Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Dr.Sartorius

Major West said:
I took these the day after I got the jacket. By comparison my lambskin jackets feel like slipping on a cardigan now.

Raiders Pre-distressed Hide. Click the thumbnail for bigger pic:

If you don't already own a LC jacket I think this skin would be a good option. As above though, I really like the jacket. It's thicker, a little heavier, but the more it's worn the more it breaks in. Already had some 'that's a cool jacket' looks from people.

Looks great....What is the back length?

Major West

It's just under 25.5 inches. According to my measurement.

Was out wearing my Wested Last Crusade jacket the other day. I've only had it about 5 months so it's still looking quite new. None of the wear you see in
the film. :D

Click for larger pic:

The one I bought 'in store' when I visited wested. I tend to use both the front pockets in these jacket. If you look closely at the picture you can see they have stuff in them.

Last edited:

Indy McFly

I am a big last Crusade fan as well. I bought mine pre-distressed, and then wore at all over Britain for a week so it started to get the worn in look. It takes time to get a good look and you cannot be afraid to get down and dirty with the jacket.

Major West

Indeed. My instinct is to take care of clothing but I'm embracing the bad weather at the moment. Deciding which jacket needs the punishment before I leave the house and wearing them for as long as possible.

Indy McFly

Major West said:
Indeed. My instinct is to take care of clothing but I'm embracing the bad weather at the moment. Deciding which jacket needs the punishment before I leave the house and wearing them for as long as possible.

Dont forget Indy basically got his butt kicked wearing his jacket. It took the pounding. :gun:

Drones33

Major West said:

Definitely the way to go. I tend to want to do the same: keep my stuff safe and be overly careful with it. Once I`d made the decision to let my jackets get as beaten up as possible however, it was very liberating. These days my novapelle Last Crusade jacket is never off my back, come rain or come shine. Great.(y)

Glenville86

I have a dark brown novapelle Raiders jacket being delivered by DHL Monday. They turned this around in about 2-weeks from the order date. I have had a couple of the Wested LC jackets and prefer the Raiders ones better. Out of my multiple Indy jackets, almost all are Raiders. My LC by S&J fits very well and looks great. The Wested ones have really weird looking very pointy collars that I don't like.

Major West

I have two last crusade jackets. One Goatskin and one Authentic Lambskin (pictured above) The collar just seems to hang better and retain the correct memory on the lambskin one. The goatskin collar just sits flat and as a result looks quite pointy. Incidentally the Authentic Lambskin is the thicker leather of the two jackets, maybe that factors into it. Obviously the goatskin is the bulletproof material but it's half the thickness of the authentic lambskin, which feels more substantial and is the more comfortable. As a personal recommendation to people considering the two I would say get the authentic lambskin. Keep seeing posts where people have put their goatskin jackets through hell to age them a bit. Just get the lambskin in the first place. :D Just IMO.

Novapelle seems to be gaining popularity as a skin and it looks really good from what I've seen. I saw on the wested instagram page they were talking about it and Drones33 jacket looks great as well. Will probably get a jacket in that skin myself at some stage.

Last edited:

Drones33

Thanks Major, the novapelle is really nice. Very thick and heavy but extremely soft too. I thoroughly recommend it as a skin.

Drones33

Glenville86 said:
I have a dark brown novapelle Raiders jacket being delivered by DHL Monday. They turned this around in about 2-weeks from the order date. I have had a couple of the Wested LC jackets and prefer the Raiders ones better. Out of my multiple Indy jackets, almost all are Raiders. My LC by S&J fits very well and looks great. The Wested ones have really weird looking very pointy collars that I don't like.
I'll be very interested to read your views on your new novapelle when it arrives (y)

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
I'll be very interested to read your views on your new novapelle when it arrives (y)

Will do. I think this is a tough skin to get a consistent color in. I have read some people say it is very dark brown and others say it was much lighter than expected.

Drones33

New Wested Hero...This one fits!

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I decided to get rid of the Hero I`d bought that was too big and go down a couple of sizes smaller than my usual, ( I really think Wested should give this as a recommendation for the Hero), and the difference is remarkable. It arrived a couple of weeks ago looking very new and pristine. Since then I soaked it in the shower and wore it until it was almost dry. Then a couple of days later when I was sure it was completely dry I gave it a pretty heavy coat of Pecards, left it for a couple of hours before wiping off the residue, and I`m really pleased with the results. Its conformed to my shape nicely and, more importantly in my book, darkened down a couple of shades.
hero2_1_by_00177840-d9pz73b.jpg

hero2_7_by_00177840-d9pz73q.jpg

hero2_5_by_00177840-d9pz73m.jpg

Glenville86

Drones33 said:

It came today. The dark novapelle is not very dark at all. It looks very much like my US Wing Import Steerhide jacket but more grayish than tan. Leather texture looks the same. Not sure I like the novapelle leather that much. The fit and finish is very well done.

Drones33

Glenville86 said:
It came today. The dark novapelle is not very dark at all. It looks very much like my US Wing Import Steerhide jacket but more grayish than tan. Leather texture looks the same. Not sure I like the novapelle leather that much. The fit and finish is very well done.
I`d heard that the dark brown can look quite grayish. Are you disappointed with it or do you think its a keeper?

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
I`d heard that the dark brown can look quite grayish. Are you disappointed with it or do you think its a keeper?

Not sure yet if it will survive the clothing donation people who come around every 3-months. ;) I could treat it but honestly have done a few jackets with pecards and it is just a bit time consuming and messy. Maybe it will look different if I wet it down in the shower.

Also got an on sale US Wings USA made Legend in striated lamb. Nice jacket. Nice dark color and a heavy lamb. Funny thing is I cannot see very much in the way of striations in the leather but suppose they will develop some with wear. Seems funny after having the BK and S&J that are way heavy in striations.

Major West

Drones33 said:
and I`m really pleased with the results. Its conformed to my shape nicely and, more importantly in my book, darkened down a couple of shades.

Looks excellent (y)

So you feel it needed to be darkened down then. I've ordered a Temple of Doom jacket in Shrunken Lambskin that might arrive this week, just wondering what to expect.

Drones33

Major West said:
Looks excellent (y)

So you feel it needed to be darkened down then. I've ordered a Temple of Doom jacket in Shrunken Lambskin that might arrive this week, just wondering what to expect.
From what I can gather the colour of the shrunken lamb can vary a bit. When it arrived my hero had an almost chestnut brown colour. Bit lighter than the pre distressed cow. Still great, it's just that I always see the Raiders jacket as quite dark. A soaking darkened it enough for my taste. Lovely leather too.
I'll be keen to see your TOD, I think that particular cut will really lend itself well to shrunken lamb.

Major West

Yes I see what you mean. Curious to see how the ToD jacket turns out.

Some more shots of the pre-distressed Hide jacket. It's been a cold week and this jacket with it's thickness has definitely been worthy and kept the cold out I will say.

Click for bigger pic: