Should've been more like National Treasure or The Da Vinci Code

movieguy23

I think the storylines for both "National Treasure" (the first one) and "The Da Vinci Code" were far better and had more of an Indiana Jones feel to it then this new sequel.

Grizzlor

National Treasure was only slightly more watchable than Tomb Raider, and the Da Vinci code was one of the worst book to film movies I've ever seen. This film was much better than all of those.

Avilos

movieguy23 said:
I think the storylines for both "National Treasure" (the first one) and "The Da Vinci Code" were far better and had more of an Indiana Jones feel to it then this new sequel.

Both of those were caricatures of Indiana Jones!

Its very frustrating to me that so many fans would have rather had a derivative
storyline. One that tried to copy the early films. So it felt safe and comfortable.
Like a mother who cut's her kids food in really small pieces even as a teen.

Last edited:

Salacious

movieguy23 said:

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

And I didnt even think Indy 4 was all that great too. Yikes! :eek:

MarxBrosFan

movieguy23 said:

Funny, in one of my comments on this message board or IMDB I said I thought this film was too MUCH like National Treasure. I think it was the way everything was rushed in the last half of the movie.

Avilos said:

storyline. One that tried to copy the early films. So it felt safe and comfortable.

Crystal Skull was a charicature of Indiana Jones, derivative storyline that felt safe and comfortable with no danger or suspense... like a mother who cuts her kids' food into really small pieces.

MolaRam2

Avilos said:

Temple of Doom was very different from Raiders, but kept a distinctively Indy feel. KOTCS feels nothing like an Indy film, it feels like the 'Epic Movie' version of Indy instead of a real Indy film.

Goonie

MolaRam2 said:
Temple of Doom was very different from Raiders, but kept a distinctively Indy feel. KOTCS feels nothing like an Indy film, it feels like the 'Epic Movie' version of Indy instead of a real Indy film.

Hopefully no movie producers out there will read this or you will give them an idea for next year's February spoof release Adventure Movie.

Goonie said:
Hopefully no movie producers out there will read this or you will give them an idea for next year's February spoof release Adventure Movie.

All they have to do is re-title Kingdom of the Crystal Skull since it pretty much spoofs itself.

Avilos

MolaRam2 said:

Your completely contradicting yourself! How was ToD very different from Raiders "But Still Indy like" but KotCS not?? Each film in the series has some similarities to what has come before but many more differences. All there was to judge a Indy film by before ToD was Raiders. By the "Raiders style" ToD was not "Indy like" either! But they wisely expanded what was possible for the character with each film. Thats what is great about Indiana Jones. Variety. Otherwise we would have seen -

Raiders II and Raiders III and Raiders IV!

Like many other movie series.

Some of you think that if you repeat these vague, meaningless attacks at the movie over and over gain - They will become facts! But you forget that there are people who are going to challenge your nonsense.

Last edited:

Jones_Happens

Agent Spalko said:
Crystal Skull was a charicature of Indiana Jones, derivative storyline that felt safe and comfortable with no danger or suspense... like a mother who cuts her kids' food into really small pieces.
Man, the metaphors are getting very shaky in here...yikes!

BTW it is a good idea to cut your child's food into small pieces to reduce the choking hazard.;)

Horchata

Avilos said:

You put that so well. I agree 100%:gun:

agentsands77

movieguy23 said:
NATIONAL TREASURE was awful, and THE DA VINCI CODE gave new meaning to "tedium."

StoneTriple

Avilos said:

I agree. I'm surprised at how many people just wanted a trip down memory lane as oppossed to a new & different Indiana Jones adventure.

Jones_Happens

It's funny because when most fans see a film like "National Treasure" they say it's a lame rip-off of Indy. Now there fans asking for Indy to be like his lame rip-off counterparts!:(