My Indy costume... a work in progress

Drones33

First a quick note to the mods...
I had every intention of tagging this along with an existing thread, however because this one is going to be about the progress of my Indy costume; replacing my "these'll-do-for-now" stuff with more accurate and authentic pieces, I've taken the liberty of starting a thread, the idea being to post anything related to my Indy gear just within this thread. Hope that's ok with you guys. :)

This is my gear. So far...
indiana_jones_by_00177840-d7tt5wk.jpg

My hat is from a German company called "AdVintage", well worth checking out if you haven't already. I went for the "AdVintage Junior Fedora with Raiders bash"
The jacket is a Wested. Very resilient it is too. Got it for my 40th, that was seven years ago, and its just beginning to get a bit of character. I'm considering a touch of weathering. Maybe...
The bag is from "Nomad Travel" and is imaginatively called "The Indiana". Comes with a really crappy strap, which I immediately replaced with the one you see, from "SOFmilitary". I know the buckle is too low, I do have a Wested strap with the buckle in the right place, I prefer this one though.
The holster is from "Epic Militaria" and my pistol, though its not shown here, (Didn't fancy waving a revolver round in my garden in Liverpool, never know who's watching ;) ) is the Denix Webley.
The rest of the gear consists of "these'll-do-for-now" items which I'll go into in more detail next time. :)

Last edited:

jsarino

Looks like some good progress so far with your costume. :) What's next for you? Looks like you're missing a whip. :whip:

sheffsteve

Looking really good so far. Looks like you need a better webbing belt though. Oh, and one more thing, surely it's not a 'costume'? It's a set of Indiana Jones clothes!

Drones33

sheffsteve said:
Looking really good so far. Looks like you need a better webbing belt though. Oh, and one more thing, surely it's not a 'costume'? It's a set of Indiana Jones clothes!

Of course. That's just what I meant to say:)

jsarino said:
Looks like some good progress so far with your costume. :) What's next for you? Looks like you're missing a whip. :whip:

Yup, still missing a whip. In the midst of whip research.

Grizzlor said:
Looks perfect to me.

Thanks. Still a way to go yet...:whip:

Last edited by a moderator:

S. Dakota Jones

Oh yeah, that's waay better than my first attempt lol. Of course I was a kid then. My Indy stuff has only really begun to accumulate over the last year or so lol.

Great stuff there, it looks the part which is most important if you ask me.

What shirt do you have?

Drones33

S. Dakota Jones said:
Oh yeah, that's waay better than my first attempt lol. Of course I was a kid then. My Indy stuff has only really begun to accumulate over the last year or so lol.

Great stuff there, it looks the part which is most i
mportant if you ask me.

What shirt do you have?

indy__no_jacket_by_00177840-d7tt5e1.jpg

The shirt, believe it ir not, is from Primark about 2 years ago. ( on reflection I should`ve bought about ten and stuck`em on ebay!) My Wested shirt is due to be dilivered any day now...(y)
The trousers are from good ol` marks & spencers.
I`m after a dark brown webbing belt from Todds, he`s out of stock last time I checked though.

Finn

Staff member
Drones33 said:
First a quick note to the mods...
I had every intention of tagging this along with an existing thread, however because this one is going to be about the progress of my Indy costume; replacing my "these'll-do-for-now" stuff with more accurate and authentic pieces, I've taken the liberty of starting a thread, the idea being to post anything related to my Indy gear just within this thread. Hope that's ok with you guys.
For the record: As you can probably see by now, it is. Gear-themed "cosplay" and other fan creations are subjects where we certainly allow individual showcases instead of forcing people to try and get seen among others of similar makings.

That being said, the upkeep appreciates the fact that you paid some mind for it regardless. :hat:

As a clarification, though... for you all. While we allow personal threads, we'd prefer though if you'd still keep similarly-themed work of yours in a single place. If you're an avid drawer for example, please use that single thread as a portfolio for all your work, instead of opening a new one for every scrap or sketch you make.

---

Now that we've got that out of the way... cool duds.

sheffsteve

I recently got an SOFMilitary webbing belt and I have to say I'm incredibly happy with it. It's the lighter colour so not ROTLA but it is excellent.

Drones33

Finn said:
For the record: As you can probably see by now, it is. Gear-themed "cosplay" and other fan creations are subjects where we certainly allow individual showcases instead of forcing people to try and get seen among others of similar makings.

That being said, the upkeep appreciates the fact that you paid some mind for it regardless. :hat:

As a clarification, though... for you all. While we allow personal threads, we'd prefer though if you'd still keep similarly-themed work of yours in a single place. If you're an avid drawer for example, please use that single thread as a portfolio for all your work, instead of opening a new one for every scrap or sketch you make.

---

Now that we've got that out of the way... cool duds.

Thanks Finn :)

Drones33

Wested Shirt

My new shirt arrived yesterday from the Mighty Wested. I`d read mixed reviews of the Wested Shirt, but I must say I`m very happy with it. :)

Whip next I think.

Drones33

Boots

Ive been looking out for a pair boots to go with my gear, (can`t really justify £400 for a pair of Aldens, and Todd`s Indy boots are out of stock) and came across these from Ted Baker. Not bad, and although I don`t think they`re manufactured anymore the do turn up on ebay occasionally, and from a site called "Branch309".(y)
boot3_by_00177840-d7w6c2k.jpg

boot2_by_00177840-d7w6c04.jpg

boot_by_00177840-d7w6btl.jpg

Drones33

Bullwhip Display Case

Started making a perspex display case for my new bullwhip, when it eventually gets here...:)
case_by_00177840-d7w6e16.jpg

jsarino

Nice casing there when your whip does arrive. :) Thanks for the tip on the Ted Bakers. Browsing through the Branch309 site. I take it you got this pair thru eBay, and Branch309 has a page there?

Edit: I do see the pair on their site (not on eBay). The price isn't too shabby either! Too bad they have only one size available.

Goodeknight

Nice boots. Do you own a pair? Are they comfortable?

One minor caution with the whip case. Make sure the leather can breathe in there. I know you want to avoid dust and such, but you don't want to open it up one day and find a mildewy whip. Leather needs to breath. That's why you don't store leather jackets in in plastic garment bags. Same with shoes, purses, etc., etc.

Drones33

Nah, was outbid for the boots in my size (was in work when bidding closed so missed it) worth keeping eyes peeled on ebay and branch309 though.

Thanks for the display case tip (y)

Drones33

Boots...pt2

After my disappointment at being outbid for the boots I wanted to go with my Indy Gear, came across these on ebay: "Tyrone" they`re called, by "AskTheMissus". Not Aldens of course but they look pretty good with the rest of the gear...
indy_gear_by_00177840-d7x4jq5.jpg

S. Dakota Jones

I like the boots.

The only thing I don't like about Aldens is that they have the smooth sole. Not exactly what you would want while traveling through jungles and deserts lol.

Danner makes an Indy-esque boot in the "less than Aldens" range but they do have a large "Danner" stamp on the outside ankle.