Ford's best line delivery in KOTCS?

Indy's brother

I'm going with "I thought we were friends, Mac." His facial expression emotes disbelief, adrenaline, fear, and anger all at once.

What's yours?

kongisking

"Well, from the way you sink your teeth into those wubble-yous, I'd say maybe eastern Ukraine."

I'm quite fond of that one, myself. :)

Lance Quazar

kongisking said:
"Well, from the way you sink your teeth into those wubble-yous, I'd say maybe eastern Ukraine."

I'm quite fond of that one, myself. :)

Wow, I actually was going to suggest that as not only the WORST line reading in KOTCS but arguably Ford's worst Indy line reading of all time.

I cringed when I first heard that. Feels so shockingly out of character I couldn't believe it.

The Drifter

Lance Quazar said:
Wow, I actually was going to suggest that as not only the WORST line reading in KOTCS but arguably Ford's worst Indy line reading of all time.

I cringed when I first heard that. Feels so shockingly out of character I couldn't believe it.

I happened to like said line also...:eek:

kongisking

Lance Quazar said:

Eh, I thought it was totally something Indy would do: mock his enemy. Though, you do have a point, I guess, in that it seems rather shallow of Indy to mock, of all things, her accent...could be interpreted as an insult to Russians in general.

James

My favorite line reading was the teaser trailer delivery of "Not as easy as it used to be." For some reason, it appeared to have been redone for the finished film.

I'm also quite fond of the dry delivery of, "Unshackle me. I'll give you a big hug."

As for the "wubble-yous" comment, I never understood why that caused problems for some fans. Ford's delivery always struck me as being very reminiscent of TOD.

The Drifter

The Man said:
Teaser: "Part-time." Wonderful.

Final Cut: "Part-time." Wank.

I must agree with you. When I first seen the Teaser and heard that line, I almost wanted to fist-pump the air.
I was looking forward to it at the theater and was letdown when I heard it. :(

Henry W Jones

kongisking said:
Eh, I thought it was totally something Indy would do: mock his enemy. Though, you do have a point, I guess, in that it seems rather shallow of Indy to mock, of all things, her accent...could be interpreted as an insult to Russians in general.

Personally I like the line. I don't know if it's my favorite but it's not that out of character in my opinion. Indy is supposed to know all kinds of languages and be well traveled so I thought the line showed he could spot where she was from due to her accent. And she's the villain. Indy's normally a smart a** to the villain. Example: Mola Ram "Sold off by teives like you" Indy responds with "Tieves like me, huh?" In my opinion that is about the same. Actually it's a little more towards racist, no explanation just, "Tieves like me, Huh?" At least in KOTCS the mocking points towards an explanation of his answer to her question. Doom is more like Indy's just for no reason making fun of Mola Ram's accent. P.S. I don't thinks Indy's a racist. Actually one of the things I admire most about Indy is his ability to befriend all sort of people and be accepting of other cultures.(especially for a character in the 30's):whip:

alotofmaryskid

Indy's brother said:
Add me to that list. I scratch my head every time I hear it in the movie knowing that it was/could've been better.

I don't understand....I love the line. What's up? I also liked "I like Ike."