Jewel Of The Forest

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Eric Solo said:
Are there ANY fan videos in the Fan Film Theater that are actually films? Even the early ones from the '80s are done on videotape right?

I found one on Youtube from the 80s that was shot on Super 8mm. Too bad about the sound though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rz5GTnRFnA

@ResidentAlien: How can you film school be called a film school then? I did two semesters of 16mm and Super 16mm courses and Australian film schools are supposed to suck. It's our film school's pride in claiming to be one of the few that keeps the film production courses. I've even had the pleasure of editing on a Steenbeck. But, the industry itself rarely uses film now. If anyone here knows anything about the industry here, they'd tell you that it's low budget, very small and completely in the digital realm.

Violet Indy said:
I found one on Youtube from the 80s that was shot on Super 8mm. Too bad about the sound though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rz5GTnRFnA

@ResidentAlien: How can you film school be called a film school then? I did two semesters of 16mm and Super 16mm courses and Australian film schools are supposed to suck. It's our film school's pride in claiming to be one of the few that keeps the film production courses. I've even had the pleasure of editing on a Steenbeck. But, the industry itself rarely uses film now. If anyone here knows anything about the industry here, they'd tell you that it's low budget, very small and completely in the digital realm.

We switched to digital editing about 5 years ago I think. There are still upper level film courses but the intro courses are gone which is disgusting. I got in at the very last semester for them so I lucked out. I'll be taking another 16mm production course probably next semester (if I can afford it...).

Kingsley

I've got the luck to shot two short films in 16mm too. It was 5 years ago, when I studied in Buenos Aires. It's over now. With the new technology it's almost against logic to film in the old (and expensive) way in school. Argentina, with all its fascinating paradoxes, is a 3rd world country after all.

I too like the romanticism of film, it looks great when its well done. But I give more importance to the conceptual and narrative side of filmmaking... and you can see greatness in some simple handycam shots. Would you prefer it doesn't exist because it isn't supported in the best possible format?
I am grateful to have experienced the last days of the old school in combination with the born of the digital era. I know where we come from and can see where we are going... Resident Alien, it's not so bad ;)

You can put toghether the best things from 100 years of film history, and of course they are a lot more than what you can pick from the present... because present, as a mental construction, can't go to far away till it becomes territory of the Past.

I'm totally off topic now :p

How many times, and in how many variations, are you going to post this? We get it... you made a corny low-budget VIDEO. Do you need a thousand topics saying this?

And yet you still post the same topic time and again.

I make films too. It's a passion of mine. I don't go around whoring my work. If people want to see it, they will. You've too much pride. Not everyone sees you as some auteur in the making. Let it come to you.

Mr. Fusion

I thought it was decent. I haven't watched your other vids, but I will try to do so tomorrow. So, I don't know what ResidentAlien means. I hope to disagree with him though. I don't think anyone with an Indy passion can whore their work around... I could be wrong.:rolleyes:

In which Indy movie does he fight Osama Bin Laden?
That villain is terrifying! Especially at the beginning, running through the woods like an escaped lunatic! Ten out of ten for dedication.
:D

Last edited:

No Ticket

I liked your sketch of SSJ2 Gohan... that was pretty good! My internet is messing up so I'm having a hard time loading videos, so I'll have to watch your Indy film later.

bigdaddygamer14

Wow, thanks guys. My only purpose in making movies is with the hopes of entertaining people and possibly brightening their day! I appreciate the compliments!

sunshinestate1992

ResidentAlien said:
And yet you still post the same topic time and again.

I make films too. It's a passion of mine. I don't go around whoring my work. If people want to see it, they will. You've too much pride. Not everyone sees you as some auteur in the making. Let it come to you.
Dude why to you have to be scuh a douche to him , who cares if he posts too much.
Youre not the only aspiring filmmaker because he is !!!.Im not a filmaker but he is and he takes pride in his work,and if it bothers you to much...GET OVER IT !!!! this is a INDIANA JONES FANSITE..NO NEED TO ***** AND MOAN.......maybe your jealous

speilberg wouldnt like it

im not even a filmmaker i just hate when people act like stupid *******s.!!!

Eric Solo

ResidentAlien said:
I make films too. It's a passion of mine. I don't go around whoring my work. If people want to see it, they will.

Let's see some of your work, Mr. FILM School. Have you uploaded it somewhere or would that be beneath you?

Good job , BigDaddy!

Last edited:
Eric Solo said:
Let's see some of your work, Mr. FILM School. Have you uploaded it somewhere or would that be beneath you?

Good job , BigDaddy!

It's online. A few are on myspace which I've linked to before. If you find it, feel free to watch 'em.

I don't advertise. If the subject matter is interesting to people, they'll find 'em. That's what tags are for.