General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Pale Horse

Staff member
Mungi said:
Now Steven Spielberg and Joe Johnston not only plan one more movie, but a second trilogy...

Read: Reboot

That's Indiana Jones only hope currently. Any idealism that Ford will be back, should be dispelled.

Indy's brother

Pale Horse said:
Read: Reboot

That's Indiana Jones only hope currently. Any idealism that Ford will be back, should be dispelled.

You know, all this Kennedy quote means, (if taken at face value) is that Spielberg is not committed to the project. And if I continue to take every quote literally, then there is a story, and as of 3 weeks ago George was looking for a macguffin for the idea they've been hashing out.

In any case, Kennedy's quote is the most depressing thing I've read in this entire thread. And I've dutifully read every page since it was created. If Spielberg isn't on board to reel George in, and this thing actually gets made someday, I predict that the end result will be a complete ____ing disaster.

Pale Horse

Staff member
about three weeks ago

"Shia is a F**king idiot" (many sources)

I wouldn't trust one word from that source. I think it's been significantly proven he'll say anything to stay in the press. Besides, even Ford himself says all the hype is just rumor.

Everyone is drinking from the wrong grail. LOL:whip:

Indy's brother

Kernunnos said:
Tintin the new Indy?

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in all my life.

Shia has more chance of being the next Terminator than bloody Tintin has of taking the place of Indy in the public's collective heart.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you are absolutely right. For a hollywood big shot, this is a pretty stupid thing to say. Even from a promotional angle. As a hardcore Indy nut, I would even go so far as saying that it borders on offensive, really.

Jeez, I really need to get out more.....

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Kathleen Kennedy's producing Warhorse, Tintin and Lincoln, so this probably reflects Spielberg's outlook. If the media runs with this quote we'll also hear an official statement of damage control, otherwise a question at comic-Con might be in order.

I have 2 optimistic ways of looking at this: (1) It's a tiresome question Kennedy has complained about on the bonus materials, and she's just blunter than the others. (2) She's sending a message from Spielberg to Lucas. In 2 years Spielberg will have released all the films above and his next Jurassic Park (Robopocalypse). Jon Favreau walked away from Iron Man because he and Ford have an original franchise, Cowboys & Aliens... in my issue of Wired Favreau talks about how the ending sets up the next one. Meanwhile Lucas jumped on the waning end of the 3D craze and has only his tepid ensemble history drama Red Tails. He had it exactly backwards when he said "I'm in the future; Steven's in the past." It's liberating for the others to move on from Lucas's tightly controlled property. But Indy was dead before (1990-1992) and I suspect Lucas will come crawling back soon.

moon_tan

Indy's brother said:
Thanks Mungi!

Again, here it is in print:

Jeez George. Put SW on the shelf for an afternoon and commit to a macguffin already. Hire a goddamn screenwriter. It's been 3 years now. Your lead actor is alive and well, and willing and able to do this.

*cussing*
You just said what I wanted to say on TheRaider.net, but I was being decent being a new member and all. I'm sitting at the computer cussing at George Lucas myself. We all don't understand why Lucas is sitting on his 2 cheeks about it. I'm willing to buy him a pencil if he needs one.

moon_tan

Indy's brother said:
You know, all this Kennedy quote means, (if taken at face value) is that Spielberg is not committed to the project. And if I continue to take every quote literally, then there is a story, and as of 3 weeks ago George was looking for a macguffin for the idea they've been hashing out.

In any case, Kennedy's quote is the most depressing thing I've read in this entire thread. And I've dutifully read every page since it was created. If Spielberg isn't on board to reel George in, and this thing actually gets made someday, I predict that the end result will be a complete ____ing disaster.
I think George Lucas needs to watch Legend Quest on the SyFy Channel Wednesday Nights at 10:00pm and maybe he will come up with an idea for a new artifact. Last week the man was looking for the real Ark of the Covenant. He thinks he got close to it, but he never went to the actual church in Ethiopia where it is also said to be, where the guardian of he artifact (for life) always sees the Ark of the Covenant everyday and blesses it.

QBComics

Well, that is indeed sad. I guess this means for sure, no more Indy, at least nowhere in the near future.

Ah well, I anticipate Tintin (which, yes, does have an Indy vibe to it), War Horse, and Lincoln. Seems like Spielberg is going to be on a roll soon enough.

Mungi

Moedred said:
Jon Favreau walked away from Iron Man because he and Ford have an original franchise, Cowboys & Aliens... in my issue of Wired Favreau talks about how the ending sets up the next one.

More Cowboys and Aliens? Wow!

If they really shut down the whole thing, then why keeps Harrison Ford saying how much he wants another one and that he still thinks they have the chance do a very good one? They would have had a few words with him, I'm sure about that. He doesn't seem to know anything about that.

Even Kennedy's husband, Frank Marshall, said he doesn't want to hear the story until they fully agreed on it. That didn't happen yet, so they probably just didn't hear of it for some time.

Dr. Gonzo

Mungi said:
If they really shut down the whole thing, then why keeps Harrison Ford saying how much he wants another one and that he still thinks they have the chance do a very good one?
Want in one hand and **** in the other, see which one gets full first.

IndyForever

The Kathleen Kennedy quotes are BS as they are translated & make no sense she would not even know much about this until they were close to announcing anything its not like she is that close to Spielberg anymore professionally!!

Only people who are in the loop on Indy 5 are Lucas & Spielberg. Even Ford would just get to hear they are readying the story he would not know if it was very close or not as he is semi-retired nowadays but said a few days ago when interviewed on his ranch that he thinks they can make 1 more good Indy movie!!!! so we know he is keen to do it while he can be credible in the role.

Shia is a clown no way he would know anything about Indy anymore I doubt Lucas or Spielberg would even want to use him after what he said its not like he needs to be in the movie anyway Ford does not need a teen sidekick!! Shia has publically complained about Indy4 several times & Lucas/Spielberg will know all about that so doubt they will want to pay him a good salary to moan again!!!! he was an insurance policy for younger viewers on Indy4 but it did not even need it as Indy was the most popular movie in 2008 worldwide making $1M more than The Dark Knight which Lucas/Spielberg will be well aware of the $$$ value of Indy still.......

I think the real status of Indy5 is that Lucas is still not happy with his macguffin's or story direction. Lucas has been busy with a new house he bought in Italy as well as Red Tails, Star Wars 3D Theme Ride ' Disneyland & Star Wars films in 3D but apart from that he has nothing else movie wise going on. Now all those projects are finished or close to being finished he can concentrate on Indy5 full time. If nothing is announced by the end of 2012 then we can all assume Indy5 is not going to happen until then or any announcement from Lucas/Spielberg its all internet BS rumour's......... Lucas is the key though he owns Indy & without his willingness or co-operation nothing will change so he is the one more than anyone fans need to pester & ask about the status!!! Star Wars Trilogy Bluray media events in September will be a golden opportunity if Lucas attends you know someone is going to ask Indy question(s) so with that & Spielberg/Ford/Lucas all being close to each other these next 2 weekend(s) we will know one way or the other within the next few months what is happening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-Lucas-9m-Italian-convent--spa-cinema.html

IndyForever said:
The Kathleen Kennedy quotes are BS as they are translated & make no sense she would not even know much about this until they were close to announcing anything its not like she is that close to Spielberg anymore professionally!!

Didn't she produce Tintin? War Horse?

moon_tan

IndyForever said:

Only people who are in the loop on Indy 5 are Lucas & Spielberg. Even Ford would just get to hear they are readying the story he would not know if it was very close or not as he is semi-retired nowadays but said a few days ago when interviewed on his ranch that he thinks they can make 1 more good Indy movie!!!! so we know he is keen to do it while he can be credible in the role.

Shia is a clown no way he would know anything about Indy anymore I doubt Lucas or Spielberg would even want to use him after what he said its not like he needs to be in the movie anyway Ford does not need a teen sidekick!! Shia has publically complained about Indy4 several times & Lucas/Spielberg will know all about that so doubt they will want to pay him a good salary to moan again!!!! he was an insurance policy for younger viewers on Indy4 but it did not even need it as Indy was the most popular movie in 2008 worldwide making $1M more than The Dark Knight which Lucas/Spielberg will be well aware of the $$$ value of Indy still.......

I think the real status of Indy5 is that Lucas is still not happy with his macguffin's or story direction. Lucas has been busy with a new house he bought in Italy as well as Red Tails, Star Wars 3D Theme Ride ' Disneyland & Star Wars films in 3D but apart from that he has nothing else movie wise going on. Now all those projects are finished or close to being finished he can concentrate on Indy5 full time. If nothing is announced by the end of 2012 then we can all assume Indy5 is not going to happen until then or any announcement from Lucas/Spielberg its all internet BS rumour's......... Lucas is the key though he owns Indy & without his willingness or co-operation nothing will change so he is the one more than anyone fans need to pester & ask about the status!!! Star Wars Trilogy Bluray media events in September will be a golden opportunity if Lucas attends you know someone is going to ask Indy question(s) so with that & Spielberg/Ford/Lucas all being close to each other these next 2 weekend(s) we will know one way or the other within the next few months what is happening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-Lucas-9m-Italian-convent--spa-cinema.html
I agree with what you say. I'm only going to take Kennedy's statement with a grain of salt. Lucas had said last November there is a story he is working on and hopefully if all three of them can come together and agree on the story, they will proceed. What George Lucas is doing right now is preparing all 6 Star Wars movies for re-release in 3D. The Phantom Menace will be re-released in February 2012 with the others released each year after. That means we won't see the very first Star Wars (1977) until 2015.
Harrison Ford has been very supportive of the idea of Indiana Jones 5. He would do it now if he could.
Yes, I hope Steven Spielberg and George Lucas will get together at these conventions and maybe in a room somewhere privately discuss Indiana Jones 5. I wonder if they do email each other.

Mungi said:
Once again, Harrison Ford is on Letterman tonight. Should be fun.(y)

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/a...ys/1311110551_letterman-harrison-ford-468.jpg
Thanks for the post Mungi, thanks to you I will watch the interview tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vile

moon_tan said:
. What George Lucas is doing right now is preparing all 6 Star Wars movies for re-release in 3D. The Phantom Menace will be re-released in February 2012 with the others released each year after. That means we won't see the very first Star Wars (1977) until 2015.
Even assuming that Lucas is very 'hands on' with the Star Wars 3D conversion, I'd imagine his level of effort must only be circa 1 day per week (on average). I bet his involvement in The Clone Wars cartoons is less than that. I'd think he would have enough time to get Indy V realised... if he has the desire to.

Montana Smith

Darth Vile said:
Even assuming that Lucas is very 'hands on' with the Star Wars 3D conversion, I'd imagine his level of effort must only be circa 1 day per week (on average). I bet his involvement in The Clone Wars cartoons is less than that. I'd think he would have enough time to get Indy V realised... if he has the desire to.

George is in the enviable position of being able to do the projects he wants to do. I doubt that pressure from outside forces (i.e. fans) will encourage him to do Indy 5 if he really isn't feeling the project at this time.

moon_tan

Harrison Ford on David Letterman Show

David took a hold of Harrison Ford's head to find the scar he had on top of his head. Then Harrison said, He was circumcised.
Doesn't matter to me either way, but since he is not uncut, he better watch for those saddle burns.

moon_tan said:
David took a hold of Harrison Ford's head to find the scar he had on top of his head. Then Harrison said, He was circumcised.
Doesn't matter to me either way, but since he is not uncut, he better watch for those saddle burns.
So Wa Moo is that you?