Double Features

TheMutt92

Any double features that you'd like to see, either on the big screen or just some afternoon on TV? In particular, ones that aren't part of a franchise or series. For me, what I could think of...

Shutter Island/Inception - both feature Leonardo DiCaprio in mind bending thrillers where he is haunted by his dead wife

The Conversation/Blow Out - both deal with surveillance/recording technology, murder, suspicion, paranoia

Jackie Brown/Out of Sight - both are based on Elmore Leonard novels, released around the same time, and feature Michael Keaton in the same role

TheMutt92

Rio Bravo/El Dorado/Rio Lobo - each of these Howard Hawks westerns share similar themes, characters, and even some sequences and dialogue stolen from each other. It'd be interesting to see how they work back to back to back.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Brief Encounter (Lean, 1946)/The Apartment (Wilder, 1960)

The former strongly influenced the latter, both in terms of the initial scenario of the latter film, and the Rachmaninoff-tinged score that Adolph Deutsch provided.

The Drifter

Rocky/Stop! Or My Will Shoot

We can see the rise of Sly Stallone as he plays Rocky Balboa in this classic underdog story, and then we can be treated with seeing his downward slide into crappy films that almost ruined his career.

TheMutt92

Taxi Driver/The King of Comedy - I've always felt that, while these two films couldn't be more different, they share a lot of similarities

The Illusionist/The Prestige - both deal w/ magicians and their secrets

The Big Sleep/The Big Lebowski - just to try and find any noticeable similarities between Raymond Chandler's Detective Marlowe and The Coen Brothers Dude

The Shawshank Redemption/The Green Mile - two Stephen King prison dramas written and directed by Frank Darabont

Where the Buffalo Roam/Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - two different takes on Hunter Thompson

The Drifter

Raising Arizona/O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Both films by the Coen Brothers that happen to be my favorites from them. I think they would mesh well together.

Attila the Professor said:
You're a cruel man.

On that note:

Citizen Kane/The Transformers: The Movie

Come on! Mario Puzo baby!

On that note:

High Road to China/ Romancing the Stone

High Road to China is NOT on Netflix!