A Serious Man

TheMutt92

The new film by the Coen Bros...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iggyFPls4w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iggyFPls4w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

DocWhiskey

Sweet. Another trailer that tells you nothing about the plot. But it still looks great haha.

I'm a sucker for the Cohen Brothers.

Chicago Jones

I hope this trailer is not misleading like Burn After Reading. Even though I loved Burn After, I was expecting something different the first time around.

deckard24

Great trailer! Not a lot of big names which is interesting to see, as most of the Coen Bros. last few films have had pretty strong ensemble casts with well known actors.

Forbidden Eye

Nice to see a Coen brothers film that doesn't have George Clooney. (y)

Not sure if its suppose to be a comedy or more serious.

Forbidden Eye

Did anybody manage to see this yet?

I have. Well...it was very funny, but not being Jewish and not knowing that much of the backgrounds, I did feel I was missing something by the end of it. Those who didn't like No Country's ending are going to loathe this movie. LOL

Chicago Jones

Forbidden Eye said:
Did anybody manage to see this yet?

I have. Well...it was very funny, but not being Jewish and not knowing that much of the backgrounds, I did feel I was missing something by the end of it. Those who didn't like No Country's ending are going to loathe this movie. LOL

I saw it a few weeks ago. It was really really good! THe story was so original and the of course the characters are amazing! Should win best screenplay in my opinion.

but I agree it is a very Jewish movie and you would benefit if you are of jewish relations I guess....

Dr. Gonzo

Watched this last night. I am (according to the film and the jewish faith) a goy (non jew) who really enjoyed this movie. It was as most have said a very jewish centric film but I liked it.
Loved the end... the father talking to the doctor/the son in the tornado.

Anyone else seen it?

TheMutt92

I actually just watched the other night. Its easily one of their best, but it doesn't touch The Big Lebowski or No Country For Old Men for me. This film definitely deserved its Oscar nominations, though its a pity this wasn't extended into the acting departments.

Dr. Gonzo

I did not know that this is one of the nominations for Best Picture at the Oscar's this year. Well I guess they did have ten spots to fill. Good work Coen's.

phantom train

I saw A Serious Man recently; being a big Coen Brothers fan from way back, I really enjoyed this film. It was kind of a departure for them (and seemed semi-autobiographical), but it was still very interesting and well done. I kind of saw it as a story about someone whose ordered life was thrown into chaos by events beyond his control. The late '60's setting also added to this, and was very much spot-on. You really felt like you were there - the song by Jefferson Airplane that kept being played really added to this.

I also liked the ambiguous ending with the hurricane/tornado. I really enjoy endings like that, though I know not everyone does.