Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Tingler said:
It should be pointed out that the press release doesn't mention a PS2 version...

Oh, and you mean these screenshots? Good find.

Hmm...the Soviet agents at the college town are dressed just as soldiers? That seems odd, if it's really the case. Not like there's a bunch of other new character models the film offered.

This shot below, however, is lovely, if entirely inexplicable, at least to me. Anyone have any thoughts on what this is showing? Is it supposed to be something built with the level editor?

51235_LEGOIndianaJones2TheAdventureContinues-01_normal.jpg

Nurhachi1991

Attila the Professor said:
Hmm...the Soviet agents at the college town are dressed just as soldiers? That seems odd, if it's really the case. Not like there's a bunch of other new character models the film offered.

This shot below, however, is lovely, if entirely inexplicable, at least to me. Anyone have any thoughts on what this is showing? Is it supposed to be something built with the level editor?

51235_LEGOIndianaJones2TheAdventureContinues-01_normal.jpg

Atillia do you think the Diner might serve as the central hub of the game? Like the college did in the first lego Indy. Thats the only explanation I can give for the commies to be dressed as soldiers.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
Atillia do you think the Diner might serve as the central hub of the game? Like the college did in the first lego Indy. Thats the only explanation I can give for the commies to be dressed as soldiers.

My <I>guess</I> would be that they'd just use the same college location as in the original for the hub, honestly, since the original three films are still included. Also, I'd bet the diner isn't big enough to serve as that.

One decent possibility, I suppose, is that they're really just demonstrating the new whip move with a generic Soviet baddy minifig.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Tingler said:
Possibly, these could all be quite early. I suspect that plane shot IS a level editor example.

Should that be the case, and not be just the sort of thing that the developers of the game found easy to whip up as an example, that's pretty impressive. Maybe, as you say, Lego Fate of Atlantis won't be as hard to pull off as we might have expected.

EvilDevo

From what I understand, there are separate movie hubs... one for Raiders, one for Temple, and so on.

Perhaps the plane screenshot is the Raiders hub? With a Nepal level in the top left corner and various Cairo segments on the right side of the image.

From IGNs Pre-E3 LEGO Indy article:

IGN: What about the sort of content the game is going to cover?

Kellam Eanes: The game play will be structured around six large level "Hubs," which will be levels unto themselves. Think Barnett College (LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures) and the Cantina (LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga) Hubs blown out to a larger, more interactive scale. For instance, for the Raiders of the Lost Ark Hub, you'll be able to fly a plane, swim around islands, or ride a boat within the Hub itself. There are five levels within each of the six Hubs.

Col. Detritch

I am so excited about this game. I loved the first one and by the sounds of it, this will be 100 times better. Build levels, new moves and NEW levels all with a that LEGO Indy touch. I had a heap of screenshots but wasn't able to figure out how to add them, no big.:D I looks fantastic and worth the time to play!

The Tingler

EvilDevo said:
From what I understand, there are separate movie hubs... one for Raiders, one for Temple, and so on.

Perhaps the plane screenshot is the Raiders hub? With a Nepal level in the top left corner and various Cairo segments on the right side of the image.

Aha, possibly. That would be very cool, too.

Although that does now mean the Level Editor will be very, very, VERY basic.

Dewy9

I am so very excited for this! Not only do we get KOTCS now, but we also get revamped gameplay. It's looking to be a great year for Indy games!

Any guesses as to the levels for KOTCS?

I'm thinking it'll look a lot like this:

1) Warehouse 51
2) Marshall College chase
3) Chauchilla Cemetary
4) Jungle chase
5) Akator

And not to nitpick, but I hope that they'll include the new Flying Wing that LEGO actually produced, rather than what they guessed. The same goes for a number of sets that weren't in that first wave.

Dewy9

We'll find out a lot more at E3 next week. They said that you can do new stuff like use new vehicles and drive the car as Short Round in the Shanghai chase.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IGN: What about the sort of content the game is going to cover?

Kellam Eanes: The game play will be structured around six large level "Hubs," which will be levels unto themselves. Think Barnett College (LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures) and the Cantina (LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga) Hubs blown out to a larger, more interactive scale. For instance, for the Raiders of the Lost Ark Hub, you'll be able to fly a plane, swim around islands, or ride a boat within the Hub itself. There are five levels within each of the six Hubs.

Any thoughts on what these mysterious numbers suggest? Six large level hubs - I'm counting four, one for each film. What can we presume about those other two. And then five levels within each of the six hubs - are they downsizing the levels from the original game, condensing six level per film into five? Do they mean by "five levels" the fun things you can do at each hub? Does Kellam Eanes not know how to count? What's going on here?

fixer79

I hope those missing two hubs will be based on Young Indy and the Indiana Jones novels by MacGregor and McCoy... :)

Sadly, I doubt that will be the case.
Too bad though... This second LEGO Indy game would've been the ideal chance to use the lesser known (but not inferior) adventures of our hero.
I certainly would've preferred that over a rehash of the original trilogy levels...

Ah well, I'm gonna buy it anyway. :p

I'm sure I will be buying this game for SURE! it really looks good. But how much is this game going to cost? That's what I'm worried about. BTW I still plan on buying the first Lego Indy game.

RedeemedChild

EvilDevo said:

I think that the ability to play inside of Hubs is a wonderful idea. Indeed this next LEGO Indiana Jones game is going to be remarkable. I still hope it will incorporate Infrastructure/Ad-Hoc/Game Sharing on the PSP and DS Single Card Download Play on the Nintendo DS.

I'm looking forward to being able to play as Mutt Williams and Irina Spalko. To bad LEGO refuses to include voiced dialog or sub text communication between characters like they used to in the LEGO Island games. I'm really looking forward to this game. Hopefully it will go for $29.99 at the stores. I'm not at all pleased with the PSP Go!. I like the PSP 3000 and I plan to purchase that and not the Go!. I am not at all about to give up UMD's for digital distribution.

BTW I wonder if their will ever be a LEGO Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: The Video Game at some point?

The Tingler

I'm not at all pleased with the PSP Go!. I like the PSP 3000 and I plan to purchase that and not the Go!. I am not at all about to give up UMD's for digital distribution.

I agree. Big games just take too long to download, and you never really own them properly. Also, the Go! itself looks very cheaply made.

BTW I wonder if their will ever be a LEGO Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: The Video Game at some point?
Not a chance, I'm afraid! Not enough kids will have seen the series, for one thing.