Lucas ponders Indy 5

Stoo

The Man said:
A legitimate question: if a fifth is on the cards, would it be better if Indy died in the curtain-raiser, thus sparing cinema's greatest hero from suffering another two hours of...[/SIZE]
Instead of being killed, he could be shown losing his eye. I've got the perfect setup.
Considering Old Indy's wound looks like a sabre slash, Ford & Shia could have a fight
early in the film. Mutt gets Indy in the face with a sword and becomes the film's villain.:dead:

indyclone25 said:
yeah he did, but they are still remembered by us fans ---
Old Indy recently celebrated his 109th birthday

The Man

Stoo said:
Instead of being killed, he could be shown losing his eye. I've got the perfect setup.
Considering Old Indy's wound looks like a sabre slash, Ford & Shia could have a fight
early in the film. Mutt gets Indy in the face with a sword and becomes the film's villain.:dead:

Mutt: What are you lookin' at, Daddy-oh?!
Indy: My-my eye. It's on the end of your sword!

Finn

Staff member
Damn, I just noticed that this thread had been opened to KotCS section despite the sticky that clearly directed folks to open Indy 5 -related threads to the General IJ discussion section. Moved.

<small>Yes, I'd also love to chastise the dumb shmuck who failed to read that stickied note but that's kind of lost its best momentum now, so I won't.</small>

Stoo

The Man said:
Mutt: What are you lookin' at, Daddy-oh?!
Indy: My-my eye. It's on the end of your sword!
Mutt: Don't have a cow, Clyde.
Indy: You've blinded me! You really are a bastard son.
Mutt: I told you. The pomade is for the hair. Not your whip! Dig?
Indy: O.K. Can I have it back now?
Mutt: What? The Brylcreem?
Indy: No, you little punk, my eye!:dead:

Finn said:
Woah, the Banana Airlines are definitely making profit this season. Last week ten people, now six, and it's only Tuesday. Send me a postcard from that local love hotel, guys.
Woah, is right. I hope for some, it isn't permanent. It would be a shame to lose contact with Crack or DIrishB.:(

Last edited:

Raiders of Clay

As a ture Indy fan and speaking for the other true Indy fans, I think all of us want to go back to the past. The beginning Indiana Jones movies are what made this franchise, why change it.

Mike00spy

Well, the previous Indy movie does have a big influence on the next one.

Temple didn't want to repeat Raiders, so they went for something different in terms of structure and tone.

After finding Temple "too dark" they went back to Raiders and made the film lighter in tone and followed its structure closer.

Last Crusade proved that their approach was well received so that influenced Kingdom's tone and kept the family dynamic. Plus, the 19 years of nostalgia influenced the film's tone and made it lighter.

Indy 5 (which I would say only has about a 10% chance of being made) would be a reaction to Kingdom.

Now, it just depends on what aspects they felt did or didn't work.

I would imagine that we WOULD see a darker tone than Kingdom and probably less focus on family dynamics.

No Ticket

I think it would be better if the next one were a prequel. But problems that arise with Ford being the age he is and making one in the tone of the originals is stuff like... Ford usually picks up a girlie to take with him on the adventure and at the age he is in there I don't know if that would work as well as it did when he was in his 30s.

There's lots of problems to getting IJ back the way it was. The most honest answer is that it can't. It's a little too late.

The Indy fan in me wants to see Indy 5 anyway with false hope that it's going to be the Indy movie I was hoping for... but it probably wouldn't turn out that way.

As long as it took KOTCS to come together, I wouldn't expect to see Indy 5 ever happen. Unfortunately. But who knows.

Grizzlor

I will say that Spielberg and I guess Ford need to do something, if they can, to stop Lucas from working on Indiana Jones if they die first! I'm serious, this guy will tinker with anything he can get his hands on. Maybe they agree to a fifth and final film and have it in the contract that he can't do anything else.

On that note, again, I am such a fan of Harrison as Indy that I would gladly watch another film, but like I said, only if it involves something like the Lost City of Atlantis, which has never been done on modern film, aside from an arc during the Kevin Sorbo Hercules show.

As for the future, well at this rate, Shia is on his way to becoming the next Christian Slater.......

agentsands77

Raiders of Clay said:
As a ture Indy fan and speaking for the other true Indy fans, I think all of us want to go back to the past. The beginning Indiana Jones movies are what made this franchise, why change it.
What, so those of us who want Indiana Jones to push forward aren't true fans?

One of INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL's main problems is that it wasn't enough new. It kind of started off interestingly, with the Hangar 51 bit and then the nuclear explosion and the FBI investigation - that all was new, and interesting. I want to see the rest of that film.

But as soon as Indy hits Peru, it's all typical Indy adventure stuff that we've seen done before. Shame.

Coronado

I'd really like them to make another film just so KotCS doesn't stick out so much. If they made a new trilogy of Indy films set in the fifties, I think the differences between the first three films and the latest movie wouldn't be so visible - or, rather, they would still be visible but it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Grizzlor said:
As for the future, well at this rate, Shia is on his way to becoming the next Christian Slater.......
But nowhere near as attractive... ;)

-Coronado

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man

lucascarbonite1.jpg

indyclone25

lucas can come up with the main story idea which he is pretty good at , then let someone else write the screenplay and let carrie fisher fix it and then have speilberg direct it and harrison does what he does best and i think we would all be happy

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Another Interview:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24101855-5006023,00.html
Despite the success of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, and the obvious grooming of LaBeouf as Indy's successor, Lucas can't confirm there will be another in the series.
??That I don't know. I'd have to come up with another story that has a good object for him to chase,'' he says.
??Last time Harrison (Ford) was always for it but I think Steve (Spielberg) was more reluctant. Steve is now more prone to wanting to do another one than he was before so I don't have to talk him into it. It's just coming up with the idea is really hard because there's a lot of requirements that make Indiana Jones work and unique, it's not just another one of those Mummy/Lara Croft things, it's got a lot more going on.''