Little help for a new guy? Indys's bag

Hell Ghost

Hey guys,

First a shout of thanks to Gilles for hooking up the loging..thanks MAN! :whip:

next is there anyone here that has for sale or knows where i can buy the MK VII bag? I have checked all of the original places, from the indyfan site lising and eveyone is eather sold out or doesn't respond. And of course i'm watching ebay.
I had one lead on there but the lady after i poined out the price in the ebay store, desided to change the price to 2 time the original.....sorry cheep :mad: gripe...

anyways little help??

Thanks,
H.G.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

You can buy a repro from What Price Glory, http://www.whatpriceglory.com/mkviibag.html

If you want an original one, you should check out Soldier of Fortune. http://www.1944airborne.com/reenactors/index.htm Code: BE719 British WWII --> Equipment --> Field Equipment

Hell Ghost

Give me a little help on that?

I can't sign up for an account over there bacause i only have my yahoo mail account. i have tried email the admins but i never hear back from them :confused: ... can some one let them know i need a hook up?

thanks all

HG :D

Snakewhip_Sable

I got mine from Soldier of Fortune in the UK a few weeks ago; unfortunately, they doubled the price, so they go for 20 pounds now. See link above - they ship SUPER fast! From the UK to Canada in two days!

War Eagle

Hell Ghost said:
I can't sign up for an account over there bacause i only have my yahoo mail account. i have tried email the admins but i never hear back from them :confused: ... can some one let them know i need a hook up?

thanks all

HG :D

I registered and am actually listed as a member, but never got a confirmation e-mail so I could post.

Marcus Brody

Howdy! :whip:

First of all - Hi to everyone, because I am new here!

I'm also looking for that nice Indy bag and I think the one from www.1944airborne.com is just great!

I would really like to buy it, but I'm mot sure of the right color. It says there are 3 colors availabel: "W & G TAN", "M & G Green" and "H & suns green".

So, I'm not sure... maybe one of you guys can help me? That would be brilliant!

Many thanks in advance!

Greetz
Marcus Brody ;-)

PS: Sorry for my bad english... :eek:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I think that 71 euros for a MkVII is way too much. You can get them a lot cheaper from eBay.

makmakmak

I have one to sell

<s>Hello: I do have a MV II bag in excellent condition which I brought from MBA costume but the bag is those with the black strip on the surface and I also need to keep the leather strap for myself, I can sell it for US$40.00 excluding postage or US$49.00 postpaid.</s>

You are not allowed to sell your stuff in here. Please use eBay. http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=6597

Last edited by a moderator:

Snakewhip_Sable

Soldier of Fortune quadrupled the price a week after I got mine - they realized what they had and what some people were willing to pay for it. ...unfortunately.

Panama Tom Jr.

Have you tried Todds costumes? They have repro MkVII bags - actually the same kind as you get from WPG. They are a little dark to be screen acurate - I'm leaving mine outside in the sun to naturally bleach it out...

Snakewhip_Sable

The sun should also kill any mould or musty funk it has, if it has any. Good call. Todd's will also have a screen accurate strap and buckle, won't it?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well I heard that the Deluxe Strap or something like that is really good.

Neolithic

I have a mint, unissued MkVII and a brand new OD repro from Todd's costumes. Side by side, Todd's bag just needs a little lightening- but not by much- I think it's pretty much dead on.

Seriously, the repro from Todd's or WPG is perfect for your needs. If you want the bag for everyday use- go with this one, there's no need to daily use a real MkVII- I see them as being too precious. You can beat up a repro without having to damage a piece of history.

I went with the deluxe strap from Todd's as well. I just replaced the chicago screws on the back as they come in gold when they should be silver. Nice solid buckle on it though... :)