'm guessing down the road that each version may have something unique to just that platform but who knows anymore.:confused:

If history serve's us correct then it will be an extra level to play.

Because "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" had the following exclusives for each platform:

PS3 and Xbox 360: Next Gen Graphics and Technology
Wii: Versus Multiplayer and Wii controls
PSP: Coop Multiplayer and memorable/playable scenes from the Star Wars movies
PS2: 1 extra level to play
DS: Casual friendly controls

I have Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for Xbox 360 and PSP (a friend got it for me on PSP) and I never made use of that replay movie sequences part (maybe because it was locked?)

What I do know was that 1 extra level to play on the PS2 version was released and download content for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Does anyone think we will see DLC for the PSP version. It's actually quite suprising how lucasarts loves the PSP (that's there words no mine). They have loads of lucasarts and exclusive games for it and they is even a lucasarts edition PSP available to buy (I think it was white with Vader on the back of it). It's suprising to see how barely any developer supports the PSP (except sony of course) these days. I never use my PSP for playing, I just use it for podcast listening.

I hope Staff of Kings will be worth it!:whip:

jones3d

Eurogamer has published two new screenshots of this game. And yes, graphics are indeed incredibly BAD.

ss_preview_7522620090206_100811_1_big.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_7522620090206_100811_0_big.jpg.jpg

indyjones2131

That bridge was mentioned A LONG time ago in one of the tech demos. They were saying how amazing the Euphoria system was - even to the point that Indy would steady himself on the swaying rope bridge.

Damn you Lucasarts...