TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?
Absolutely!!! I'm in lala land 51 35.66%
Maybe...but not today. 53 37.06%
No, not with any of the current creators and members. 19 13.29%
Heck no, no denial issues here. 8 5.59%
I may not like it, but a Re-boot is possible within the decade 18 12.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #76
Salacious
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
In 1989 Lucas still had some small semblance of sanity left in him. He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

LOL! So true!
Salacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #77
Salacious
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
I don't agree with Agent Spalko that this new movie is going to be disappointing but I do agree totally that George Lucus must be stopped right now. I don't even know what to write about this article. I had a huge rant typed out and just deleted it. I really hope Harrison and Spielberg maintain the integrity of the movies and don't allow this to happen. The movies are called Indiana Jones, not Mutt Williams and allowing the main character to be secondary like that is a slap in the face of the last three films and this new one.

Um....Mutt's biggest fan is Speilbergo. He'd kill to direct him in another adventure movie. It was probably his idea to get the son in there too...and to cast Labeoff in it. They like each other.....alot.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #78
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Picture this: not only is Indy Mutt's sidekick in "Indy 5", but Indy loses his right eye during their adventure and has to wear an eyepatch.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #79
nitzsche
IndyFan

I think more so than Lucas having lost something over the years, it's a part of the fanbase that lost something. You people have lost your heart and part of your soul. Just go sulk and be emo someplace else. No one cares about you anymore. There is nothing being created for you anymore. You are no longer the target audience. Go away and pout someplace else.
nitzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #80
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacious
Um....Mutt's biggest fan is Speilbergo. He'd kill to direct him in another adventure movie. It was probably his idea to get the son in there too...and to cast Labeoff in it. They like each other.....alot.

"My boy Shia."
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #81
Michael24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_True_Believer
Don't hold Shia's past against him when he's done much better since then.

Actually, when you sit down and watch it, Even Stevens was a really good show. I loved it.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #82
Yure
IndyFan

I'm just grateful that the movie I'm gonna see next week is gonna be pure Indy. For the future, who can tell. I don't think anyway Harrison would endorse an Indy movie where he features as a mere sidekick. A spinoff... who knows, too much of a distant future, but at this time I'm concentrated on Indy 4, and that will be 100% classic Indy, and that's fine to me
Yure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #83
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzsche
I think more so than Lucas having lost something over the years, it's a part of the fanbase that lost something. You people have lost your heart and part of your soul. Just go sulk and be emo someplace else. No one cares about you anymore. There is nothing being created for you anymore. You are no longer the target audience. Go away and pout someplace else.

How old are you kid? 12? You weren't even born when the real Indiana Jones films were made. You don't know Indy.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #84
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Quote:
Agreed. I think the thing they lost was girlfriends!

Plus if history has shown anything, Lucas doesn't care what people think cause he'll do what he wants.
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #85
Kernunnos
IndyFan

Quote:

No, you go away.

The suggestion that Indiana Jones should be devalued and relegated in this way is absolute blasphemy. Only a complete utter mongtard could possibly defend it.
Kernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #86
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernunnos
No, you go away.

The suggestion that Indiana Jones should be devalued and relegated in this way is absolute blasphemy. Only a complete utter mongtard could possibly defend it.
Dude, Indy cannot last forever as HF is pushing 70. If this is a way to continue the adventure while still incorporating Indy then I say cool! It's better than not having HF at all.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #87
jamiestarr
IndyFan

Quote:
How old are you kid? 12? You weren't even born when the real Indiana Jones films were made. You don't know Indy.

As a person in my 30's let me say this, the "kid" is right.
jamiestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #88
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Guys, just come out and say it: a TRUE fan would hope and pray that Shia will not take the lead.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #89
Salacious
IndyFan

Quote:

Well, I cannot deny that since I am not part of the ADD generation. I am 30 yrs old...guess Hollywood dont care about me anymore. Fine with me! I grew up in the golden age of movies in the late 70's and 80's and early 90's!!! Truely the best generation of movies from Hollywood came from those times.

You new younger fans can have Mutt Williams, Speed Racer, Spiderman, etc etc. The only true blockbuster movie I have liked in the last 5 years has been Batman Begins...it blew me away. Everything else wasnt that great.

Rest in Peace Indy! Bring on Mutt! I'll be happy to spit at the posters on the wall of movieplexes!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #90
nitzsche
IndyFan

No, you selfish spoiled rejects need to grow up. Give a little to the next generation. Ford was delighted to be part of Young Indy. He may not want to do Lucas' idea, but a Mutt Williams series is a perfectly fine idea. You're all just so damn selfish and totally arrogant to assume you should have any control or say over any of this beyond simply saying, "I won't be going to a Mutt Williams movie" PERIOD. You don't have to go to it, you don't have to even go to KOTCS if it bothers you so much Shia is in it. But you have to consider your sanity by hanging around and discussing something you hate so vehemently.

So again, you go the hell away.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #91
Kernunnos
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiestarr
As a person in my 30's let me say this, the "kid" is right.

The "kid" is a total tosser if he thinks Indiana Jones can play the lesser character alongside a pansy little mong like Shia La Poof.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #92
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
Guys, just come out and say it: a TRUE fan would hope and pray that Shia will not take the lead.
What makes a true fan? I see the films, own the DVD's and have the soundtracks and eat at Burger King!

That's more fanboy BS! I'm a movie fan and if they make another film I'll see it, cause I'm a true fan, and I'm 30!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #93
Salacious
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegojones
Dude, Indy cannot last forever as HF is pushing 70. If this is a way to continue the adventure while still incorporating Indy then I say cool! It's better than not having HF at all.

As blasphemous as this will sound....I would rather have Indy recasted and have Indy adventures continue instead of....I cant even say it....Mutt.... ....Williams.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #94
Agent Spalko

That kid has obviously never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. If he did he would never say such blasphemy.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #95
Skipper
IndyFan

Quote:
That kid has obviously never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. If he did he would never say such blasphemy.
Sometimes I get the impression that a lot of people on this board are Raiders fans first and Indy fans second. I'm the other way around.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #96
Kernunnos
IndyFan

Quote:
No, you selfish spoiled rejects need to grow up. Give a little to the next generation. Ford was delighted to be part of Young Indy. He may not want to do Lucas' idea, but a Mutt Williams series is a perfectly fine idea. You're all just so damn selfish and totally arrogant to assume you should have any control or say over any of this beyond simply saying, "I won't be going to a Mutt Williams movie" PERIOD. You don't have to go to it, you don't have to even go to KOTCS if it bothers you so much Shia is in it. But you have to consider your sanity by hanging around and discussing something you hate so vehemently.

Mutt Williams having his own series? Fine. The current generation of deformed little drips can have that.

Just don't humiliate Indy by making him less important than that greasy little flid.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #97
A_True_Believer
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegojones

I disagree. I would rather see the character go out on a high note than watch him slowly wither away in a humiliating fashion.

In other words: "No Indy is better than 'Sidekick Indy'".
A_True_Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #98
Salacious
IndyFan

Quote:
\ But you have to consider your sanity by hanging around and discussing something you hate so vehemently.

Uh....yet you are here doing the opposite. I'd question your sanity as well. Now go change your diaper.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #99
nitzsche
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernunnos
The "kid" is a total tosser if he thinks Indiana Jones can play the lesser character alongside a pansy little mong like Shia La Poof.

This 37 year old kid knows Ford playing Indy will never come across as a lesser character under any circumstance. Ford knows what he is doing and that's why he is so praiseworthy of Shia and gladly accepted the KOTCS script which includes a son for Indy.

Deal with it.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #100
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Quote:

Not that a movie is an equal comparison but how did that work for the founding fathers discussing their hatred for England?
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote