question about internet explorer

indyclone25

on my son's computer (which runs on vista)when he hits the icon to go to internet explorer..... after the screen comes up it has a pop saying that the internet explorer is not working and it closes . but if i go to the program section of his computer and hit right click internet explorer it says it will do it without the addons and he can suf the net that way without seeing video , as i was trying to figure what was causing his internet explorer not to work i think i found out that the flash player was causing the program not to work properly , but i havent figured out how to find the flash program to delete it and see if it will continue to work ? anyone that might know what i am trying to do please help me get his computer working , cause i would hate to take to best buy for them to fix .

Montana Smith

indyclone25 said:
on my son's computer (which runs on vista)when he hits the icon to go to internet explorer..... after the screen comes up it has a pop saying that the internet explorer is not working and it closes . but if i go to the program section of his computer and hit right click internet explorer it says it will do it without the addons and he can suf the net that way without seeing video , as i was trying to figure what was causing his internet explorer not to work i think i found out that the flash player was causing the program not to work properly , but i havent figured out how to find the flash program to delete it and see if it will continue to work ? anyone that might know what i am trying to do please help me get his computer working , cause i would hate to take to best buy for them to fix .

If you can find an Adobe .pdf, open it and click on the help tab. Select online support and that'll get you to the official Adobe page. From there you can search their products for updates. My XP system was doing odd things while surfing until I downloaded and installed "flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe"

He might have some similar issue with an out of date flash product.

If you still need to delete Flash Player, I found mine in Windows/system32/Macromedia/Flash.

indyclone25

i was able to get him on but i have him leaving the window open , so it doesnt close up again , til i figure what he needs to fix , i tried updating the flash player and it says it was compatibale with his version of vista.....so i still have work to do on it .