TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #101
AHegele
IndyFan

concerning Natalie Portman-

She is pretty bland in both the looks and acting department. I'd take Shia over her any day of the week. He is more in tune with Indy's sensibilities.
AHegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #102
scifiwolf
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzsche
I've looked at the photo a few times now and it has occurred to me that Indy appears to be trying to pass the RPG off to Mutt who doesn't look too enthused about the idea.
lol - I was going to post this, but I went back to make sure it hadn't been said. When I realized no one had said it, I came back and you posted while I was reading. Definitely looks like Indy's trying to get Mutt to take it.

[gruff voice]You know how to use one of these?[/gruff voice]
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #103
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid2
....mmmmm....everytime a see a new picture I get mixed feelings...I don't know...that hat...Indy and Marion's expressions...

What do you mean "that hat" Indy's hat? What's wrong with it? I like his hat.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #104
trippweeder
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperjones
i hope Natalie and Jessica can get over this

Two more hearts for mending.
trippweeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #105
Tsar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzsche
I've looked at the photo a few times now and it has occurred to me that Indy appears to be trying to pass the RPG off to Mutt who doesn't look too enthused about the idea.

I don't think so, Indy's finger is on the trigger as if he is about to aim it out back and fire it.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #106
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Hahahahahhaha. Good one.

Are you laughing with me or at me? Of course personality is a big factor in attractiveness. In the real world it definitely takes precedence for me over looks (to a point). But when speaking of movie stars, people I'll never meet and whose publicly projected personality may not even be real...I'm more comfortable saying, "Wow, she's physically gorgeous" and leaving it at that.

Now Franka Potente--I think she is attractive in every way. I would date her.
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #107
Chiliana Jones
IndyFan

"point at the russians, Boom-Boom"

sweeeeeeeet
Chiliana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #108
trippweeder
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by commontone
Natalie was good in Garden State and Closer, I thought. Not great, but not talentless. Alba has never been good in anything that I've seen.

Personality-wise, I probably wouldn't want to date either of them. (Well, Portman did go to Harvard, so she's probably reasonably intelligent, at least.) But I'm not gonna feel bad for thinking they're attractive.

Hmm. Yes, I can see how her personality may deter you.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #109
jasperjones
IndyFan

And on that bombshell...
jasperjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #110
Indy_Chic
IndyFan

Yes!! I am so loving this picture! Pure awesomeness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyologist
You go with your big bad bazooka Indy baby! Looks about as good as the rocket launcher in Raiders. Can't wait to see what he's going to totally waste with that puppy!

Same here! I pity whoever is going to be on the receiving end of that bazooka when badass Indy fires it.
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #111
Papa Jones
IndyFan

Indy's expression is like "uhm, whooops... sorry."
Papa Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #112
Mike Dowswell
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperjones
I think we made our point. Just a bit o fun. Seriously though, I love the way people on an internet message board are pointing out how the creators of the character and original movies haven't got it right and are proffering up their photo-shopped improvements lol. I know it's not meant seriously and is all in good spirit but I don't even think the prequel spoiler wars ever got as nitpicky as this lol!

Just for my own curiousity, how old are people on here? I'm 31 and grew up with the films as a young kid so I love them all. I think Raiders is the best but I still love all of them. I don't share the disappointment some have for TOD or LC because at the age I fell in love with them I wasn't looking to pick apart their flaws, or I wasn't expecting anything other than Indy, action, humour and thrills and they delivered in spades for me. Just wondering if it's an age thing or a taste thing...

Exactly, I cannot put enough emphasis here on the fact that this is all a bit of fun...but I will state that I cannot turn a digital photo into a celluloid one, its just not possible...but I have tried my very hardest…what we have here is a digital photo and the actual film is shot on celluloid, that has to be said...what we will SEE on the big screen will look COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to these production stills...and I take my hat off to Mr Speilberg for sticking by his guns and shooting Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on 35mm celluloid and sticking by his guns for using miniatures and matte paintings for the special effects. What I'm particularly excited to find out is wiether or not we’ll see some stop motion in this movie. If he does that, I’m going to be overjoyed.

I wanted to see 35mm celluloid production publicity photos though...and we don’t seem to have them. This made me really very keen to load them into photoshop and add the grain...its quite funny really.

I’m a 26 year old filmmaker and have always loved the films.

And yes, the anticipation on this one is absolutely huge, its Phantom Menace huge. That’s the only other film I can compare the anticipation to. 18 years is such a long time and this Indiana Jones trilogy is so very iconic.

---
Mike Dowswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #113
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippweeder

Hmm. Yes, I can see how her personality may deter you.

I'd call that an artist's rendering. Its heavily altered. You can make anyone look good naked with a few hours of photoshop time on your hands. But im pretty sure your not just gonna walk into your house one day out of the blue and find her randomly having broken and entered and laying naked wrapped in your living room rug.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #114
trippweeder
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I'd call that an artist's rendering. Its heavily altered. You can make anyone look good naked with a few hours of photoshop time on your hands. But im pretty sure your not just gonna walk into your house one day out of the blue and find her randomly having broken and entered and laying naked wrapped in your living room rug.

*switches off alarm just in case*
Old 01-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #115
OhioJones
IndyFan

This is an awesome photo! Indy looks totally BA
OhioJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #116
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I'd call that an artist's rendering. Its heavily altered.

I think she's one of those people who pretty much has perfect skin. I bet it's more lighting than digital altering. And I doubt she looks much worse in person.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #117
JerryKing
IndyFan

Any dialogue in that article?

JerryKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #118
Major West
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dowswell
Well the thing is that...(and its all still a bit out of context) but when your driving in the forest / jungle, its quite dark, the window behind marion is showing that it's quite built up with jungle.

I've put in more green on this one below, previous one was a tad too blue.

---

Isn't this a bit sad? Are we on a Star trek forum? Why are people getting their panties in a twist over whether or not the image looks good enough and are messing with it?

It's a friggin publicity still. By the looks of things taken using a digital camera so it's very sharp and probably hasn't had any further alterations done.

It will look fine in the film. Spielberg shot the movie using film cameras and was keen to carry on the lighting and cinematography style of the first three flicks.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #119
Deckard
IndyFan

LoL. Meesa no have a booma...

Jess sans makeup :

Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #120
HFFan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by commontone
I bet it's more lighting than digital altering.

I feel sorry for any woman who has a partner that thinks that photo isn't altered.
HFFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #121
NamedAfterDaDog
IndyFan

Getting back on Indy, I am willing to bet that they are in this:

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7625-1

Just my speculation, although this thing (the car) doesn't have a roof the picture kinda looks like it does. Oh well, just a thought.
NamedAfterDaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #122
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
This photo is exciting. Marion gets to drive! Indy looks like he's going to kick some serious Red butt!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #123
Matthew
IndyFan

The weapon is being handed to Mutt.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #124
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFFan

I feel sorry for any woman who has a partner that thinks that photo isn't altered.

Je*us. I didn't say she wasn't wearing makeup, that there was no lighting magic happening. I'm just saying they probably weren't digitally editing out tons of wrinkles. I've actually known girls who were stunningly beautiful without any makeup--Latin girls often have really nice skin--and would probably look close to that good in that photo with no help at all. Maybe I'm just not as jaded as you.

I don't like the guy I'm being made out to be here. I'm not some frat boy idiot fawning over Maxim girls. In the world I almost never comment on girls' looks at all, and sometimes I think a place like this is safer to do so...count me as wrong.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #125
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
The weapon is being handed to Mutt.

I'm going to assume Indy is smart enough not to hand such a dangerous weapon to a punk kid like Shia.

As long Indy gets to fire it once I'll be happy.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote