Votes: 6 30.0%
  • the same age as me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Z dweller

The whatculture article states:

"And though initially, Collider's sources weren't quite clear on if Kasdan would simply be retooling or not, the film's production has since been pushed back a year to give Kasdan time to write his own script."

A whole year, really? Is there any confirmation of this anywhere else? :confused:

Silvor

Z dweller said:
The whatculture article states:

"And though initially, Collider's sources weren't quite clear on if Kasdan would simply be retooling or not, the film's production has since been pushed back a year to give Kasdan time to write his own script."

A whole year, really? Is there any confirmation of this anywhere else? :confused:
Holy crap, a whole year?! Was the Koepp version complete garbage or something?
I wonder what in the world they are planning.

seasider

Silvor said:
Holy crap, a whole year?! Was the Koepp version complete garbage or something?

Maybe someone at Lucasfilm found out Koepp directed Mortdecai. Joking aside, my theory is that it was more of scheduling issue. Koepp is set to write and direct "You Should Have Left" probably later this year or early next year which means he would not be available for any script rewrites or revisions for Indy 5. Spielberg will often have his screenwriters on the set as he shoots in case he needs a scene rewritten on the fly.

We do know that Kasdan has not yet signed a contract to be Koepp's replacement so he can only revise and polish things in the existing script. I'm sure the contract thing will be remedied soon if it hasn't already.

Z dweller

Silvor said:
At this stage, all we have is rumors.
I'm very skeptical of this latest one about the one year delay: there's no source at all, sounds like drivel.

But if turns out to be true, then it's almost certain they are bringing in Kasdan in to essentially re-write the script, not just to polish it.

And IMO this would very likely mean that they scrapped the original idea of another "old Indy" adventure in favor of two intersecting stories, one of which takes place in the 60s with Ford, the other one shown in flahsbacks with a younger actor.

We shall see..

Raiders90

My prediction: Ford will not be in this, or if he is, his screen time will be no longer than 25 to 30 minutes, and his Indy will die.

IndyBuff

If he's writing Indy V then it's officially dead. You would think they learned their lesson after Solo.

Raiders90

bones372v321.jpg

Joosse

IndyBuff said:
If he's writing Indy V then it's officially dead. You would think they learned their lesson after Solo.

What lesson?

That he can actually write a decent movie?

Because Solo might have under performed in the cinema, it certainly wasn't the script that was to blame for that.

Dr.Sartorius

Joosse said:
What lesson?

Because Solo might have under performed in the cinema, it certainly wasn't the script that was to blame for that.

Might have under performed? It's at best a $50 million loss. That's a little worse than under performing.

IndyBuff

Joosse said:
What lesson?

Making Lando pansexual, adding an SJW droid, rewriting parts of Solo's backstory that fans had previously loved. Sure, that's just what Indy needs.:rolleyes:

Dr.Sartorius

IndyBuff said:
Making Lando pansexual, adding an SJW droid, rewriting parts of Solo's backstory that fans had previously loved. Sure, that's just what Indy needs.:rolleyes:

I don't remember Lando being pansexual in the movie.

TheFirebird1

IndyBuff said:
Making Lando pansexual
Not to get too off-topic, but his orientation wasn't exactly a main point in the film. In all honesty, Lando seemed just as heterosexual as he was in his previous two appearances. Kasdan didn't really make an effort to have Lando be seen as pan in the movie, either. It seemed to be more of what he thought about the character.
IndyBuff said:
adding an SJW droid
Granted, you might have interpreted L3 differently, but from my point of view (and also Ron Howard's and Jon Kasdan's, if I remember correctly), she was always meant to be a satirical look on a lot of protesters and so-called "freedom fighters" today. Her viewpoints weren't meant to be taken seriously, but were rather used for humor (whether that worked out or not, I'm inclined to disagree, but I see where Kasdan was coming from).
IndyBuff said:
rewriting parts of Solo's backstory that fans had previously loved. Sure, that's just what Indy needs.
Again, that won't be a problem with Indy (very fortunately). The Expanded Adventures are still intact (unlike Star Wars's EU), so none of Indy's backstory can really be changed.

TheFirebird1

Dr.Sartorius said:
So what? It's not in the movie.
Dr.Sartorius raises a good point as well. It doesn't really matter because it wasn't even hinted at, much less shoved in our faces. The media took a statement Jon made and blew it completely out of proportion.

Dr.Sartorius

TheFirebird1 said:
Dr.Sartorius raises a good point as well. It doesn't really matter because it wasn't even hinted at, much less shoved in our faces. The media took a statement Jon made and blew it completely out of proportion.

I didn't even really like the movie but some of the criticism being leveled at it is really dumb.

Pale Horse

Staff member
TheFirebird1 said:

There's actual dialogue about it. When Qi'ra is talking to L3-37 alone in the cockpit of the Falcon. Lando figured out how to pleasure the droid.

Dr.Sartorius

Pale Horse said:
There's actual dialogue about it. When Qi'ra is talking to L3-37 alone in the cockpit of the Falcon. Lando figured out how to pleasure the droid.

I took that as an (unfunny) joke. That didn't scream, "Lando is pansexual" to me.