TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #326
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Barnett, that is a very cool photo! Where did you get it? Thanks a lot! GRACIAS, AMIGO!

Check out his photostream too. It's AMAZING.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #327
Barnett College
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Barnett, that is a very cool photo! Where did you get it? Thanks a lot! GRACIAS, AMIGO!

I have NO idea, promissed.
I've been collector for over 20 years and got my files from everywhere. I don't really know where did I get each and every piece. Over 6 Gb, just in pictures. It's kinda nightmare :-P



Thank you, Stoo.
Bests
Barnett
Barnett College is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #328
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987


Maybe posted before but, somewhere, I have the corresponding UK newspapers features.
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #329
No Ticket
IndyFan
 
No Ticket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South America, 1936
Posts: 2,453
Wow some pics I've never ever seen before in here!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #330
Darwin Jones
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where the cup that holds the blood of...
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnett College
Great pictures, Darwin.
Nice to see you around.
I got your book. Great one indeed.

Bests
Barnett

Thanks Barnett!!!, Here I show you the great secret of Venice´s sewer !!!!
Darwin Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #331
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,986
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #332
michael
IndyFan
 
michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnett College


Is it just me or does Indy's stunt double look like an older Shia Labeouf?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Check out his photostream too. It's AMAZING.

Link?
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #333
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Check out his photostream too. It's AMAZING.

It is amazing, especially with The Raven's contributions...
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #334
Barnett College
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
It is amazing, especially with The Raven's contributions...
It's not funny anymore, Junior.
Raven's contribution between more than 20000 IJ pictures I have?
Maybe. You're free to remark that as much as you think you have.
I'm quite tired about your obstinacy.
You can't see more than 2500 pictures I already shared freely in one month. You see that there are maybe a couple of them from The Raven. And you talk me about invest time and money on this hobby. I've been collector for 20 years and I think I know what you're talking about...
As I told you, I cannot know the source of every picture I have. Even when quite a few of tham have been sent to me by mates and collectors... OR EVEN STUNTS, ACTORS AND PRODUCTION PERSONAL.
Anybody is invited to visit my Flickr accounthttp://www.flickr.com/photos/30281857@N08/, my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/darthkhantand my Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/ijpicturegallery/ to find these photos and to credit them if you wish.
This is my last word on it and I hope yours too.

Bests
Barnett
Barnett College is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #335
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnett College
It's not funny anymore, Junior.
Raven's contribution between more than 20000 IJ pictures I have?
Maybe. You're free to remark that as much as you think you have.
I'm quite tired about your obstinacy.
You can't see more than 2500 pictures I already shared freely in one month. You see that there are maybe a couple of them from The Raven. And you talk me about invest time and money on this hobby. I've been collector for 20 years and I think I know what you're talking about...
As I told you, I cannot know the source of every picture I have. Even when quite a few of tham have been sent to me by mates and collectors... OR EVEN STUNTS, ACTORS AND PRODUCTION PERSONAL.
Anybody is invited to visit my Flickr accounthttp://www.flickr.com/photos/30281857@N08/, my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/darthkhantand my Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/ijpicturegallery/ to find these photos and to credit them if you wish.
This is my last word on it and I hope yours too.

Bests
Barnett

Nope. Just a few more...

I don't doubt your awesomeness and applaud your benevolence in making the images available.

It is a matter of courtesy that images you have farmed via our community are acknowledged. It irked me that you refused to so and this is why you have unforunately suffered from my obstinacy. It is tiring, I agree, sometimes I get sick of it but your response was weak.

Ulitmatley, the images maybe a small portion of your collection but I feel it is important that as community we acknowledge the efforts of others and graciously direct them to the source.

Also, I'm not calling into question your '20 years' of collecting as I am sure your are the complete fan and hope that your project will go from strength to strength as it will be a major assess to our community.

My last work, I think....useless my obstinacy starts up again...
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #336
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Here's one for free...

JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #337
HenryJunior
IndyFan
 
HenryJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CRATE#9906753
Posts: 375
AhH! Too much cool stuff for my noob-self!
HenryJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #338
No Ticket
IndyFan
 
No Ticket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South America, 1936
Posts: 2,453
Found this... never seen it before.

No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #339
indyclone25
IndyFan
 
indyclone25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: midlothian Illinois just south of chicago
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Is it just me or does Indy's stunt double look like an older Shia Labeouf?




Link?
doesn't it look like harrison is saying "ok who blew it ?''
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #340
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Not particularly rare but fun nevertheless...

JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #341
Daley
IndyFan
 
Daley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 145
I've been absent for far too long, here are a few pictures I found, mostly on Tumblr.







Daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #342
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
I love your love for Willie!
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #343
foreverwingnut
IndyFan
 
foreverwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 123
Great thread! I have a few Indy articles that I've saved over the years. The photos may be familiar, but I wanted to share them any way.

I always liked this photo from the TOD set because it shows the clear attraction that Kate had for Steven.

This photo of Harrison and Ke appears elsewhere in this same thread, but I added this one as a curiosity to show how TV Guide blundered it by reversing the image. Indy's right sleeve should be missing.
[IMG]http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh511/foreverwingnut/img025.jpg[/IMG]
This is an atricle that appeared in US magazine in 1981. I got it out of my gramma's bathroom literature collection of all places!

Last edited by foreverwingnut : 06-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.
foreverwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #344
foreverwingnut
IndyFan
 
foreverwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 123

Last edited by foreverwingnut : 06-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
foreverwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #345
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
If you have any old printed articles please place them in the digital thread.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...429#post530429

Also, check through the thread as there is lots to read...

JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #346
foreverwingnut
IndyFan
 
foreverwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 123
There were several articles posted on this thread already, so I didn't realize I would raise an issue by sharing a very short article with press stills on a thread titled, "Rare Indy Photos". The search icon here is only helpful when the keyword matches an exact title, so it is possible for us newbies to miss something that got buried in the miles-and-miles of threads. Senior members often forget that they, too, were once new members and are quick to point out "old news" to newbies who have a legitimate question or idea. I know you meant no offense whatsoever, JuniorJones, it just seems that senior members have been here so long that they've forgotten what it's like to be here for the first time, full of wonder and excitement, ready to learn and share. I think it would be a better gesture if senior members wrote private messages to direct newbies to older threads, rather than humiliate them by posting a public response. Old news aside, there might be less bickering in these threads if more private messaging was utilized. It's just a thought.
foreverwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #347
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Here's one for Daley

I'm not going to pun this time...


Last edited by JuniorJones : 06-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #348
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwingnut
There were several articles posted on this thread already, so I didn't realize I would raise an issue by sharing a very short article with press stills on a thread titled, "Rare Indy Photos". The search icon here is only helpful when the keyword matches an exact title, so it is possible for us newbies to miss something that got buried in the miles-and-miles of threads. Senior members often forget that they, too, were once new members and are quick to point out "old news" to newbies who have a legitimate question or idea. I know you meant no offense whatsoever, JuniorJones, it just seems that senior members have been here so long that they've forgotten what it's like to be here for the first time, full of wonder and excitement, ready to learn and share. I think it would be a better gesture if senior members wrote private messages to direct newbies to older threads, rather than humiliate them by posting a public response. Old news aside, there might be less bickering in these threads if more private messaging was utilized. It's just a thought.

I really don't know how to respond to that except to say that I am sincerely sorry that you are so sensitive not recognise when the "old-boy's" are trying to help out.

Oh! and this a picture of me every time I think or do anything Indiana Jones...

JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #349
foreverwingnut
IndyFan
 
foreverwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 123
It's all good, JuniorJones. As I said, I knew you meant no offense- none of the senior members ever mean intentional disrespect. I just wanted you "old guys" to remember what it was like when you, too, were Raven green-horns. I loved the photo and that is the look on my face,too, when I think about Indy!
foreverwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #350
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member
 
JuniorJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scannerland.
Posts: 1,987
Sometimes it's best to tip a Fedora and accept a bit of advice...

...and now another rare picture for us to all gorp at...

JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.