A Guide to Gear and Props. What to buy?

eazybox

Todd's jackets are probably the most accurate Raiders replicas available anywhere at this time; they were developed from the exact measurements of a screen-used stunt jacket. At $150, his Standard is also a great value and holds up very well with regular use. If it is screen accuracy at an affordable price that you want, you won't find a better example anywhere.

Those who have always dreamed of owning the Ultimate Raiders Jacket, and also have deep pockets, are about to see their dreams come true courtesy of Tony Nowak...

Jack

The_Raiders

I was going to get a wested but after I spent $127 on my christy adventuerer (yet to arrive) I didn' want to spend over $200 on a jacket so I'm sure I'll be pleased with todds jacket, that within the price range I want.

indy34

eazybox said:
Todd's jackets are probably the most accurate Raiders replicas available anywhere at this time; they were developed from the exact measurements of a screen-used stunt jacket.

Jack
He did the same with the shirt to(y)

eazybox

The_Raiders said:
I ordered the todds jacket last night, I live in texas so about how long should it be before it arrives?

I got mine about a year ago, but if I recall correctly, I received it in PA in about a week.

Jack

The_Raiders

eazybox said:
I got mine about a year ago, but if I recall correctly, I received it in PA in about a week.

Jack

Alright, so about a week for the jacket, and a week or so for my christys adventurer which I ordered about two or three days ago?

eazybox

The_Raiders said:
Alright, so about a week for the jacket, and a week or so for my christys adventurer which I ordered about two or three days ago?

I would give both items at least 2 weeks and maybe even a little longer before you start to get concerned.

Delivery times depend on a lot of variables including whether or not the item is actually in stock when you order. Todd frequently runs out of one size or another, so if you need the hat and jacket right away, I would inquire about it to make sure of when they will be sent to you. Hornets hats usually ships within 2 days of your order.

I think Todd can also provide you with tracking information so that you can find out where your jacket is at any given time.

Jack

Nurhachi1991

Glad someone else agrees with me! I mean hey it doesnt have to be 100 percent screen accurate it looks close enough to me almost looks like the jacket Young Indy wore in Mexico on Spring Break adventure

The_Raiders

I'm the kind of person who is very picky about screen accuracy but if someone else finds something they like I'm not going to tell them not to get it. IF you like it I say go for it. (y)

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
I'm the kind of person who is very picky about screen accuracy but if someone else finds something they like I'm not going to tell them not to get it. IF you like it I say go for it. (y)

Oh I'm the same way bro I have spent alot of money on things because they had to bee screen accurate I spent 250.00 on a Pharoahs jacket from American Graffiti

But when you don;t have the cash a nice substitute doesnt hurt (y)

indy34

eazybox said:
I would give both items at least 2 weeks and maybe even a little longer before you start to get concerned.

Delivery times depend on a lot of variables including whether or not the item is actually in stock when you order. Todd frequently runs out of one size or another, so if you need the hat and jacket right away, I would inquire about it to make sure of when they will be sent to you. Hornets hats usually ships within 2 days of your order.

I think Todd can also provide you with tracking information so that you can find out where your jacket is at any given time.

Jack
I've had that happen I ordered Todd's holster it took 2 months to get to me because he was out of stock.

The_Raiders

Just got my Todd's jacket!

I came this even and saw a package on the couner which happened to be my Todds jacket. I instantly geared up (which I still am) and put it on. It fits like a glove and its excedes my expetations by far, lol our air conditioner is broken, the jacket is squeaking and smells kinda funny but I'm lovin it! (y) :D (y)

EvilDevo

Can anybody give me some tips on distressing a canvas gas mask bag?

I bought one similar to the MK VII at an army surplus store... but it's way too green and new looking.

Or is there a thread already established somewhere around here? I searched but found nothing.

EvilDevo said:
Can anybody give me some tips on distressing a canvas gas mask bag?

I bought one similar to the MK VII at an army surplus store... but it's way too green and new looking.

Or is there a thread already established somewhere around here? I searched but found nothing.

I don't know if there's another thread in here about it, but I know there is a tutorial on distressing these bags at Todd's Costumes website. You can search here, and if you don't find anything I'd go to the forums at indygear.com and see what you can find there.

Kevin

robisindy said:
I don't know if there's another thread in here about it, but I know there is a tutorial on distressing these bags at Todd's Costumes website. You can search here, and if you don't find anything I'd go to the forums at indygear.com and see what you can find there.

I would be careful about using that tutorial; I tried using it in May when I got my first MK VII from Magnoli, and ended up ruining the thing with bleach stains :mad: I followed the directions implicitly too, so it's not like I went hog wild with the bleach. Everything else in that tutorial is great (get it wet, crush it, stomp on it, fill it with dirt, bury it, abrade with wire brush, leave it in the sunlight, etc), but I would stay away from the bleach, or at least test it on an area of the bag which won't be seen (i.e. inside divider).