KotCS DH comics team

yodazone

I bought the new Star Wars: Dark Times #5 comic today and in the letter column there was an announcement stating that John Jackson Miller (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) is adapting the New Indy 4 film to comics!!!

Here's the excerpt from the just released Star Wars: Dark Times #5 letter column:

"Not only will John Jackson Miller, writer of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, be adapting the new Indiana Jones film to comics, Dark Horse will also be launching the all-new, all-ages-friendly Indiana Jones Adventures, as well as collecting its classic Indy comics in a line of Indiana Jones omnibuses."

I brought this up over in the Dark Horse Star Wars forums and here's what New Indiana Jones Editor, Jeremy Barlow, said:

It's true! And Luke Ross (Samurai: Heaven and Earth) is illustrating it! (And, not that it matters, I'm editing the whole line.)

You kids are in for some kick-ass Indy comics next year, believe it!

New Indy Books are coming!!! Feel free to join the Dark Horse Star Wars boards to spread your ideas for future Indy series!!!!

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10731&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

It'd be great to see that once announced Adam Hughes Indy drawn comic series again one day!!!!

Join the forums and tell the editors and writers what you want to see in the next Indy comics!!!!

Also vote in the Indy poll I started in there too!!! They actually listen to fans there!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
yodazone said:
Feel free to join the Dark Horse Star Wars boards
Look at the size of that board... think we might get our own?
Thanks for the great news!
Some of our ideas...
MacGuffin? http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=2765
MacGuffin? http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10540
Creatures? http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=5137
Where? http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=6417

Gotta plug my own fanfic!
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=9640

walker

crazy coincidence - I'll see if John can provide any additional info

I used to work with John until he left our company about nine months ago to write comics full time. I'm sure he won't be able to share any details re: Indy 4, but maybe he can spill some dirt on the future of the line at Dark Horse. This world is getting really small!

Back with info (hopefully) soon.
walker

yodazone

Yea, It sounds like they are taking extra care in making more new & quality driven Indy comics over at Dark Horse now. It's about time too!!!!

Been too long since there's been any indiana Jones comics!

If anyone can come join the forum over there and just post in that Indy thread, that would be great too!!!

Plus, It'll help keep the "Indy" awareness level up on top with the editors!

They might be cool and spill a little more details on future Indy projects too like they just did with the Luke Ross artist/announcement on the Indy 4 comic adaptation.

Everyone's here inviting to join over the forums over there!!

:D :D :D

indianajones1ln3.jpg

Last edited:

walker

Spoke with John Jackson Miller re: Indy Comics

Hello everyone
I spoke with John today re: his writing of the Indy 4 comic adaptation. This is non-news, really, but since I mentioned I'd get in touch with him, I figured I ought to post it.

Specifically, I asked him if he was going to be writing any additional Indy comics after the Indy 4 adaptation. He noted that although he couldn't talk about anything that wasn't already announced, his editor on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was also going to be his editor on Indy, so he thinks his chances are pretty good. If you're a fan of the Old Republic series (I dig it) this is excellent news.

See -- not really news -- but something to hope for, I guess.
walker

JimmyPSHayes

The SW: Knights of the Old Republic title interested me the least when the Star Wars line re-booted, mainly because I never played or cared about the video games. But, after reading the comic it's become one of my favorites!! He's a good writer and I'd be more than happy if he was named writer of an ongoing Indy series.

yodazone

the cool folks at Rebelscum.com have posted early solicitations for Dark Horse comics in March:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Dark_Horse_Comics_For_March_2008_110761.asp

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
GEORGE LUCAS (W), DAVID KOEPP (W), JOHN JACKSON MILLER (W), LUKE ROSS (P), FABIO LAGUNA (I), and DAN JACKSON (C)

On sale May 22
FC, 96 pages
$12.95
TPB, 7" x 10"

The most anticipated movie event of the summer comes to comics in this adaptation of the fourth Indiana Jones film!

The intrepid Doctor Henry Jones Jr. is back in his biggest adventure yet! This time, the world-renowned archaeologist finds himself caught in a series of events that all point to a discovery unlike any other. But will his rivals in pursuit of this priceless treasure seize his quarry from right under his nose? Not if he, and a few unexpected companions, have anything to say about it!

The thrill and the humor, the action and the romance, the hat and the whip—everything you love about Indy is here! This is a tale sure to please longtime fans as well as foster a whole generation of new ones!

Adapting the most anticipated movie event of the year!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yodazone

Indy 4 Comic streets on release day

John Jackson Miller talks Indy comics during this "Star Wars:Vector" interview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12772

--------------------------------------------------------------------
An equally thrilling experience for the veteran writer was penning the trade paperback adaptation for the other big-time Lucasfilm property “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” which is based on the story by George Lucas and the screenplay by David Koepp.

Dark Horse is set to release “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” on May 22, 2008 – the same day the movie will premiere worldwide. “It was a great thrill to get a peek at what the filmmakers had planned for this long-awaited sequel, especially since I was one of the fans waiting for it,” said Miller. “As with Star Wars, Indiana Jones was one of those franchises I followed through both the movies and the comics. I even wrote my first Indy story back in high school, so it was always a source of inspiration. Way back before there was definitely a film planned, I was already lobbying Editor Jeremy Barlow for a crack at the adaptation. I’m really hyped about the movie and working on the adaptation was a lot of fun, all around.”

Asked to tease CBR News with a look inside the top-secret book, Miller responded, “The Dark Horse adaptation arrives in May with art by Luke Ross and inks by Fabio Laguna. The covers are by Hugh Fleming, who’s painted other Indy work. Between the covers? Paper, ink and a fine adventure, that’s all I can say,”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Horse is releasing the comic adaptaion at the same time of the movie release! (And not months in advance like they did with the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith adaptation!) Nice!!!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

JimmyPSHayes

I just got an email from Dark Horse that says the Indy Ongoing series hits in June. I was hoping that it would be out in May, but June is fine with me. Just as long as we get it.

Dr.Sartorius

Asked to tease CBR News with a look inside the top-secret book, Miller responded, ?The Dark Horse adaptation arrives in May with art by Luke Ross and inks by Fabio Laguna. The covers are by Hugh Fleming, who?s painted other Indy work. Between the covers? Paper, ink and a fine adventure, that?s all I can say,?

He really let the cat out of the bag didn't he? :rolleyes:

yodazone

JimmyPSHayes said:
I just got an email from Dark Horse that says the Indy Ongoing series hits in June. I was hoping that it would be out in May, but June is fine with me. Just as long as we get it.

Now I wonder who the artist is going to be on the ongoing title.

And if it's going to just be called "Indiana Jones" or "Indiana Jones and the....(insert mcmuffin title here per story arc)...."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

JimmyPSHayes

I really hope it's a true ongoing series like the Marvel series was. And not a series of mini-series. Believe it or not, frequent stops and starts hurt sales on comics.

yodazone

yea, an ongoing solo Indy title without the "Adventures of" would be cool. With accompaning side/mini series as well. I'd buy 2 Indy titles per month if they release it. New Indiana Jones comics could work in the same way as the "Star Wars" comic line and sustain multiple series' running during different timelines throughout the Indiana Jones universe.

One shots or maxi-series. Or even an "All Star" series where established comic creators produce all new gritty Indy stories. I'd really dig seeing an "Indy" story penned by Garth Ennis and drawn by Glenn Fabry.....or Steve Dillion.

(y) (y) (y)