Uncharted: The Games

KiKi Kat

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend on the same day!
My wife may not see me for weeks!

Yay!! Now all I'll have to do is find a babysitter and I'll be good to go. Party Time!!

Ska

Is anyone else enjoying the multi-player demo as much as I am? Although I really suck at it...practice makes perfect.

Le Saboteur

There's a nice series of spoiler-free videos over at the Game Informer site if you haven't already seen them.

The Making of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

And if I may be especially mysterious, I may just have something interesting to share, say, around 2200 PST. What could it possibly be? You'll have to stay tuned and find out!

Le Saboteur

Please don't hate me too much.

Just a few quick snaps before I call it a night.

Display of the Not For Purchase Fortune Hunter Edition of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

3989801510_e43de68233.jpg

Sign on entry to theatre.

3989045171_1a1e599cac.jpg

Ceiling projection.

3989046245_a089e2fa8a.jpg

Please don't hate me.

3989800400_68410d359b.jpg

3989800738_ca5d2fae09.jpg

Ska

<---jealous.

So, have you gotten to play the full version yet? Less than a week away to release day.

Le Saboteur

Ska said:
<---jealous.

So, have you gotten to play the full version yet? Less than a week away to release day.

Well, they gave us a copy of the full version at the event. Both of those copies in the last snap are currently in my possession; haven't played it yet, though. I still need to beat the first game.

With that said, I played in the tourney last night on an as of yet unreleased map
called "Sanctuary". My team was knocked out early, but my compadre ended up on the third-place team!

There was some time for free-play at the very end, and I played through a large chunk of the train level. And that, my friends, was absolutely stunning!

Amy Hennig was there (Naughty Dog's creative director!), and I got her autograph on my copy of Drake's Fortune.

The Drifter

Le Saboteur said:
Well, they gave us a copy of the full version at the event. Both of those copies in the last snap are currently in my possession; haven't played it yet, though. I still need to beat the first game.

With that said, I played in the tourney last night on an as of yet unreleased map
called "Sanctuary". My team was knocked out early, but my compadre ended up on the third-place team!

There was some time for free-play at the very end, and I played through a large chunk of the train level. And that, my friends, was absolutely stunning!

Amy Hennig was there (Naughty Dog's creative director!), and I got her autograph on my copy of Drake's Fortune.

You are so lucky!
Yes, you need to beat the first before the second. That's what I would do.

Le Saboteur

Here's a couple more...

...pieces of errata: 1.) The movie is still in early pre-production. Sam T. (one of the game's producers) is hoping to get down to brass tacks, and have some "really cool announcements" in the next couple of months. He doesn't know whether or not it's going to be an adaptation or an entirely new story, but Naughty Dog and SCEA will be in a joint-partnership with Columbia. Which I assume'll include casting and story veto. 2.) Amy Hennig didn't care for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull either; somebody really dropped the ball when it came to research.

Did they include Plunder in the multi-player beta? That's my absolute favourite of the multi-player scenarios! The voice work is phenomenal, and the overall audio is wa-ay above what you've heard in a game before. Hearing all the audio effects piped through the theatre speakers was awesome. If you get a chance, pick up a copy of the soundtrack! It's that good.

Ska

Le Saboteur said:
Did they include Plunder in the multi-player beta? That's my absolute favourite of the multi-player scenarios!

Yeah, it's in there. (That is the one where you have to find the treasure and take it back to your chest, right?) That's my favorite, also. I played it quite a few times in the last few days.

BTW, we should share PSN ID's so we can party up.

<----skabatula

Le Saboteur

Ska said:
Yeah, it's in there. (That is the one where you have to find the treasure and take it back to your chest, right?) That's my favorite, also. I played it quite a few times in the last few days.

BTW, we should share PSN ID's so we can party up.

<----skabatula

Yeah, that's the game mode! It'll probably end up being the only type of on-line skirmish I'll get involved in; death match has never been my thing, and consequently haven't played an on-line game since the original Diablo came out. If I sign up, I'll definitely let you know!

Two more cool things from Amy Hennig. The Tibetan language you'll hear out of Tenzin is actual Tibetan, and the closeup shots of Marco Polo's diary are written in acurate 13th Century Latin.

Here's a couple of more pictures from the tourney.

4003845261_582e96a9af.jpg

4003853319_fa5ae9f8f7.jpg

Le Saboteur

Lonsome_Drifter said:
So, how is the single-player game? Have you beaten it yet?

Well, by now you're probably aware of just how awesome it is. After all, it didn't get fifteen perfect scores for no reason! And, no, I haven't beaten it yet. That's going to take some time!

Ska

Picking it up tomorrow after work.

Can't wait!!! My wife's going shopping with her sister all day Saturday, so you can damn well bet I'll be parked in front of the TV all day.

The Drifter

I won't be able to afford the game for awhile. All of that keeping up with it during these last few months was for naught!