Hasbro figures for $2.86 at Wal-Mart!!!!

Billy Ray

Believe it or not, a local Wal-Mart here in San Antonio has the Indy figures marked down to only $2.86! What's probably more unbelievable is the fact that I walked out of there without purchasing a single one of them:eek: They were all Mutts, RPG Indys, Sallahs, Belloqs, Cairo Swordsmen, and Monkey Men. There were a couple of Russian Soldiers, a Spalko, a Marion, and an Ugha. I went through every figure looking to at least find one with better paint jobs than what I already have...but no dice. Thinking about going back and picking up a few to do repaints on or use for customs or spare parts at least.

Insomniac

Billy Ray said:
Believe it or not, a local Wal-Mart here in San Antonio has the Indy figures marked down to only $2.86! What's probably more unbelievable is the fact that I walked out of there without purchasing a single one of them:eek: They were all Mutts, RPG Indys, Sallahs, Belloqs, Cairo Swordsmen, and Monkey Men. There were a couple of Russian Soldiers, a Spalko, a Marion, and an Ugha. I went through every figure looking to at least find one with better paint jobs than what I already have...but no dice. Thinking about going back and picking up a few to do repaints on or use for customs or spare parts at least.
Wow lucky you!!!(y)
I'd pick up some of the Ughas and Russian soldiers would make some awesome custom figures.

Wugmanmax

3 of the Walmarts in my area have them for $3 too. I suspect all of them are selling them at this price, as there was no markdown sign at any of the stores, yet they still scanned at $3. This is the time to keep your eyes peeled for TOD cases getting thrown out in the mix.

Insomniac

Wugmanmax said:
3 of the Walmarts in my area have them for $3 too. I suspect all of them are selling them at this price, as there was no markdown sign at any of the stores, yet they still scanned at $3. This is the time to keep your eyes peeled for TOD cases getting thrown out in the mix.
I'm hopping to get lucky tomorrow at target and find some Last Crusade and possibly some TOD.

indyclone25

my local target was fixing their toy aisle and indian jones wasn't apart of it any longer --- target will no longer be carrying indy toys --- sad to say

good deals, if i hadnt already paid full price back when they came out. I saw the Last Crusade wave out in full force for 3 bucks each. picked up a Henry Sr so i could get a teacher suit for Indy

bonoferox

Yeah my walmarts marked them down to 2 for 6 and Jungle Cutter was 12.00 with deluxe figures at 7.00 Not bad, but there were plenty there to make the prices drop a little more.

DearGrailDiary

bonoferox said:
Yeah my walmarts marked them down to 2 for 6 and Jungle Cutter was 12.00 with deluxe figures at 7.00 Not bad, but there were plenty there to make the prices drop a little more.

ARRGHH! All I wanted was either the Troop Car or the Jungle Cutter but there were none to be found at my local store. I had a few standard and deluxe figures in my hand with customs in mind but ended up just putting them back. Really, at this point I've purchased all the Raiders and Crystal Skull figures I'd ever need from those launch lines that now litter Wal-Mart shelves.... and to think, I was running around like a mad man May 1st. (not that I don't love each and every figure that came out).

Insomniac

3 dollars each because I checked at Wal mart!!!
Today was the last day you could send in the stickers so I filled another sheet for the ark and the crystal skeleton.

Can't wait !!!(y)

I went looking for figures today at the Walmart. They actually raised the prices to $7. :confused: The rest of the line was a bit higher as well. The only thing they had on sale/clearance was the Mutt knife set. This must not be a chain wide sale, and I'm surprised that they raised the prices by $1.50.

Gear

Give my money to Wal-Mart?

F*ck no.

I avoid that store whenever I can and feel crappy whenever I leave it knowing I bought some piece of trash from them.

Wal*Mart can take their cheap, poorly made widgets and stick em all up it's ass.

mfisher

Wal*Mart can take their cheap, poorly made widgets and stick em all up it's ass.
.... uhhh. ok.. so how is it if I buy an Indiana Jones figure at WalMart it is a "cheap, poorly made widget".. but if I buy it at target it isn't ??? anyhoo... Thanks for the heads up on the good prices..

Gear

mfisher said:
.... uhhh. ok.. so how is it if I buy an Indiana Jones figure at WalMart it is a "cheap, poorly made widget".. but if I buy it at target it isn't ???

If you buy a product from Wal*Mart you have a 1 in 4 chance of buying a defective object. My mom worked for them. If you'd like I could enlighten you on more of their little secrets.

mfisher

1 in 4 huh... I must be the luckiest guy ever to beat those odds consistantly.. I have shopped there for years and never had a defective purchase... I'm gonna go buy a lotto ticket now :gun:

Kevin

gear guardian said:
If you buy a product from Wal*Mart you have a 1 in 4 chance of buying a defective object.

I'm sure this is true for many products sold at WM, but I don't think it holds true for fungible products like Indy figures.

San Holo

I just got back from 'ol WallyWorld and they have the figures marked down to $1, deluxe for $5, and vehicles for $9....(y)

Vance

gear guardian said:
If you buy a product from Wal*Mart you have a 1 in 4 chance of buying a defective object. My mom worked for them. If you'd like I could enlighten you on more of their little secrets.

The first secret is that you're utterly full of crap?

I'm sure that Wal*Mart goes to Hasbro and says "don't give us the same toys that you ship to everywhere ELSE, we want the crappy ones in the exact same packaging - that's how we get them!"

Sorry, I do a lot of shopping at Wal*Mart, and Target, and other places. The only time I see posts and comments about how 'bad' Wal*Mart is is from wanna-be social elitists that want to prove how 'elite' they are by badmouthing the store that 'poor people' shop from.

Lambonius

Vance said:
The first secret is that you're utterly full of crap?

I'm sure that Wal*Mart goes to Hasbro and says "don't give us the same toys that you ship to everywhere ELSE, we want the crappy ones in the exact same packaging - that's how we get them!"

Sorry, I do a lot of shopping at Wal*Mart, and Target, and other places. The only time I see posts and comments about how 'bad' Wal*Mart is is from wanna-be social elitists that want to prove how 'elite' they are by badmouthing the store that 'poor people' shop from.

I'm poor and I love Wal-Mart! More power to 'em!