The Dark Knight Rises

Montana Smith

WillKill4Food said:
God, I hope so. She looks more like a Special Ops agent than a super-hero/villain.

A cat-eared cowl would certainly complete her look, and give her a more unique appearance.

WillKill4Food said:
I'm also afraid she's going to be too much of an ally to Batman, given the bike pic; they need to portray her as a morally ambiguous character.

Maybe she stole it! I always like Catwoman portrayed as having her own agenda, though she'll find it beneficial to help Batman at times.

QBComics

First thought: "This is going to **** a lot of people off."
Second thought: This going to **** off a lot of people off."
Third thought: "It's different, Nolan looking, and obviously not the full thing."

There's no way they'd reveal the full costume this soon.

featofstrength said:
That "costume" does look tight, probably movement inhibiting in some ways. Though Im guessing she was somehow already familiar with getting into that Bat-pod riding position.....
Attila the Professor said:
Down, tiger.

What? I was refering to her time spent horseback riding in prep for "Ella Enchanted." You're sick!:p

JP Jones

So you're nitpicking that somebody is defending something that you yourself have no problem with.
Yes.

My post was only pointing out that Kongisking cannot except that the Dark Knight isn't perfect, or that Christopher Nolan isn't a God. That's all I was trying to get across. The suit is irrelevent to what I was saying. It gets me a little mad when you tell me what I think, and believe you are right. (jerk).

Attila the Professor

Staff member
JP Jones said:
Yes.

My post was only pointing out that Kongisking cannot except that the Dark Knight isn't perfect, or that Christopher Nolan isn't a God. That's all I was trying to get across. The suit is irrelevent to what I was saying. It gets me a little mad when you tell me what I think, and believe you are right. (jerk).

I wasn't telling you what you thought. I was telling you what it sounds like you thought. There is no way of ever telling the first. The second there's plenty of room to judge.

At any rate, this is a subject best dropped now.

But I dunno, if you're looking for things that kongisking ought to criticize about the movies, I'd go for the obnoxiously blaring score, or the often incoherent action filming, or Nolan's general inability to have fun while also attempting to say something.

JP Jones said:
Christopher Nolan isn't a God.
if you're looking for things that kongisking ought to criticize about the movies, I'd go for the obnoxiously blaring score, or the often incoherent action filming, or Nolan's general inability to have fun while also attempting to say something.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
g_P7yi.jpg

Chris Nolan will be tomorrow's Shyamalan, or at least tomorrow's Tim Burton soon enough. One can only wonder what movie poster will cover the spot on the dorm room wall where Joe College once proudly displayed his Inception one-sheet.

Montana Smith

Nolan's general inability to have fun while also attempting to say something.

This is true of Inception. Nolan took his subject matter so seriously, yet failed to make the premise convincing. A Post-Inception Batman is in danger of doing the same.

JP Jones

Montana Smith said:
This is true of Inception. Nolan took his subject matter so seriously, yet failed to make the premise convincing. A Post-Inception Batman is in danger of doing the same.
I'm worried about a post-Inception Batman as well, only because nothing Nolan has done, especially with the Batman franchise, has been perfect. With that said, no one has ever criticized anything he's done. I think Inception could've done much better with a more dream-like feel. Does Nolan feel every movie, needs to take place in realistic, boring locales? Frankly, Inception needed a director who could take the audience somewhere besides the "American City" or "Miscellaneous mountain".

My point here is, if we want Christopher Nolan to get better as a director we can't just praise everything he does. While I like most of what he's made, there's room for improvement, and we need to point it out.

Montana Smith

JP Jones said:
I'm worried about a post-Inception Batman as well, only because nothing Nolan has done, especially with the Batman franchise, has been perfect. With that said, no one has ever criticized anything he's done. I think Inception could've done much better with a more dream-like feel. Does Nolan feel every movie, needs to take place in realistic, boring locales? Frankly, Inception needed a director who could take the audience somewhere besides the "American City" or "Miscellaneous mountain".

My point here is, if we want Christopher Nolan to get better as a director we can't just praise everything he does. While I like most of what he's made, there's room for improvement, and we need to point it out.

There's always room for improvement. What I liked about his take on Batman was his exposing of the mechanics behind the myth. It was in a tradition now accompanied by movies like Watchmen and Kick-Ass, or comics like The Ultimates. Nolan was literally recreating the myth of the Batman in a world we could recognize.

With Inception Nolan missed out the mechanics and went straight for myth, requiring a big "leap of faith" on behalf of the audience.

Somewhere in the middle is the perfect balance: a Batman who is mysterious, with abilities verging on the supernatural, yet based in the mechanics of a human world.

JP Jones

Montana Smith said:
There's always room for improvement. What I liked about his take on Batman was his exposing of the mechanics behind the myth. It was in a tradition now accompanied by movies like Watchmen and Kick-Ass, or comics like The Ultimates. Nolan was literally recreating the myth of the Batman in a world we could recognize.

With Inception Nolan missed out the mechanics and went straight for myth, requiring a big "leap of faith" on behalf of the audience.

Somewhere in the middle is the perfect balance: a Batman who is mysterious, with abilities verging on the supernatural, yet based in the mechanics of a human world.
BINGO! :) :)

roundshort

Now I have to see this movie. With Bill Cowher and 12 Steelers aging football players at Heniz Field.... Well something will be good! Go Steelers!

y'know...as much as I hate "reboot" and what it means to most movies, I won't fight it when the next Batman rolls in and we can forget all this silliness. Just a few years more...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
featofstrength said:
y'know...as much as I hate "reboot" and what it means to most movies, I won't fight it when the next Batman rolls in and we can forget all this silliness. Just a few years more...

See, here you lose me. I think the Batman series is very engaging. It's just white elephant art - too self-serious along with the good.

The Man

Banes speaks...AND SOMEBODY SITS ON THEIR CHIPS! EPIC!

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kR4hVwDhbIg?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

WillKill4Food

The Man said:
Banes speaks...
He sounds like a goofy old man, not even really creepy, just odd. (I mean, the Joker is supposed to be goofy, but Bane?) My hopes for this movie have plummeted. Surely that's not the actual voice that will be used in the film.

Last edited:

The Man

WillKill4Food said:
He sounds like a goofy old man, not even really creepy, just odd. (I mean, the Joker is supposed to be goofy, but Bane?) My hopes for this movie have plummeted. Surely that's not the actual voice that will be used in the film.

I agree. Sounds like a parody of evil.

I think the Batman series is very engaging. It's just white elephant art - too self-serious along with the good.

I agree with that. I like the Nolan films, but not so much that im going to place them on that towering pedestal above all other Bat-media as many do. I just wish those that do could relax and also find the same enjoyment in something like Batman:Brave and the Bold.

WillKill4Food said:
stephen_tobolowsky_ned_ryerson_groundhogs_day.jpg

Didja hear? Im working with Chris Nolan again! Just a few lines here and there and I have to wear a mask, but, hey, it pays well!

Last edited:

TheMutt92

It's interesting to see how a ton of people here and elsewhere on the internet have appeared to "jump ship" in just the past week: first Bane's appearance, than Catwoman's, now Bane's voice. I mean c'mon, at least give these guys the benefit of the doubt. Most of the material is spy footage and we have no idea at what stage these all take place at in the story. Plus, they still have a year to change things if need be.