Star Toys Indiana Jones figures line

Davidblue

Anyone know the story of the Star Toys Indiana Jones figures line?
As Lucasfilm gave license to a Spanish company? :confused:

Montana Smith

Davidblue said:
Anyone know the story of the Star Toys Indiana Jones figures line?
As Lucasfilm gave license to a Spanish company? :confused:

I think they were just happy that anyone wanted that license.

The Kenner line in the 1980s died off after a couple of years.

LJN took it and only made three figures. They planned more plus a playset but never put them into production.

Star Toys was just another company having a stab at it, but at a lower quality.

Hasbro also failed to give their last wave a general release.

Davidblue

Many people think that the Star Toys had no license, but both boxes as the figures are identified with the inscription 1987 Lucasfilm. Wikipedia also says that Lucasfilm gave license to Star Toys. That have not been successful gives more value to collectors.

Davidblue

I have two: with rats and with light jacket. I know there's one with brown hat and winter jacket, with watch, with snake and with alligator. All except those who wear jackets have bare chest. All has whip, bag, belt, hat and long gun.
I am curious about how Star Toys acquired the license from Lucasfilm, because I think that these figures are very rare. They are little known.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Davidblue said:
I have two: with rats and with light jacket. I know there's one with brown hat and winter jacket, with watch, with snake and with alligator. All except those who wear jackets have bare chest. All has whip, bag, belt, hat and long gun.

So they packed him more than three ways. I was looking at an old Tomart guide that just mentioned three.

Shirt:

$T2eC16N,!zEE9s3!Won3BR)Eu0kFY!~~60_35.JPG

Snake:

spanfront.jpg

Alligator/Crocodile:

spanindycroc.jpg

Watch:

spanindywatc.jpg

Jacket/Compass:

indycompass.jpg

Rats:

indyrats.jpg