Complete Modern Figure list

Montana Smith said:
I think this site has a complete list:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ.asp

I'd love to have seen those cancelled & rumor items...

Deluxe Indy with a Map trap? Soul Trap?

My guess is a melty Toht would have been paired with the Ark Ghost...that would have been an awesome set. (The Ghost is on my short list for customs...I may finish it by 2032.)

Funny that they do not mention any of the actual "Lost" wave figures...

Lance Quazar

ddschneider1972 said:

They clearly stopped bothering to update at a certain point. Hence, no pictures of vehicles and other items.

I'm just glad they managed to take pics of the "Doom" wave.

We miss you, Mr. Curto!!!!

Montana Smith

ddschneider1972 said:
I'd love to have seen those cancelled & rumor items...

Deluxe Indy with a Map trap? Soul Trap?

My guess is a melty Toht would have been paired with the Ark Ghost...that would have been an awesome set. (The Ghost is on my short list for customs...I may finish it by 2032.)

'Soul Trap' makes me think of the trap in Ghostbusters!

It's an intriguing list:

Cancelled & Rumored Items

BASIC: Colonel Dietrich
BASIC: René Belloq (White Suit)
BASIC: Walter Donovan

DELUXE: Indiana Jones with Map Trap
DELUXE: Indiana Jones with Rocket Sled
DELUXE: Indiana Jones with Soul Trap
DELUXE: Indiana Jones (Young) with Horse
DELUXE: Short Round with Mine Cart
DELUXE: ??? with Ark Ghost
DELUXE: ??? with German Side-Car

VEHICLE: Duck Boat
VEHICLE: Flying Wing

The first three figures were major omissions. The German Side-Car would have been a must, but the Flying Wing might have been an undersized disappointment.

Lance Quazar said:
DAMN YOU, Montana!!!!!

Only by a minute.

Seems like we've been frequenting the same establishments!

I.M.J.

Montana Smith said:
But the Flying Wing might have been an undersized disappointment.

I dunno man.... at 3 3/4" scale the flying wing might've been able to be done correctly. I mean, in the movie it was only a one seater with a cargo hold! I think Has-butt could've pulled it off at even a smaller package than the mega-scale falcon that they released a while back.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Still adding little things to the main site.

Found a different list of cancelled figures:
12" Indiana Jones Cancelled Toys:
MOLA RAHM
INDIANA JONES 4 W/GUN ACTION
UGHA WARRIOR W/BLOWGUN

4" Indiana Jones Cancelled Toys:
BELLOQ (Possibly a Cairo/Excavation version of the character, per rumors before the line's end.)
BASIC INDIANA JONES CAIRO (This may have been a non-action feature version of Cairo Indy, per rumors.)
COMIC PACK ASST
IJ IN TUXEDO
ZOMBIE INDY
FEDORA & SNAKE
GERMAN SOLDIER (Possibly a rumored castle German Soldier.)
IJ W/CROSS OF CORONADO
KAZIM IN FEZ
DIETRICH
PUNJAB RIFLEMAN
TEMPLE PRIEST
VOGEL & GERMAN CASTLE GUARD
DR MARCUS BRODY
DLX FIG WILLIE SCOTT
DLX FIG IN ON MOTORCYCLE (Possibly a rumored Desert Motorcycle w/Sidecar.)
DLX FIG YOUNG INDY ON HORSE
DLX SHORT ROUND AND MINE CART

MISSOURI JONES

On all these lists nobody has listed the mean sergent.
Where did he fit in?
We had a prototype and somebody casted the head.
Was he with the truck?

inky_skin

MISSOURI JONES said:
On all these lists nobody has listed the mean sergent.
Where did he fit in?
We had a prototype and somebody casted the head.
Was he with the truck?

I believe he was intended as a pack-in for the truck when it was originally destined to have a breakaway windshield play feature.

Lance Quazar

On the rebelscum forums, we've seen pics of young Indy with hat and tack, which seems to jibe with this list in addition to couple of "comic pack" Indy figures which seem inspired by the Marvel comics.

But also a Katanga prototype has surfaced which looks extremely legit and yet is not mentioned here.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1082983/

Thelaw2000

I can confirm that Katanga was planned for a comic pack. I spoke to Darryl DePriest at the 2011 SDCC. He was very disappointed that the line never made it past wave 4. He specifiacally mentioned Katanga as being a part of the comic pack assortment as he had appeared in issues 15 and 16 of The Further Adventures.
The way he spoke, the comics, combined with the basic and deluxe assortments, would have all but given us everything we could have ever imagined by the end of 2009!:(

Lance Quazar

Thelaw2000 said:
I can confirm that Katanga was planned for a comic pack. I spoke to Darryl DePriest at the 2011 SDCC. He was very disappointed that the line never made it past wave 4. He specifiacally mentioned Katanga as being a part of the comic pack assortment as he had appeared in issues 15 and 16 of The Further Adventures.
The way he spoke, the comics, combined with the basic and deluxe assortments, would have all but given us everything we could have ever imagined by the end of 2009!:(

Welcome to the Raven!!! Thanks for the info. Interesting to hear it was for a comic pack. (and consistent with that mystery guy on rebelscum who possesses 3 different Indy comic pack prototype figures.)

Hot damn, those would have been amazing toys. Would have loved to talk to DDP about the plans for this line.

Thelaw2000

It was a great time, talking to him about what might have been. He seemed to have been really excited about the comic packs and the 2009 line as a whole. It was going to be really exstensive (close to Star Wars level!) He talked about how the comic packs would have given us characters we (at the time) wouldn't have really considered as likely candidates for a year two assortment (that's when he mentioned Katanga, which I personally wouldn't have pegged for the second year).
Most of what he talked to me about was generalized or things we've since learned, but it still fun to talk about it (I was carrying around my bags full of the Lost Wave, so Indy was the only thing on my mind that year!...my buddy was complaining that I never asked him anything about the Star Wars stuff...or G.I. Joe or anything else, but Indy was the greatest missed opportunity).

Thelaw2000

I wish there were a collector's club and/or subscription service like G.I. Joe and Transformers. I'd never pay those crazy prices for them, but Indy? Sign me up! And I know there has to be existing tooling for items we never got, even beyond what we've seen in just prototype form. We Indy fans are a smallish group, but I truly believe that we're so starved for figures that we'd come close to filling the same number of orders as those subscriptions (whatever the numbers are)...certainly close to the Ghostbusters numbers when it was going on!
I got a little off topic for this specific thread, but man I still miss this toyline!

Lance Quazar

Thanks for sharing the info. That's amazing and depressing at the same time. Heck, even if we had gotten just one wave of maybe 3 different comic packs, it would have been glorious.

Some kind of exclusive "club" for Indy figures would be great, but even at a premium price, it probably wouldn't be worth it to Hasbro.

Most of those "exclusive" GI Joe club figures are just kitbashes and repaints. Which makes it all the more absurd that they charge so much for them. Talk about gouging your fanbase! But, heck, it's not like there isn't the market for them amongst a certain niche corner of the collector market.