The Indy Cast

DoomTown

Violet said:
Have returned from the con. I've done what I can. Just got to send it to Ed.
The recording isn't going to be fantastic, as it was an ipod, and the people (as in volunteers) were certainly not approving of recording devices of any kind despite my explanation ...Anyway, what I've done which was easier and on pain of death, is recorded the Q&A session.

THANK you Violet! Looking forward to hearing this; Don't worry about the sound quality (thump thump thump thump) I'm sure we (thump thump thump thump) have heard worse (thump thump thump thump).

(cue "Raiders March" recorded off of my boombox) :p

*Just some goodnatured ribbing among friends. Let's not blow any blood vessels here, ok?

Stoo

DiscoLad said:
Ah my favorite genre.
Rock n' Roll.
Thanks, Rocket.

Im watching now, Hell yea. Good stuff.
Who are you trying to kid, Disco?:confused:
The Drifter (formerly known as Lonsome Drifter) said:
Led Zep or The Rolling Stones
DiscoLad said:
Jesus... Um.
I guess Led Zep.
Their both nothing special.
(Insert BIG "facepalm" here.):rolleyes:

On-Topic: Do you ever listen to the IndyCast? If so, what is your opinion on this latest episode?

DiscoLad

What? I just don't like those two bands? Haha.
Do you? I don't think they're very good. :confused:
You listen to what. . . Opera house? Christian music?

Oh you mean my name is Disco...
Yeah I like disco and Rock n Roll. I don't see where you're going with this.

indycast

DiscoLad said:
Did I hear "Disco"?

You sure did...hmmm maybe that could be the theme of our April 1st edition of the show....

BTW I have never played Meco's Disco Raiders theme on the show as I don't have it - its gone from iTunes so will need to try another source!

Now where did I put my roll neck cardigan?

indycast

Violet said:
Ahem....

Back on topic.

Have returned from the con. I've done what I can. Just got to send it to Ed. I would now, but I'm a little exhausted!

The recording isn't going to be fantastic, as it was an ipod, and the people (as in volunteers) were certainly not approving of recording devices of any kind despite my explanation (though I laughed hard when tons of people at the Q&A pulled out cameras and took shots because they got angry at Dad when he took a shot of me getting an autograph from JRD just for personal memory).

Anyway, what I've done which was easier and on pain of death, is recorded the Q&A session.

Thanks Violet! Can't wait to hear it and play it on the show.

Thanks again for helping us out!

Stoo

DiscoLad said:
What? I just don't like those two bands? Haha.
Do you? I don't think they're very good. :confused:
Moron. You don't think Led Zep is "very good" but commented on a video of a LED ZEPPELIN song and vigorously stated that it was "great stuff".:rolleyes:

To repeat: Do you ever listen to the IndyCast? If so, what is your opinion on this latest episode (or any other previous one)?
indycast said:
BTW I have never played Meco's Disco Raiders theme on the show as I don't have it - its gone from iTunes so will need to try another source!
Really? What was Mitch talking about then?:confused: If ANYONE out there has the Meco "Raiders March", please, send it along to Ed.

indycast

Stoo said:
Really? What was Mitch talking about then?:confused: If ANYONE out there has the Meco "Raiders March", please, send it along to Ed.

I do have a pretty good Discofied version from Walter Murphy (Fifth of Beethoven fame) so that will definitely get a spin, but thanks for the shout out - will have to keep an eye out on eBay for it!

Still don't get the hate for disco - why can't people be happy that other people have different tastes in music? Next people will be ostracized because they like musical theatre!

BTW - offline you'll have to articulate why you hate disco - freak disco dancing accident in high school? Twisted an ankle when wearing platforms?

Anyway, back on course - IndyCast Episode 122 will hopefully be out on Monday 7th March - but we may be a day or 2 late so in anticipation apologies for the delay!

Stoo

indycast said:
I do have a pretty good Discofied version from Walter Murphy (Fifth of Beethoven fame) so that will definitely get a spin, but thanks for the shout out - will have to keep an eye out on eBay for it!

Still don't get the hate for disco - why can't people be happy that other people have different tastes in music? Next people will be ostracized because they like musical theatre!
Heh. I remember the Disco version of Beethoven's 5th. As for the disco hate, I won't get into it in-depth here. The music sucked. The fashion sucked. If you don't understand it/can't relate then you have my greatest sympathies. Enjoy what you like but you should know that Disco SUCKS! It's music for girly-girls.:p
indycast said:
BTW - offline you'll have to articulate why you hate disco - freak disco dancing accident in high school? Twisted an ankle when wearing platforms?
None of the above. Before I explain why disco is hated, you'll have to explain why you love it. Keep wiggling those hips in the meantime! (Just kidding around, Ed.);)
indycast said:
Anyway, back on course - IndyCast Episode 122 will hopefully be out on Monday 7th March...
Ed, you must mean Episode 123.:p:whip:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Just got off the phone with Ed. Trying to pin down the Mecco Raiders mp3. I had it because I thought Ed sent it to me two years ago. Dont worry Stoo we will find it. I could have sworn it was on episode 55 as a closer audio.

DiscoLad

Stoo said:
Moron. You don't think Led Zep is "very good" but commented on a video of a LED ZEPPELIN song and vigorously stated that it was "great stuff".:rolleyes:

Is that so? Hm, opinion changed. :)

Led Zeppelin has moved up to "decent".

And no I don't keep up with the Indy cast so stop asking.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Enjoy what you like but you should know that Disco SUCKS! It's music for girly-girls.:p

339689_o.gif

Ropes

The Indy Cast?

I love The Indy Cast. A bunch of people talking about a subject we all love. What more could you ask for in a radio show.
It is much like here but you just can't reply. (well, I guess you can but it may get you some strange looks).

indycast

Ropes said:
I love The Indy Cast. A bunch of people talking about a subject we all love. What more could you ask for in a radio show.
It is much like here but you just can't reply. (well, I guess you can but it may get you some strange looks).

Thanks Ropes - glad you are enjoying the show!

I'm definitely glad to hear you're enjoying the show, Ropes! As far as replying to the show, always feel free to email. We love to hear from everyone!

Violet, I can't wait to hear what you recorded at the convention. Don't worry about the audio quality, I'm sure it will be a treat!

As for the other topics brought up in here over the past couple of days...I hate to side against my man Ed, but disco--(n)

This is more my bag:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sXhwYcJLODU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Montana Smith

robisindy said:
This is more my bag:

Now that's much more like it! (y)

While disco was dying :)dead:) the Aersomsiths and Iron Maidens of the world were rising :)up:).

And for class acts, Iron Maiden was the Indiana Jones of metal. :cool:

Sharkey

DiscoLad said:
And no I don't keep up with the Indy cast so stop asking.
Then whatcha doin' in this thread, Boogie Boy?

You should write in to Rob's Indy Opinion poll because your prattling mumbo-jumbo would earn you the title of the new Beaker.

Eem eem meem! Eemie moo ma mo ma meem eemie meem!

DiscoLad

Sharkey said:
Then whatcha doin' in this thread, Boogie Boy?

You should write in to Rob's Indy Opinion poll because your prattling mumbo-jumbo would earn you the title of the new Beaker.

Eem eem meem! Eemie moo ma mo ma meem eemie meem!

Saw that one coming like a freight train, Ol' Sharkey.
Gotta be quicker than that.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
While disco was dying :)dead:) the Aersomsiths and Iron Maidens of the world were rising :)up:).
In your statement, replace Aerosmith with Van Halen. The beginning of the '80s was the low point in Aerosmith's career. Joe Perry quit. Brad Whitford quit. Steve Tyler had enormous drug & alcohol problems. "Rock in a Hard Place" was a weak album compared to their previous output. When disco was dying :dead:, Aerosmith was in a dismal spiral into the depths of doom & despair.:(
Mitchellhallock said:
Just got off the phone with Ed. Trying to pin down the Mecco Raiders mp3. I had it because I thought Ed sent it to me two years ago. Dont worry Stoo we will find it. I could have sworn it was on episode 55 as a closer audio.
WOO-HOO! Just had a listen! Not as bad as I imagined and it can be appreciated for its cheese factor. This DESERVES to be aired on the next IndyCast. Snap those fingers & wiggle those hips! The time is ripe!

P.S. Disco Sucks!:p

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Glad you enjoyed it Stoo... its amazing the Indy merch I have pilling up around here... and Keith if you're nice I'll send it to you, too!