Infernal Machine on Wii???

wolfgang

I really Indiana Ones and the Infernal Machine. I never got done with it. I got stuck in the level before the last! Do you guys think there is any way I can download it on my Wii?? Do you guys think I'll be able to in the future? I know Fate of Atlantis will somehow be able to get download once Staff of Kings arrives. SO it got me thinking.....oh well. Nobody will probably think is a game worthy of selling on Wii CHannel. BUT I DO!:(

Arab Swordsman

wolfgang said:
I really Indiana Ones and the Infernal Machine. I never got done with it. I got stuck in the level before the last! Do you guys think there is any way I can download it on my Wii?? Do you guys think I'll be able to in the future? I know Fate of Atlantis will somehow be able to get download once Staff of Kings arrives. SO it got me thinking.....oh well. Nobody will probably think is a game worthy of selling on Wii CHannel. BUT I DO!:(

Dude, settle down and go read the Staff of Kings thread. It's going to come as an unlockable for the Wii version.

wolfgang

Arab Swordsman said:
Dude, settle down and go read the Staff of Kings thread. It's going to come as an unlockable for the Wii version.

How sure are you of this??? I know Fate of Atlantis will be unlockable, but will Infernal Machine be as well??? I went into the staff of kings thread, but that has 107 pages!!!!!

Morning Bell

I doubt we'll see IM on the Wii unless they decide to put it on the Virtual Console as a download, although that seems extremely unlikely. If you have an N64 I'd recommend just hunting down a copy for that system.

DocWhiskey

Arab Swordsman said:

Fate of Atlantis is an unlockable NOT Infernal Machine.

SS Indy

Would be great if they released Infernal Machine as a Virtual Console download around the same time when Staff Of Kings comes out.
Europe never even got the N64 release. (n)

But like others have said, it's very doubtfull. :(

DocLathropBrown

I own the 64 release and it's awesome. However, a virtual console release would be the bee's knees, as for the process, 64 games get a higher res upconvert to 480p. And let me tell you, they look WAY better than they ever did on the N64. Crisp and clean, though, it doesn't add polygons or anything.

But I doubt we'll ever see IM on the Virtual Console. One, it's a licensed title, and those generally get ignored on the VC, and two, it's notoriously hard (read:impossible) to emulate because of the way Factor 5 twisted the N64 architechture to get such great graphics and VFX out of it.

If we were to get any Indy game on the VC, it would probably end up being "Greatest Adventures" for the SNES. Which is great, but give me IM any day. Still, to me, the definitive Indy game. FoA is, of course, on it's own level of greatness.

Ska

I don't think anyone's 100% sure about what systems get what exclusives (including FoA).

I'm not even sure LucasArts knows what the hell they're doin'.

Morning Bell

I think FoA is supposed to only be on the Wii version, while the playable scenes from the first three films will be on the PSP version.

It appeared that way last time I checked but it might have changed since then.

The Magic Rat

Morning Bell said:
I think FoA is supposed to only be on the Wii version, while the playable scenes from the first three films will be on the PSP version.

It appeared that way last time I checked but it might have changed since then.

What a stupid gimmick to get people to buy multiple copies.

Morning Bell

I'm still not sure if that's 100% confirmed. Last time I checked that was the way it was shaping up but "anything goes" with this game.;)

LawgSkrak

It makes sense for FoA to be an unlockable on the Wii version. Point and click, after all.

But i think it's lame you have to buy the Wii version to get FoA. It should just be available to buy from the Wii Store.

Crack that whip

LawgSkrak said:
But i think it's lame you have to buy the Wii version to get FoA. It should just be available to buy from the Wii Store.

You'd still have to buy a game either way, and this way you get two games for the price of one. I think a lot of people would rather pay for just one game and get both than have to buy both separately...

Col. Detritch

I've been reading around the web for a while once I heard of this development and FoA is coming out with the Staff of Kings, only on the Wii version. As for Infernal Machine which I dealy love... nothing unfortunatly:(

The Tingler

LawgSkrak said:
Yes, but what if I don't want to buy the Wii version?
Then you have to find a copy of the PC version! :D

As for Infernal Machine... with Fate of Atlantis being unlockable and Secret of Monkey Island getting a Special Edition, there's definitely more hope now then there was before. It's definitely possible. Not likely, but possible!

Raiders90

Is there any possibility of Infernal Machine ever being re-released to work with modern PCs? For that matter, what about Emperor's Tomb? I actually preferred Emperor's Tomb to Infernal Machine...Infernal Machine's gameplay seemed very slow to me in comparison to Emperor's Tomb which was just awesome.