Shia LaBeouf in Indy IV

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
James said:
Indy is not really a character I want to see dealing with a paternity claim.
Child support for a grown man? Shia is wussier than I thought.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
*LOL*

Apparently the bean spilling LaBouf is generating even more news stories with his name in it:

From Collider:

Check out what Faraci has got to say to that right here:
At first it’s surprising to hear this – I mean, the source of these rumors, to be frank, is the guy denying them. He spilled the beans to Kellvin from Latino Review, and I’ve heard from other people that he’s been mentioning it as well. But then I go back and listen to his words, and it’s obvious that this is not a full denial. He doesn’t have a deal. He doesn’t have a part. He doesn’t have anything set. These are all in line with what Variety ran, namely that he’s in talks.

What this all sounds like is a little bit of a game is being played. Someone tells Variety he’s in talks, he’s coy about it in the press – the buzz is being built while Shia gets to be very humble about the whole thing. I’ve heard more than once about an actor who lost a part because he was running around telling everybody he had it before the deal was done.

...but ignore his pessimism in the last sentence (in case you followed the link)...

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

He may have shot himself in the foot with all his blabbing.

If he was only in TALKS for Indy IV, why would people be saying he's confirmed? :confused:

KDuncan

Don't know, but hopefully it never will be confirmed. My mom saw that on TV and she almost died. I want a movie about Indy, not his offspring. :whip:

James

Shia's involvement doesn't concern me as much as what role he will be playing. I hope the "son" aspect was just speculation on the part of whoever leaked this rumour of Shia's involvement. The Indy jr. idea certainly doesn't appear to have triggered a positive reaction in most fans.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
torao said:
Apparently the bean spilling LaBouf is generating even more news stories with his name in it:
Now this one's actually interesting. It turns all the recent speculation upside down, as according to them, there indeed is a role for Indy's spring, only that LaBeouf hasn't been conracted to it, but simply considered as a possibility.

This son thing, and why how many are not so hot into it, can be easily asserted. No one wants a 20something teen idol running around with whip & guns trying to be like Harrison Ford. That would be the cheapest way to go.

But, if instead, it would be LC reserved. For his own uneasiness, Indy finds that his flesh and blood doesn't come after his father, but in fact his grandfather. Something of a frail scholar who gets into the thick of it against his will, and has to resort to his father to make it out of it alive. And no sudden heroics in the finale either... if you really have to get the "passing the hat on" -feeling into the end, leave it open, free for any kind of interpretation.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Can't anyone around here just post a pic of this guy? I have no idea what he looks like nor how good an actor he is. I have never heard of him till these rumours.

Dr.Sartorius

shia4th.jpg

Finn

Staff member
It might just be the angle and the shadows, but he's got something... we could, while lacking any better words, describe as phoenix.

fedoraboy

Dr.Sartorius said:
He may have shot himself in the foot with all his blabbing.

I agree, if the big three are going to so much effort to keep this all hush hush, the last thing they want is this little weiner running around hollywood telling everyone he's playing Indy Jr.

But, am I the only one who finds this line from LaBeouf worrying...

LaBeouf: "...I wish I knew more and was able to tell more. I don't know where the script is, I don't know if they're shooting it. I know Lucas said something about it at the Rose Parade, where they were going to gear up. But what does gear up mean? They've been gearing up for 15 years! I have not been approached, I don't have a contract, nobody's explained the character to me."

From what he is saying here it sounds like the future of the movie, i.e. will it shoot at all, isn't even certain...could it be that LaBeouf has been hiding under a rock and isn't aware of the fact it's lensing in June, or could Spielberg be getting cold feet and the project is being back tracked and maybe pulled...when you consider LaBeouf said this a few weeks ago...

?I'm trying to work it out. I don't want to loose the role to another actor so I really can't say much but it will be announced very soon.?

In this quote LaBeouf seems a lot more certian of the project, at least as if he has spoken to Spielberg about it, and therefore should know the project's status...

Is it to good to be true, will Indy be pulled again...I PRAY IT WON'T but these quotes from LaBeouf seem familiarly confusing and vague, like the stuff we've been hearing from the big three for the past 10 years, and with no official cast announcements yet, surely Connery's involvement or lack of should have leaked by now (OT but why's the main Raider Net page posting 2 month old news articles like they are new?? - the Scotsman article) is the project going to disappear altogether...or am I being pessimistic cos it's a Monday morning...

misnomer

nah Im pretty sure its going ahead. They wouldnt be doing themselves any favours with the fans in pulling the plug after all this!

Finn

Staff member
This movie's been smoke and mirrors for the past 15 years. I expect nothing less from its preproduction.

misnomer

without a doubt, Indy 4 has gone through hell, but I'm still surprised by the the skepticism...the scripts done, harrison's there and the berg has made an official announcement, setting a release date!

I'm shocked that there are those who still think this movie isn't going to happen, what more do you need?

As for Le Beouf.....he's a joker. My guess is that he's been running around telling people he's in the movie...so that his noted interest lands him a part. I doubt there has ever been anything concrete, and I doubt if he'll be in the movie. It's certainly not the most diplomatic...or smart way to go about things

XMarksTheSpot

Ugh...It would be nice to see that Indy finally settled down for 2.5 seconds and had a son. But I sure as heck wouldn't want that Son to be played by Shia Lebouf. He bothers me beyond belief. I don't know what it is but he is just...annoying. (n)

Either way I'll go see it if he is in or out. It's all about H.F. anyway. :D

Joe Brody

Well Labouf's likely involvement was in today's Wall Street Journal (3/27/06 on page W8).

Now Mr. Spielberg is considering making it a trifecta [casting Lebouf in his third Spielberg film] by casting the 20-year-old former Disney Channel regular in on of the most anticipated movie projects in recent memory: the upcoming revival of the "Indiana Jones" franchise. Mr. Labouf would play the son of the archaelogist. . ."

Sounds like there may be something to that City of the Gods rumor. . . can't believe they'd do another 'finding the missing Jones' storyline. I weep. . . .

XMarksTheSpot

Joe Brody said:
Well Labouf's likely involvement was in today's Wall Street Journal (3/27/06 on page W8).

Sounds like there may be something to that City of the Gods rumor. . . can't believe they'd do another 'finding the missing Jones' storyline. I weep. . . .

Ugh...I too weep alongside you. That's just awful. =/

Ooo...what if he does play Indy's son, and he gets killed? (y) Then it wouldn't be a total disappointment. I mean that could be a motive behind finding or going after whoever he is going after in the new film. lol

I'm sorry I just really dislike that Lebouf guy.

San Holo

I saw LeDouche on the Tonight Show last night, and man do I really hate this kid now. I tried to be optimistic, but this guy is annoying. Did anyone else watch it? I've never seen him act- hopefully he's not such a dipsht on the bigscreen.