Fedora

Indy1936

fedora

I would have to agree with Fisk on this one. I own an Akubra Federation myself and I must say it is the best fedora I've owned yet, in my short existence.

QueZTone

Rendering Fisk, at the hatsdirect site I saw there are two Federations. Is the different purely the quality of felt?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The Akubra Federation Deluxe has better felt and better contrast. The felt is lighter brown than on the regular.

I

Indy's_main_man

I never realized you had to bash your own hat...seems difficult

I

Indy's_main_man

so lemme get this straight...the hat is bendable...yet it stays in lace when we make it like Indy's?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The hat is bendable when you wet it. Many people do it with steam, but you can put it under running water and completely wet it before bashing. You can also use a spray bottle.

Dry-bashing works sometimes.

I

Indy's_main_man

My little brother baught a cheap disney hat and was sad when it was ruined by the rain. Now he has another reason to be jealous of me...mine won't get ruined.

I

Indy's_main_man

I know everyone here praises their akubras...so i need to know if the delux is worth it. 100 dollars seems a lot for a hat to me. But I guess to you people who have aldens it's nothing...because those are some expensive shoes.

IndyMcFly

But Lee Keppler's fedora is $140, and right now the current wait time is like... 9 months. I had been really considering getting a Keppler, but I've decided to get an Akubra Federation Regular.

In Christ,
Shane

Hey... Thanx for the link to the Lee Keppler hats! Does it come already bashed? $40 extra for a great looking hat is worth it to me.

IndyMcFly

Yes it comes already bashed, according to your requirements. The hat looks a little different in every scene. I believe you tell Mr. Keppler which scene you'd like the bash to match, and then you'll get it like that. But like I said, the wait time right now is over 9 months, so be patient, and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

In Christ,
Shane

QueZTone

Can the Federation Standard withstand rain and snow?

or can only the Federation Deluxe really withstand heavy rain?

I

Indy's_main_man

I don't even have on yet but I can predict everyone will say yes