The other Colonel Vogel

Snakes

I dunno if anyone else ever found this, but in issue 8 of The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones, there is another Colonel Vogel. The comic was published in 1983, years before Last Crusade was written. The story also has to do with Atlantis, predating Fate of Atlantis. At first, since the story takes place in 1936, I though that this could perhaps be the same Vogel as LC. However, the Colonel Vogel featured in the comic is named Curt Johann Vogel. He also has a large mustache. I found the 2 part story in issues 7-8 much better than some of the Dark Horse comics. If you can find any of the old Marvel series, I think its worth checking out.

Stoo

Right on! "Africa Screams" & "Crystal Death"! One of my favourite, 2-part stories from the Marvel run!
I do like that Vogel character and he is, indeed, a curious predecessor. The re-appearance of Indy's enemy,
Ian McIver is another bonus but the whole scene with Indy & Marion on the jungle river is fantastic Indy action!
The illustrations/inking in #7 are better than in #8 but these make a great pair of comics.