Star Wars films (Benioff and Weiss)

curmudgeon

And a second new series of Star Wars films was just announced to be written and produced by Game of Thrones' David Benioff and DB Weiss.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

These films also don't have release dates set, nor does it say how many films this series is expected to run. They also aren't part of the Episodic Skywalker Saga.

With two separate film series in the works and several standalone spin-offs, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Lucasfilm is about to start overlapping productions and releasing multiple films per year.

Lambonius

curmudgeon said:
With two separate film series in the works and several standalone spin-offs, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Lucasfilm is about to start overlapping productions and releasing multiple films per year.

Audiences: "Star Wars is already so over-saturated in our popular culture."

Disney: "Hold my beer..."

Pale Horse

Staff member
I think it's more like this:

Lambonius said:
Audiences: "Star Wars is already so over-saturated in our popular culture."

Disney: "Hold my [highlight]beer[/highlight]..."

CHOCOLATE MILK

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Started a new thread.

Iger: "They're focused on a point in time in the Star Wars mythology and taking it from there."

Prediction: The real reason Padme died was giving birth to Luke and Leia's triplet, Warwick Davis. Grudgingly raised by Vader, always skulking around the Death Star with a drink and a sexy alien. Boba Fett champions for him over the Sarlacc pit. Fortunately his intimate siblings don't reproduce, but he still gets a tyrannical nephew.