What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Stoo

replican't said:
And I wonder if the Stoo that posts the stupid comment afterwards is the one we all know and not love?
No love from you?:D Without even clicking on your link to look, I can assure you that it's not me.:p

Forbidden Eye

I didn't finish reading that article, and I know the poster has something of a reputation of a "troll" here at The Raven so its rather pointless to respond, but I don't agree with that article that Ford has a reputation as a "grandfather who tells you stories". If anything, he is like himself in the old days in that he's rather shy and a bit socially awkward when doing interviews and such.

No one is saying Ford should be the lead of Star 7-9(though technically, he was never the "lead") it would be cool to see him in a supporting role as an older Han reluctant to jump back into action, but ultimately jumps in when he is needed.

I won't even bother to touch on other points he makes.

Forbidden Eye said:
I didn't finish reading that article, and I know the poster has something of a reputation of a "troll" here at The Raven so its rather pointless to respond, but I don't agree with that article that Ford has a reputation as a "grandfather who tells you stories". If anything, he is like himself in the old days in that he's rather shy and a bit socially awkward when doing interviews and such.

No one is saying Ford should be the lead of Star 7-9(though technically, he was never the "lead") it would be cool to see him in a supporting role as an older Han reluctant to jump back into action, but ultimately jumps in when he is needed.

I won't even bother to touch on other points he makes.

How can you touch on the other points when you didnt finish reading the article? Maybe you need to exercise your attention span muscle?

Harrison Ford in the next Star Wars? Oh please, have a word with yourself.

Dr. Gonzo

replican't said:
This guy pretty much nails it:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/harrison-ford-old-badass/201282716.php

And I wonder if the Stoo that posts the stupid comment afterwards is the one we all know and not love?

I hate the term "Yolo" but this was a laugh and a HALF...

10688.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

Wearing makeup apparently

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Clvs1E2XdE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pale Horse

Staff member
I was going to make a joke about makeup...

but then I realized he looks like Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Toht's Arm

The rumours keep flying that the powers that be are pursuing Ford for The Expendables 3. It doesn't sound like his style to me, but if - and it's a big if - Ford did get cast in it, maybe seeing him in another action movie would reinvigorate Indy V plans...

Mickiana

Toht's Arm said:
The rumours keep flying that the powers that be are pursuing Ford for The Expendables 3. It doesn't sound like his style to me, but if - and it's a big if - Ford did get cast in it, maybe seeing him in another action movie would reinvigorate Indy V plans...

It's tenuous, but the mere suggestion gets my hopes up.

Indy's brother

There is no doubt that there is a worthy story to be told with today's Ford at the helm. Will it get done? That's where the doubt lies. Doubtful at best. Nobody is interested enough in doing it.

He looks better in these photos than he has for a while, but just do a quick Google and have a look at photos of him 5 years ago when KOCS was being made. He's aged, and if he looked pretty rough and ridiculous doing those stunts in KOCS - which he did - then whats the point bothering to drag him back out on the big screen again?

Raiders was so cool because it was Han Solo with a hat on, having adventures, blagging it, smirking and getting the birds and the treasure. He was in his late 30s - perfect for leading man hearthrob action status. The Hugh Jackman of the 80s, essentially. The women wanted him and the men wanted to be him.

People here talk about changing that formula to accommodate pensioner Indy, and fail to see the boat has sailed a long, long time ago. Why, in God's name, why would you want to do that? Just so you can see Indiana Jones at the cinema again?

Have some dignity.

Montana Smith

replican't said:
People here talk about changing that formula to accommodate pensioner Indy, and fail to see the boat has sailed a long, long time ago. Why, in God's name, why would you want to do that? Just so you can see Indiana Jones at the cinema again?

Have some dignity.

Indeed.

Indy's worst enemies are his his fans. They'd have him return for one more go, only to end up being more pathetic than the Grail Knight.

Or the formula will be amended to accommodate him, and it won't be Indiana Jones but something else merely bearing his name.

Indy pimps will whore their hero until he can barely stand, and his clientele will only be composed of a very small number who get the hots for that kind of thing.

Hence, a niche movie.