Indy in 3D?

QBComics

Hell yes! I could honestly care less about 3D, but to be able to see my favorite movie of all time on the big screen!?

That's just too good to be true. :whip:

Indy's brother

Since this has been officially debunked, anybody want to take a stab at naming a scene from any of the 4 films that would translate well to 3D? I'll go on record as saying that the angel of death that got in Belloq's face at the end of ROTLA would be pretty freaky coming out of the big screen at us....

The Drifter

Mola Ram extracting the heart and holding it while it burns could be cool in 3D.
Or the part in Last Crusade where we are looking through the periscope and Indy smashes into it face first.

Goodeknight

So, Blue Sky Disney says Lucas plans to rerelease Indy in 3D, too.

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/

It looks like Star Wars will have some company...

When George Lucas revealed that the Star Wars Saga was getting converted to 3D, many wondered was this just the start of something for Lucasfilm?

It is.

Next month, Lucasfilm will announce that they're converting the Indiana Jones Saga to 3D as well. The films will be converted and released in a similar fashion as the Star Wars films with "Raiders of the Lost Ark" the first out of the gate.

Lucas has been bitten by the 3D bug since "Avatar" showed the possible/promise of the technology, so other parts of the Lucasfilm catalog could be on the horizon as well...

mattzilla2010

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Or the part in Last Crusade where we are looking through the periscope and Indy smashes into it face first.

YES. This is reason enough to make Lucasfilm reconsider. :p

I think the random fall-on-the-windshield guy in Raiders would be awesome in 3D. ;)

I'm your Goddamned partner!

...or: I know you will!

135.jpg

188.jpg

041.jpg

381.jpg

169.jpg

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

The ark scene in 3D would me amazing..... but sadly indy will never get this treatment..... they would do Howard the duck in 3D before Indy ):

Darth Vile

As someone who lives in the UK (where screenings of older movies are almost impossible to come by) I just want to see the f*cking things back on the big screen again. At this point I'd take 'smellovision'...

Goonie

mattzilla2010 said:
Personally, I'm not a fan of the 3D fad (at least I hope it's just a fad) but honestly I would jump at the chance of seeing the first 3 on the big screen.

Same here, but if this gives me a chance to see Raiders and Doom on the big screen, I'm in! (y)

mattzilla2010

Whoooa, that's really cool! Good thing I just happen to have a pair of those old red-and-blue glasses. ;)

So I guess that's what Raiders would have looked like if they made it in 3D in '81.

mattzilla2010 said:
Whoooa, that's really cool! Good thing I just happen to have a pair of those old red-and-blue glasses. ;) So I guess that's what Raiders would have looked like if they made it in 3D in '81.
Damn! Got to get myself a pair,(;) )...how does it look?