What crossovers would be possible with Indiana Jones?

Hello all,

Sorry for the silence on my part but when I have nothing really to add or tell I in general stay quiet and just read what other people post here.

Some time ago when I was playing with the idea of a shared universe in which some of my most favorite science fiction and action movies can co exist with each other without requiring any or little to limited rewriting/squeezing one's eyes to let discrepancies pass I played with a little while to also include Indiana Jones in it.

Still I felt that having Indiana Jones living or having lived in the same universe in which the events of Alien, Predator, Blade Runner, The Thing, Terminator, and Robocop also happened would still not work.
The Indiana Jones stories may have had their gruesome and horrifying parts but I still feel they are more light hearted in general than the other mentioned movies/franchises.

I do think however that Indiana Jones would be able to co exist with other movie, comic, or video game franchises, some of their events occurring at the same time as Indy has his adventures, or before Indy's time, or after Indy's lifetime.

Now in general I am not really into crossovers, but more because of the lacking execution of these than the concept itself. Writers in general just don't seem to be able to come up with good stories why characters of two different franchises would be able to meet up with each without it altering one franchise or both in order to make it work.

Wolfenstein (well Return to Castle Wolfenstein/Wolfenstein 2009).
I honestly think Indiana Jones and B.J. Blazkowicz could co exist in the same universe, that both their universes could be one.
There are of course the zombies, the mutants/cyborgs and advanced science weapons but this was always part of the "secret history of world war 2", things the troops of the allies did not get to see because Blazkowicz was able to stop the Third Reich before it could harness these in the war.
I would not be surprised if Indy and Blazkowicz were colleagues during world war 2 when they served in the US army intelligence department.

Rocketeer. This connection is probably bit less obvious but Cliff Secord and the jet pack could exist in Indy's universe.
The rocketeer comic on which the movie was based was inspired by 30's, 40's, and 50's Saturday matinee serials, something George Lucas was also inspired by when creating Indiana Jones.
And Secord had his own run in with Nazis along with gangsters, villain types Indy of course also faced.
A direct run in between the two would probably be unlikely but perhaps Indy would read about the Rocketeer in newspapers.

Conan the Barbarian. Okay now I am not actually suggesting that Indy would meet Conan but rather than many of the civilizations and cultures of its time or even before it (in the era that Conan lived there were many ruins of fallen older civilizations and even non human civilizations) which relics, cities, and temples could still exist during Indy's lifetime. (perhaps along with some of the creatures?)

What other famous characters and franchises would be able to co exist with the Indy universe without requiring any alterations to fit in?

Plaristes

There are a number of Wold Newton stories published in which Indy or some of Indy's supporting cast have met characters from other franchises.

Indy has met: Bruce Wayne, Hercule Poiret, Jules de Grandin, Dirk Pitt, Judex, and Varney the Vampire (among others). And don't forget he's met Dracula, too.

Henry Jones, Sr. has met Mowgli and Sar Dubnotal.

Anna Jones and Remy have met the Nyctalope.

Rene Belloq is in a story that draws upon human prehistory from authors like Edgar Rice Burroughs, H. Rider Haggard, H.P. Lovecraft, and J.R.R. Tolkien.

I've got a series of articles about these crossovers in the Indymag.

Kai Hagen

Indiana Jones with...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uj-nN1xPMGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>